Connacht Senior Championship 2018

Started by Rossfan, May 02, 2018, 11:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Sean Mullooly and Cian Connolly two championship starters from last year will they be returning in 2019 after their summer of traveling?

5 changes from the Div 2 final. Three in defence which was needed but even Leitrim i can imagine will be going for goals in this game.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 24, 2018, 05:26:47 PM
Sean Mullooly and Cian Connolly two championship starters from last year will they be returning in 2019 after their summer of traveling?

5 changes from the Div 2 final. Three in defence which was needed but even Leitrim i can imagine will be going for goals in this game.

Well given Mul has a 3 year contract with KPMG waiting for him and said when he announced he was traveling that he would would be back for 2019.. err, yes?

Rossfan

Decision on the Hyde postponed till after Saturday.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ck

Sligo beat Mayo in a challenge game on Tuesday night. Won by 5 points!

Syferus

Quote from: ck on May 25, 2018, 09:37:18 AM
Sligo beat Mayo in a challenge game on Tuesday night. Won by 5 points!

I'd settle for going to McHale for the CF if we were playing Sligo.

Rossfan

That wasn't even a challenge match.
We're going in against Sligo/Galway without a test.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on May 26, 2018, 08:58:07 PM
That wasn't even a challenge match.
We're going in against Sligo/Galway without a test.

Who gives a fûck. We hammered them last year too and it made zero difference.

Duine Eile

I see Kevin Mc is making big statements about playing in the Hyde and nowhere else...................unless it's Sligo they're up against, then they'll play in Castlebar.

Syferus

Quote from: Duine Eile on May 26, 2018, 10:19:11 PM
I see Kevin Mc is making big statements about playing in the Hyde and nowhere else...................unless it's Sligo they're up against, then they'll play in Castlebar.

It would be the Galway thing to do to let everyone down when they think they're going to win.

Duine Eile

Quote from: Syferus on May 26, 2018, 10:22:40 PM

It would be the Galway thing to do to get everyone down when they think they're going to win.

::)
Seriously though, what's the issue with the Hyde, is it capacity?

Syferus

Quote from: Duine Eile on May 26, 2018, 10:37:27 PM

It would be the Galway thing to do to get everyone down when they think they're going to win.

Ticketing. JP wants new electronic turnstiles to accurately account for attendances, which would mean the capacity that is there could be used more efficiently. Seamus Duke in the People this week said the CB are getting a mobile ticketing system that Tullamore used and that should bring the capacity of the Hyde up from 18,000 to 23,000 and that would be more than enough to host the Connacht final.

Love that McStay used his position to put pressure on the Connacht Council publicly, he's the best Roscommon manger I've seen in my lifetime.

Orchard park

Read Croke  park not JP 're the turnstiles.

Hyde won't be full anyways with 23k.... 12 maybe from Ross and 7 or 8 from the herring chokers.

I take it you weren't born in  1980 or 1990 then 're Roscommon managers......

Orchard park

Quote from: Duine Eile on May 26, 2018, 10:37:27 PM

It's capacity and turnstiles..... modern ticket resding turnstiles won't increase health and safety capacity but might increase revenues ....... county board should prioritise  the hyde over a vanity training pitch development in Oran and are being gobshites  to be fair. A very good co secretary, pro  and new treasurer but some awful poor reps involved in other key positions

seafoid

Quote from: Orchard park on May 27, 2018, 12:04:24 AM
Read Croke  park not JP 're the turnstiles.

Hyde won't be full anyways with 23k.... 12 maybe from Ross and 7 or 8 from the herring chokers.

I take it you weren't born in  1980 or 1990 then 're Roscommon managers......
Away in a manger
Away with the fairies
They don't show GAA Gold in primary schools
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Manning18

Adorable from McStay getting all indignant. Possibly going beyond his station a bit but sure it's worth a go anyway