County Senior Hurling Championship Updates

Started by AZOffaly, October 04, 2016, 02:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Ballyragget are decent enough here against the wind! Too many mistakes for Tooreen when on the ball
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Quote from: maigheo on January 20, 2018, 02:55:46 PM
probably but Tooreen have strong breeze for 2ind half
Like any good team, Ballyragget went for points with the wind and goals against the wind.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 07, 2018, 09:37:12 PM
Cuala beat.

Big result, they've been going hard for the past few years, a good winter break and re charge the batteries needed.. they have too much quality to not make it back
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Nenagh put Thurles to the sword yesterday. All change in Tipp as well.

Final is between Nenagh and Clonoulty Rossmore for the Dan Breen Cup.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on October 08, 2018, 11:53:32 AM

Thurles are a crock of shit. I've given up backing them as they have no heart or just lack a mentality that champions bring to big games... It seemed winning Tipp championships was easy and now they can't do that anymore

clonadmad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 08, 2018, 12:49:10 PM

Thurles are a crock of shit. I've given up backing them as they have no heart or just lack a mentality that champions bring to big games... It seemed winning Tipp championships was easy and now they can't do that anymore

You clearly don't have a clue

Thurles were going for 5 in a row this year

Kilruane has them beaten in the quarterfinals and they dug it out

Loughmore had them beaten in the mid final and they dug it out twice

Their forwards are too light and knacky for the winter hurling of the Munster club

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clonadmad on October 08, 2018, 02:57:40 PM

Their forwards are too light and knacky for the winter hurling of the Munster club

Ok read my bit in bold first and then read your bit in bold, and does that not match what you are saying? Thurles have plenty of big hurlers

clonadmad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 08, 2018, 03:59:12 PM

Ok read my bit in bold first and then read your bit in bold, and does that not match what you are saying? Thurles have plenty of big hurlers

Winning the Tipp championship ain't easy any year given the depth and spread of senior clubs,throw in the 4 divisional championship of which 3 are hotly contested and you have a fair slog to a county title,never mind this year when it has been ultra competitive

I'd wager your knowledge of the Tipp championship is fairly limited.

How many games have you been to?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clonadmad on October 08, 2018, 04:02:47 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 08, 2018, 03:59:12 PM

Winning the Tipp championship ain't easy any year given the depth and spread of senior clubs,throw in the 4 divisional championship of which 3 are hotly contested and you have a fair slog to a county title,never mind this year when it has been ultra competitive

I'd wager your knowledge of the Tipp championship is fairly limited.

How many games have you been to?

Here's what I know, Thurles have under performed with a gifted set of hurlers at the big stage for the previous 5 odd years, they have choked when Munster titles came their way and teams with lesser pedigree have bettered them..

I've only seen them when TG4 put them on and over the years they have been on often enough.. but if you can't see there is something wrong with them I doubt your knowledge of Tipp club hurling

imtommygunn

How many steps did the ballea number 13 take for that goal? Still a very entertaining game mind.

AZOffaly

Interesting tidbit from the Tipperary County Final on Sunday. John O'Keefe captained Clonoulty Rossmore, and received the Dan Breen Cup. In the war of Independence, John's home place was a safe house for republicans on the run, and Dan Breen himself actually stayed there. Nice to bring the cup home to the same place the man himself once stayed.

Timmy Hammersley
@TimmyHammersley
On Sunday clonoulty' Rossmore's captain John o Keefe received the Dan Breen cup, John's home house was a safe house during the war of Independence for the 3rd Tipperary Brigade of the IRA, which the man himself Dan Breen found shelter in

8:37 PM - Oct 23, 2018

johnnycool

Ballyea and Ballygunner was some battle yesterday taking a second period of extra time to separate them. Both out on their feet at the end like two punch drunk heavyweights.

Ballygunner in fairness look to have the better all round team but Ballyea with Jack Brown, Niall Deasy and Tony Kelly are a serious outfit too.

Na Piarsaigh gave the Tipp champions a right going over and will be favourites but if Ballygunner can get a dry sod they might be quick enough and sharp enough to make a game of it.

Coolderry and MLR was a hard hitting game, no love lost their by the looks of it. I presume MLR aren't well liked in Leinster club circles due to their abrasive style.
We'd them and St Rynaghs up at our tournament last year and they weren't missing each other either.