Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunsilly King

Quote from: bannside on September 23, 2019, 09:11:58 PM
Strong rumours floating around that LD want to take this to the Dub under lights.

I guess LD got what they wanted.

Tail wagging the Dog again. Boys do we badly need a county ground, and not St Johns up graded with shite car parking facilities

Belfast GAA man

Is the guy in charge of the Ahoghill Sweet shop in charge of the re-fixes? :)
Seems like that is first option before other pitches availability is checked out

bannside

Casements have no problem with this, fair play dictated that the replay would be at a South Antrim venue. Nothing wrong with this venue...good pitch, good lights, good seating accomodation.
Hopefully we play to our full potential...if we bring our A game this will be another cliffhanger.

AntrimRealist

Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 24, 2019, 09:26:17 AM
Quote from: bannside on September 23, 2019, 09:11:58 PM
Strong rumours floating around that LD want to take this to the Dub under lights.

I guess LD got what they wanted.

Tail wagging the Dog again. Boys do we badly need a county ground, and not St Johns up graded with shite car parking facilities

Remind me again about how much car parking there was in the old Casement or in the new one if it ever happens or any other county ground ffs. St John's will do perfectly well for Div 3 or 4 NL games. If you think that a 35,000 seater Casement will be opened for club games or NL games, then you're deluded. Maybe for the first year of so but after that, forget about it

drillsergeant

Former Antrim star and highly regarded coach Kevin Madden is to join Tyrone's backroom team.

Confirming Madden's arrival on the Tyrone scene, manager Mickey Harte said: "He's joining our backroom team for the 2020 season and we're all very pleased to have him.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: drillsergeant on September 24, 2019, 11:28:19 AM
Former Antrim star and highly regarded coach Kevin Madden is to join Tyrone's backroom team.

Confirming Madden's arrival on the Tyrone scene, manager Mickey Harte said: "He's joining our backroom team for the 2020 season and we're all very pleased to have him.

Fair play Kevin. A gent and one of the better managers to be involved with from a refereeing position!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Good luck to Kevin - a big appointment and if he gets well paid for it, good luck with that too.....if he dosent take it someone else will!

Belfast GAA man

would 5/6 years at Creggan and not delivering a Championship with a talented squad not be seen as failure? Maybe he did a good interview

Spike

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 24, 2019, 01:23:54 PM
would 5/6 years at Creggan and not delivering a Championship with a talented squad not be seen as failure? Maybe he did a good interview

The quick answer is 'Yes' - no championship success in over 10 years in management with a number of clubs.   But this is Antrim where regression is interpreted as success, and for a bonus, get to pay for that regression.

The Tyrone supporters don't appear happy that KM is replacing Stephen O'Neill -  Owen Mulligan said 'we have just replaced Messi with Ian Dowie'  :) 

Think its safe to say Tyrone players will be booking their summer holidays early this year.

Dunsilly King

Quote from: Spike on September 24, 2019, 02:58:15 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 24, 2019, 01:23:54 PM

The quick answer is 'Yes' - no championship success in over 10 years in management with a number of clubs.   But this is Antrim where regression is interpreted as success, and for a bonus, get to pay for that regression.

The Tyrone supporters don't appear happy that KM is replacing Stephen O'Neill -  Owen Mulligan said 'we have just replaced Messi with Ian Dowie'  :) 

Think its safe to say Tyrone players will be booking their summer holidays early this year.

To be fair about it, Maddens coaching experience would be considerable in comparison to O'Neills, which was absolutely zero. Mulligan's comment has nothing whatsoever to do with coaching.

Spike

Mulligan's comment has nothing whatsoever to do with coaching.
[/quote]

How do you know that? Mulligan was simply replying to the news of the replacement.

Plenty of journeymen coaches about, flag carriers and waterboys - not too many Stephen O'Neills......but there is one more Ian Dowie now!  :P

bannside

Maybe Kevin Madden is a better coach than Stevie the great. He's definitely much more experienced and I'd take anything Mulligan has to say with a large pinch of salt. Tyrone a top four county atm, Kevin and Hartes challenge is to maintain or better that, and with Galway Cork and Donegal breathing down their neck, thats not a given.

No Peter John, KM has been too busy elsewhere to commit anything back to the club...I'd say that boat has well and truly sailed long ago.

Spike

Perhaps BS, but the majority of players from Creggan don't believe he's a great coach, and The Loup fellas have a lot of choice words about his abilities.  Harte has also got rid of Peter Donnelly who most certainly is a better and more experienced coach than KM so other than freshening things up its hard to see why Harte would deliberately weaken his backroom team  - unless the guys didn't want to work with Harte anymore and he needed a Yes man.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: bannside on September 24, 2019, 03:30:19 PM
Maybe Kevin Madden is a better coach than Stevie the great. He's definitely much more experienced and I'd take anything Mulligan has to say with a large pinch of salt. Tyrone a top four county atm, Kevin and Hartes challenge is to maintain or better that, and with Galway Cork and Donegal breathing down their neck, thats not a given.

No Peter John, KM has been too busy elsewhere to commit anything back to the club...I'd say that boat has well and truly sailed long ago.

always wondered if he had held a role at his own club over the years.

Each to their own, some people would rather be paid to coach another club than give up that time for free for their own club. Its not a criticism of the man but its just the way the game is. Ive been doing it for 8 years in a row now in my own club and i wouldnt be interested in doing it for money. you just dont have that emotional connection to another club when involved with it.
hurl like f**k boi!

oakleafgael

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 24, 2019, 03:59:32 PM
Quote from: bannside on September 24, 2019, 03:30:19 PM

always wondered if he had held a role at his own club over the years.

Each to their own, some people would rather be paid to coach another club than give up that time for free for their own club. Its not a criticism of the man but its just the way the game is. Ive been doing it for 8 years in a row now in my own club and i wouldnt be interested in doing it for money. you just dont have that emotional connection to another club when involved with it.

He coaches underage in Moneyglass.