10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

JoG2

Quote from: oakleafgael on September 04, 2019, 01:18:37 PM
Quote from: restorepride on September 03, 2019, 09:49:02 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 03, 2019, 08:33:45 PM
More to the point what's O'Kane sprouting this all in the papers and not let it be dealt internally between the County board and the clubs at the meeting. Good to know the pound signs for the paper come before been a Derry Supporter.
+ 10. Think his latest contribution will not even sit well with more mature journalists or with Irish News. Trying too hard. Getting too personal.

That's balls on both of your points. He is simply doing his job.

I'd agree with the 2 men above. You're talking about volunteers at the end of the day who give up their time for the county. To have inaccuracies about them and their procedures splashed all over the back pages of the IN doesn't sit well with me. It's tabloidesque, gossipy gutter press stuff.  This mornings article had a glaring untruth in it (if you're to take the CB at their word last night).

toby47

Quote from: JoG2 on September 04, 2019, 02:31:29 PM
More to the point what's O'Kane sprouting this all in the papers and not let it be dealt internally between the County board and the clubs at the meeting. Good to know the pound signs for the paper come before been a Derry Supporter.
+ 10. Think his latest contribution will not even sit well with more mature journalists or with Irish News. Trying too hard. Getting too personal.

I'd agree with the 2 men above. You're talking about volunteers at the end of the day who give up their time for the county. To have inaccuracies about them and their procedures splashed all over the back pages of the IN doesn't sit well with me. It's tabloidesque, gossipy gutter press stuff.  This mornings article had a glaring untruth in it (if you're to take the CB at their word last night).

He also published an anonymous letter about Kieran McGeeney only a couple of months ago, which I thought was a real low blow.

screenexile

Quote from: oakleafgael on September 04, 2019, 01:14:16 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 04, 2019, 10:51:36 AM
Quote from: BackInTheGame on September 04, 2019, 10:36:16 AM
RG wouldn't have been my choice but he's there now and to be honest I think he's a pretty good manager. As long as we don't play the absolute dirge he had Fermanagh playing at times we might do ok.

He should at least shore up the defence. I'd be happy enough to play a wee bit more defensively if it means that bang-average forwards no longer have a direct route to our goal whenever they feel like it.

+1!!!

Don't know much about Gallagher but willing to give him a chance. Meenagh is brilliant and Muldoon is one of our best ever forwards so I'm sure he has plenty to offer. We need another promotion this year as a minimum so let's hope we can do it.

Genuine question, whats that based on? His coaching in St Colms?

I've seen him first hand how good a trainer he is and the respect he commands from players. He has a wealth of knowledge about the game very organised and knows Derry football very well. Speak to anyone who's worked with him and they'll tell you the same.

lenny

RG wouldn't have been my choice but he's there now and to be honest I think he's a pretty good manager. As long as we don't play the absolute dirge he had Fermanagh playing at times we might do ok.

He should at least shore up the defence. I'd be happy enough to play a wee bit more defensively if it means that bang-average forwards no longer have a direct route to our goal whenever they feel like it.

Fermanagh weren't pretty to watch but he got them from the bottom of division 3 to almost getting promotion to division 1. Gallagher also got them to an ulster final probably with more limited talent than Derry have. He made them difficult to beat. Derry have folded much too easily recently and if he can get the best players out he should make us more competitive.

oakleafgael

Quote from: screenexile on September 04, 2019, 02:53:11 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on September 04, 2019, 01:14:16 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 04, 2019, 10:51:36 AM

+1!!!

Don't know much about Gallagher but willing to give him a chance. Meenagh is brilliant and Muldoon is one of our best ever forwards so I'm sure he has plenty to offer. We need another promotion this year as a minimum so let's hope we can do it.

Genuine question, whats that based on? His coaching in St Colms?

I've seen him first hand how good a trainer he is and the respect he commands from players. He has a wealth of knowledge about the game very organised and knows Derry football very well. Speak to anyone who's worked with him and they'll tell you the same.

Players always seem to like him alright but not much success on the C.V.

oakleafgael

Call out the inaccuracies then.

JoG2

Quote from: oakleafgael on September 04, 2019, 03:29:04 PM

Read the articles and then speak with your club delegate who was at the meeting last night. He / she will know

tbrick18

Can anyone post today's IN article? Never got a chance to see a paper today.....

Squareball71

And would you take them at their word?

JoG2

Quote from: Squareball71 on September 04, 2019, 07:40:20 PM

And would you take them at their word?

Yes

JohnDenver

Are they all volunteers?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: lenny on September 04, 2019, 03:05:29 PM

Fermanagh weren't pretty to watch but he got them from the bottom of division 3 to almost getting promotion to division 1. Gallagher also got them to an ulster final probably with more limited talent than Derry have. He made them difficult to beat. Derry have folded much too easily recently and if he can get the best players out he should make us more competitive.

Good post, this shouldn't be underestimated by the Derry folk.

Brolly and the likes of course will do a hatchet job on him but if you look pound for pound, Gallagher done great work at Fermanagh.

Drumraghexile

reports made out everyone was split over the appointment of gallagher.

seems like more than alot of you gaels are more than happy with him.

oakleafgael

Quote from: JoG2 on September 04, 2019, 04:07:40 PM

Read the articles and then speak with your club delegate who was at the meeting last night. He / she will know

You are the man saying that the story had inaccuracies and untruths. Call them out.

Gaagaagaa20

Quote from: oakleafgael on September 05, 2019, 02:04:44 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 04, 2019, 04:07:40 PM

You are the man saying that the story had inaccuracies and untruths. Call them out.
Great to see an outside manager is finally uniting all Derry gaels!!