Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Did Maguire being told he's not the captain any more (well duh) really merit a personal statement released through the club?

barnish oggie

Hopefully it is a prelude to his statement when he leaves......although from what I hear he actually wants to stay and fight for his place.

Stripping him of the captaincy was sign enough that isn't going to be a regular starter and he should take the hint.

johnnycool

Quote from: barnish oggie on July 17, 2023, 10:55:53 AM
Hopefully it is a prelude to his statement when he leaves......although from what I hear he actually wants to stay and fight for his place.

Stripping him of the captaincy was sign enough that isn't going to be a regular starter and he should take the hint.

He's not going to pick up that big salary anywhere else so he'll do a Phil Jones and ride it out to the bank, although somehow he's an England career to think about.

statto

Was Shaw not starting ahead of him at centre back not a big enough hint? He is 5th choice at best.  West Ham favourites to get him but think they have decent centre halves.  Any team that plays with a high defensive line will be best to avoid. 

NAG1

Maguire and the club are trying to spin it so no one comes out looking too bad. Maguire needs to save face to try and secure a move and the club don't want to damage the resale money any further than already has been.

Best for them to part ways at this stage and for him to start fresh somewhere.

keep her low this half

Quote from: johnnycool on July 17, 2023, 11:08:40 AM

He's not going to pick up that big salary anywhere else so he'll do a Phil Jones and ride it out to the bank, although somehow he's an England career to think about.

I think he will end up at West Ham on a loan to buy deal. He has two years left on his contract at United so if West Ham agree a deal to sign him next summer at a reduced wage for three years for 20-25m its a good deal all round. For this year they take him on loan and pay 75% of his wages, if he plays 25 or more games it triggers the deal to buy.
Something like that, he will end up playing somewhere else as he needs playing time before the Euros.

statto

On the latest episode of BBC Radio Manchester's The Devils' Advocate podcast, Two Door Cinema Club's Kevin Baird thinks Marcus Rashford should be Manchester United's next captain: "He's the best player, he's from Manchester and he'll be there forever, hopefully. I think we should groom him to be the next captain of the club.

"I love that he is able to balance being an incredible footballer with being a good human being. That is exactly what we should want from our captain. In the modern world, we want our players to have opinions and stand up for what's right."

Whats the thoughts on this from the United supporters?  Bruno probably the favourite but some of his behaviours may not be befitting of a captain.  Some rattlies threw out if doesn't get it I would imagine. 

Varane possibly an option but won't be around for that long given age profile.  Martinez wouldn't be a bad shout either.  ETH seems to be bringing better characters into the squad, last 3 captains Maguire, Young and Valencia which probably tells you where they are since fergie left. 

Jeepers Creepers

Jonny Evans on his way back on a short term deal. If Harry Maguire doesn't get the message now he never will lol.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on July 18, 2023, 04:15:25 PM
Jonny Evans on his way back on a short term deal. If Harry Maguire doesn't get the message now he never will lol.

Hard to believe he's 8 years gone from Utd.

trailer

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 18, 2023, 04:20:34 PM

Hard to believe he's 8 years gone from Utd.

Should never have sold him. That shithead Van Gaal and Giggs. Did untold damage to the club after the disaster that was Moyes.

GJL

Onana deal signed and sealed. Eyes now on Hojlund.

Piskin

United now need a striker

Armagh18

thought he was just there to train while he looked for a club? Still far better than Maguire

AustinPowers

Quote from: GJL on July 18, 2023, 04:42:49 PM
Onana deal signed and sealed. Eyes now on Hojlund.

What's this gk  like? I  never seen him play

BuzzCagney

Quote from: statto on July 18, 2023, 09:32:03 AM
On the latest episode of BBC Radio Manchester's The Devils' Advocate podcast, Two Door Cinema Club's Kevin Baird thinks Marcus Rashford should be Manchester United's next captain: "He's the best player, he's from Manchester and he'll be there forever, hopefully. I think we should groom him to be the next captain of the club.

"I love that he is able to balance being an incredible footballer with being a good human being. That is exactly what we should want from our captain. In the modern world, we want our players to have opinions and stand up for what's right."

Whats the thoughts on this from the United supporters?  Bruno probably the favourite but some of his behaviours may not be befitting of a captain.  Some rattlies threw out if doesn't get it I would imagine. 

Varane possibly an option but won't be around for that long given age profile.  Martinez wouldn't be a bad shout either.  ETH seems to be bringing better characters into the squad, last 3 captains Maguire, Young and Valencia which probably tells you where they are since fergie left.

Casemiro or Varane for captain Fernandes and Rashford no leaders whe  going gets tough.