Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

Quote from: NAG1 on June 30, 2023, 11:07:40 AM
Quote from: statto on June 30, 2023, 09:30:37 AM
Quote from: snoopdog on June 30, 2023, 08:25:31 AM
The treatment of de gea is disgraceful. Shambles of a club. Sooner those glazer parasites are gone the better. They can't even sell the club without making a mess of It

The way they allegedly offered him a deal and then changed mind isn't a great look.  Would question why offering over 300k to a goalkeeper that the manager doesn't seem to want as number 1 choice.  Has been a great servant and was up with world's best in prime, but they should let him move on if ETH has eyes on another number 1 as could do a job elsewhere think he has enough credit in the bank at this stage to be treated right if they aren't going to play him much.  To me it doesn't make any business sense to be paying someone that amount of money to play in the cup games.  Not surprising though as United have continually made errors in transfers/contracts since Ferguson left.

Disgraceful way to treat a player who has won player of the year numerous times, has been nothing but a consummate professional at all times.

Why offer the contract if they were looking at other options. Unless they start to shift players out the door then they won't have the space to even recruit a new GK.

Anyone else find the Mount transfer underwhelming? Looks like a nice tidy player for sure and there is scope for him to grow and improve, but with other priorities more pressing in the squad it seems like a bit of a luxury one again.

Means very  little tbh (just like his golden   glove  this season means very little) .  It's a team game , and the team (and him)  hasn't been good enough in recent years. .  I'm  sure Phil Jones has been a consummate  professional in recent years  , but he's  hardly played in 5 or 6 years . Does that  mean he deserves a new contract too, just for turning up  at the training  ground and  behaving himself?

There's no sentiment in  football.  When you're  no longer valued  highly , you're discarded. Out the door .  That's the way it works. It's  a business  at the end of the day

trailer

Quote from: AustinPowers on June 30, 2023, 12:53:21 PM
The treatment of de gea is disgraceful. Shambles of a club. Sooner those glazer parasites are gone the better. They can't even sell the club without making a mess of It

The way they allegedly offered him a deal and then changed mind isn't a great look.  Would question why offering over 300k to a goalkeeper that the manager doesn't seem to want as number 1 choice.  Has been a great servant and was up with world's best in prime, but they should let him move on if ETH has eyes on another number 1 as could do a job elsewhere think he has enough credit in the bank at this stage to be treated right if they aren't going to play him much.  To me it doesn't make any business sense to be paying someone that amount of money to play in the cup games.  Not surprising though as United have continually made errors in transfers/contracts since Ferguson left.

Disgraceful way to treat a player who has won player of the year numerous times, has been nothing but a consummate professional at all times.

Why offer the contract if they were looking at other options. Unless they start to shift players out the door then they won't have the space to even recruit a new GK.

Anyone else find the Mount transfer underwhelming? Looks like a nice tidy player for sure and there is scope for him to grow and improve, but with other priorities more pressing in the squad it seems like a bit of a luxury one again.

Means very  little tbh (just like his golden   glove  this season means very little) .  It's a team game , and the team (and him)  hasn't been good enough in recent years. .  I'm  sure Phil Jones has been a consummate  professional in recent years  , but he's  hardly played in 5 or 6 years . Does that  mean he deserves a new contract too, just for turning up  at the training  ground and  behaving himself?

There's no sentiment in  football.  When you're  no longer valued  highly , you're discarded. Out the door .  That's the way it works. It's  a business  at the end of the day

It's not about the sentiment or anything else it is how they treated him. They offered him a new contract, he signed it and then the club withdrew it. It is another example of this club being totally dysfunctional behind the scenes. Monkeys are running this club.

statto

Looks like De Gea going on a free now. 

NAG1

Quote from: statto on June 30, 2023, 02:14:32 PM
Looks like De Gea going on a free now.

Seems to be big interest in the Inter goalie Onana off the back of this.

quit yo jibbajabba

Whats my name

(Everybody singalong)

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

barnish oggie

Quote from: trailer on June 30, 2023, 01:04:15 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on June 30, 2023, 12:53:21 PM

It's not about the sentiment or anything else it is how they treated him. They offered him a new contract, he signed it and then the club withdrew it. It is another example of this club being totally dysfunctional behind the scenes. Monkeys are running this club.

I think the case is they offered him a new contract on reduced terms, which is fair enough as he was the best paid keeper in the world and definitely not performing like it.

However, after his performances towards the end of the season, they reassessed it and offered a different contract.

No-one has been humiliated, or treated badly, it's a contractual dispute that has reached a natural resolution due to passage of time.

Perfectly obliged to do that and if he doesn't like it he doesn't have to sign it.

The biggest mistake was offering him a new contract in the first place.

I won't be celebrating him leaving as many on twitter seem to be doing, but his time to go has long since passed.

The game has moved on and he hasn't.

If we can replace him with a modern keeper that fits into Ten Hag's system, De Gea's contract issues will be forgotten about very quickly.

GJL

Mount getting number 7. Not sure that he is the man for that jersey. 🤔

BrotherMore6592

An unproven Mason mount gets the coveted number 7 jersey at United

How the mighty have fallen

Banter club

CK_Redhand

Do people seriously care what number players wear on their shirt? I thought that was left behind at the playground.

Something to keep us talking about I suppose while the oil states position themselves in the background.

square_ball

'Banter club' is such a modern day Twitter insult.

BrotherMore6592

Quote from: square_ball on July 05, 2023, 11:21:10 PM
'Banter club' is such a modern day Twitter insult.

How is this any different ? Debate board

square_ball

As in I have only ever seen it on the likes of Twitter. Do people actually say it in real life? Or do they say Loserpool in real life either?

trailer

Quote from: square_ball on July 06, 2023, 08:14:44 AM
As in I have only ever seen it on the likes of Twitter. Do people actually say it in real life? Or do they say Loserpool in real life either?

I always say Loserpool. Winds them Kopshite ones up no end.

Dunno about Mount and the 7 jersey. We'll see I suppose

jcpen

Quote from: CK_Redhand on July 05, 2023, 10:18:06 PM
Do people seriously care what number players wear on their shirt? I thought that was left behind at the playground.

Something to keep us talking about I suppose while the oil states position themselves in the background.
Middle aged men who still buy jerseys with names and numbers on the back are the only ones who would care i'd imagine. Load of nonsense otherwise as to what number any player wears as if it fecking matters what number is on a players shirt.
This is one of my 3 usernames.