Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

U21 Hurling Championship Final Update

Ruairí Óg CLG played and won our U21 hurling championship semi final on Monday night in a close entertaining game against a good St Johns team. Due to injuries to some of the panel we fielded with only 15 players available - we had no substitutes.

We were delighted to win the game and advance to the Final scheduled for Monday 1st July.

During the game one of our players sustained a broken finger and we learnt that 3 other players would not be in the country leaving us with 11 available players for the final.

Our U21 manager spoke with the Dunloy manager and advised him of our situation. The Dunloy manager very sportingly agreed to reschedule the final for later in July, subject to approval from CCC. We greatly appreciated the support of Dunloy and allowing us the honour of still competing in an U21 Final later in July.

Today Antrim CCC asked us to confirm were we playing in the final on Monday?

We again explained the fact that we only had 11 players available for the final on Monday and that Dunloy had agreed to move the game to later in July subject to approval by CCC.

Unfortunately this request was refused by CCC and today the game was awarded to Dunloy.

We would like to congratulate Dunloy CLG and they are a talented U21 team.

At the same time we have to put on record that we are bitterly disappointed that our County would not approve the request to reschedule the game - which had approval from our opponents Dunloy Gaa.

From C'Dall Facebook page

gaelforce13

Quote from: NAG1 on June 18, 2019, 10:02:12 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 18, 2019, 08:44:21 AM
seen a few people giving off on twitter about the U21 rule that stops fellas in their first year of minor playing U21. Is this a new thing?

A few lads from BC seem to be blaming this for them not being able to field against us last night.

I found it very strange to see a team not being able to field that we played in the county final the year before. I honestly thought that BC would of been a strong contender for it this season again.

Shambles that a club that size can't field. Regardless of any rule, ridiculous as it is.
This didn't age well.........

NAG1

Quote from: gaelforce13 on June 30, 2019, 10:29:48 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 18, 2019, 10:02:12 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 18, 2019, 08:44:21 AM
seen a few people giving off on twitter about the U21 rule that stops fellas in their first year of minor playing U21. Is this a new thing?

A few lads from BC seem to be blaming this for them not being able to field against us last night.

I found it very strange to see a team not being able to field that we played in the county final the year before. I honestly thought that BC would of been a strong contender for it this season again.

Shambles that a club that size can't field. Regardless of any rule, ridiculous as it is.
This didn't age well.........

Same applies poor form

Na Glinntí Glasa

anyone at the Lgiel v Ballycran game? was going to head over to it but went to watch our footballers instead. by the score line it wasnt up to much. Did Ballycran not travel strong
hurl like f**k boi!

keep her low this half

Bit of a surprise in the Feis last night with Ballycastle knocking out Dunloy although it did appear to be a weakened Dunloy team. It appears that the old adage of whoever wins the Feis doesn't win the championship still holds water in Dunloy.

Hurlingballs

Sure cushendall won feis Antrim and Ulster last year

north_antrim_hound

How about we got beat beat fair and square by a good team who wanted it more,  That's what I seen anyway.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

tbh the lads looked like they cared as much as i did standing in the rain watching it. Ballycastle were well up for it and fully deserved to be 12 points up at half time.

I was more pissed at having to pay £5 for a feis cup semi final! f**king rip off. i though they were taking the piss when they told me a fiver
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on July 11, 2019, 08:19:29 AM
tbh the lads looked like they cared as much as i did standing in the rain watching it. Ballycastle were well up for it and fully deserved to be 12 points up at half time.

I was more pissed at having to pay £5 for a feis cup semi final! f**king rip off. i though they were taking the piss when they told me a fiver

I remember when a £5 got you into the entire Feis Sunday  :'(

Na Glinntí Glasa

the feis used to be a good day out but its getting later each year and most the players are away on holidays this time of the year it turns it into a pointless competition.

hurl like f**k boi!

Antrim Coaster

Feis Sunday was always the first Sunday in July.

When the Feis was taken out of Glenariff and moved around the place, it seemed to lose its appeal.

The crowds that attended back in the day were unreal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_lCUTvdb_c

Na Glinntí Glasa

The expansion of the Leinster Senior Hurling Championship will be discussed at a meeting next week according to Leinster GAA chairman Jim Bolger.

Both a six-team championship and an eight-team championship are possibilities. The latter would be split into two groups of four.

It would be a departure from the five-team championship which has been in place since the introduction of the round robin format last year.

"We have a Leinster council meeting next week and we will discuss it at that," said Bolger at the PwC Player of the Month awards on Wednesday.

I even mentioned at looking at having two groups of four at one stage because we were looking at Carlow, Laois, Offaly and Westmeath, we felt they had closed the gap to a level that allowed us to look at that option.

We will discuss next week the possibility of having two fours.

It is timely to review it now and we will look at what options are available to us. We will know next week what the feeling is when the counties go together.

Calls for the expansion of the Leinster championship have become louder following Laois' victory over Dublin in the weekend's preliminary All-Ireland quarter-final.

"I am certainly conscious of the impact of yo-yoing for one team and with all due respect, maybe Laois could stay up there next year," said Bolger.

"But look at what happened at Offaly already, after coming down last year and Carlow are this year's Offaly, at present. What Carlow would have learnt this year may be lost by going back to the McDonagh.

"So, to ensure teams are able to sustain what they have learnt by going up to the top level, the pace of the game and the skills they would have honed, it may not be beneficial for them to go straight back down.

"It is easier to sustain that level against stiffer opposition, with all due respect to the McDonagh group."

Bolger said that any changes would not come into effect until 2021.

"We have to bring this to Congress so it won't kick in til the following year. We are bound by rules in that sense."
hurl like f**k boi!

Jeepers Creepers

need I ask who would make up the Joe McDonagh then?

saffman

Leinter championship proposals could be quite interesting.
Surely offlay can't be promoted to the liam McCarthy whilst Antrim & Kerry are left behind despite finishing above them in the Joe McDonagh.
GAA hurling hierarchy could further isolate themselves from Ulster hurling should this be allowed to happen.
I totally understand the reasoning behind adjusting the format on the basis of carlow and laois closing the gap however if Westmeath & offlay are being accommodated then so should we

imtommygunn

Haven't read them, then what happens to Kerry if Antrim are in it?