Maigh Eo v Ros Comáin 25-5-19

Started by Farrandeelin, May 12, 2019, 09:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 24, 2019, 11:08:27 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on May 24, 2019, 10:44:52 AM
Don't know why people are so quick to judge , he's a kilbane , he's achill, he is part of the mayo diaspora who connect with the county team . It's not a new thing . I can go back to 1985 when I was eight years old and remember the house full to the brim with cousins with English accents over for the semi final v Dublin . The lack of understanding amongst the masses is pure ignorance or maybe you have to be from Mayo to understand it all I dunno

What a load of tripe  ;D

Mayo have a huge diaspora and my word the majority of them love the bandwagon Kilbane included; There was about 2000 Mayo fans at the quarter final in 2012 against Down as nobody believed there was An Ireland in that team.

That was a once off and a bad example that and the cork game the year before were poorly attended , of course people will turn away after Longford and that's probably why but they're back now and that's good . Save the poor support stuff please , Galway are an embarrassing at this stage .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

giveballaghback

Hopefully ros will shrink the rhubarbs diaspora tomorrow evening.

larryin89

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 24, 2019, 08:22:48 PM

How's the minor game going

sans pessimism

the same owl tune again and again-change the record,good lad.
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

giveballaghback

Quote from: larryin89 on May 24, 2019, 08:32:41 PM

Grasping at minor straws now larry, any ros lads from ballagh or indeed Sligo lads on that minor team or have ye decided to go with natives.

larryin89

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 25, 2019, 09:48:56 AM

Grasping at minor straws now larry, any ros lads from ballagh or indeed Sligo lads on that minor team or have ye decided to go with natives.

There was no Kerry lads anyway

fearsiuil

Quote from: larryin89 on May 25, 2019, 10:09:20 AM

;D

Tubberman

BURRRRRRN!!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Lar Naparka

Ah, it's summertime again!
For me, the first championship game for our lads begins when the ref first throws in the ball and the journey to god knows where begins. I have always felt the upsurge of anticipation and know that I am sharing the same hopes and aspirations as millions of Mayo ex-pats and, in many cases, second generation Mayo enthusiasts will. That's not forgetting those fortunate to live at home or, better still, those who turn up for the game and urge on the red and green to greater glory.
Well, hat's the preferred option anyway.  ;D
I have left McHale Park and the Hyde and Tuam many a time as well, with my hopes blown away and my morale sunk down to arse level, if not the soles of my boots. That's always been the case and always will.
Today, I can't make it to the game but I'll be there in spirit and as much of a nuisance to all around me as I have ever been. My nearest and dearest tell me I use more bad language during the course of a Mayo game as I do for the remainder of the year.
Today will be no different and I do expect I'll be more chilled out at the end of the game than I will be at the end. I can't see beyond a home victory today but I won't relax until the long whistle sounds. My problem is that, for me anyway, Mayo's form is about as predictable as a baby's bum.
Far too many times they have been motoring nicely and seem to have everything under control and then they lose the plot. Could have so easily happened in the league final this year.
However, Horan appears to be motoring on from where the team was when he was last in charge.I do expect a bit of daylight between the sides at the end and I can't see any reason why Mayo won't advance to the Connacht final. On form alone, I can't s any other outcome but then consistency isn't somethiing Mayo are noted for. I won't b able to breathe easily until that whistle blast!

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

giveballaghback

[/qu

Ahem, no not an O Shea in sight, our kerry lad is surplus to the kingdoms requirements and not claimed, poached or stolen from a smaller county.

larryin89

The o Shea you're on about never played football in Kerry. Just like Andy never played football in Roscommon

Rossfan

Did Andy never play on his home clubs pitch?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

giveballaghback

Quote from: Rossfan on May 25, 2019, 12:54:04 PM
Better than that Rossfan, he played in a connacht club final between 2 Roscommon clubs.

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on May 25, 2019, 12:54:04 PM

Pedantic nonsense , he plays for Ballagh who play in Mayo cause that's where they were originally located , end of story.

Rossfan

They play their home games in  Co. Roscommon.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM