Star Wars

Started by omaghjoe, December 15, 2015, 10:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 24, 2018, 12:48:50 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 24, 2018, 10:32:26 AM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on May 24, 2018, 10:28:35 AM
Saw Solo last night. Not bad considering all the production problems. 7/10. The main guy is badly miscast, its like the adventured of Han Solos shorter brother. Other than that though quite enjoyable. Interesting cameo at the end setting up more sequels for disney

See I can't understand that shite. I love Star Wars, but the suspension of disbelief needed to think this lad is the same Han Solo that appears in IV is just too much. If you're casting for an actor that is supposed to be a younger (but not child!!) version of someone like Harrison Ford, you at least need to have the same height and at least a passing resemblance.
Are you not already taking quite a leap for the story but the actor's height is a problem  ;D...

Young Han Solo finds adventure when he joins a gang of galactic smugglers, including a 196-year-old Wookie named Chewbacca. Indebted to the gangster Dryden Vos, the crew devises a daring plan to travel to the mining planet Kessel to steal a batch of valuable coaxium. In need of a fast ship, Solo meets Lando Calrissian, the suave owner of the perfect vessel for the dangerous mission -- the Millennium Falcon.

The whole saga is a suspension of disbelief :) But you know what I mean.

Tony Baloney

I do. We're planning to see it in the next few days and the missus LOVES Harrison Ford so I'm sure she'll be yapping about this new lad.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 24, 2018, 12:51:57 PM
I do. We're planning to see it in the next few days and the missus LOVES Harrison Ford so I'm sure she'll be yapping about this new lad.

It's worse than when the new Pippa replaced the old Pippa in Neighbours :)

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 24, 2018, 12:53:30 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 24, 2018, 12:51:57 PM

It's worse than when the new Pippa replaced the old Pippa in Neighbours :)

That was a traumatic time!

Tony Baloney

Getting your Aussie soaps mixed up lads.

JPGJOHNNYG

The guy is ok in it just not Ford which is harsh because glover is ok in at as well but looks nothing like Lando but seems to get a bye. They probably should have picked Ingruber who looks and sounds just like a young ford and has already starred as a young Ford in a recent movie. Im guessing though everyone would have then moaned about an impersonator rather than an actor. Maybe we just have to wait a few years for the special edition blue ray with a CGI harrison crowbarred in lol.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 24, 2018, 12:57:07 PM
Getting your Aussie soaps mixed up lads.

Sorry, Home and Away :)

magpie seanie

omaghjoe

Would a lifetime of space travel not increase his height due to lack of gravity?

Then again travelling at the speed of light should reduce his height but of course that's all about were we are observing it from

Perhaps technology has allowed the new film to be filmed relative to how we would observe it from earth while the original ones had to be filmed at light speed?