The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 01, 2023, 12:35:24 PM

LASK are Austrian
Union SG are Belgian - they were in the competition last year - played Rangers, it was their first European campaign in 60-ish years. Alexis's brother Kevin (yep-really) plays for them

J70

Salah has a few seasons at the top left in him. The opportunity for him to add to his already obscene wealth will be there next summer if the Saudis want to throw a fortune at Liverpool; they'll still be looking at bringing the best ever Arab player into their league. No way Liverpool should let him go at this point.

Jeepers Creepers

He could be hit by a bus in the Morning. Both he and Liverpool mad not to accept if they raise that offer  again. 1.5 million a week !?

GJL

£200m offered now apparently. He is bound to be pushing himself at wages of 1.5 per week!

Madness.  :o

J70

I guess we're getting to the point now where Liverpool may need to think longer term.

Let's say Salah is the difference between getting back into the CL next year and not.

Will 200 million, minus the cost of replacing him, cover that loss?

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: J70 on September 01, 2023, 05:02:27 PM
I guess we're getting to the point now where Liverpool may need to think longer term.

Let's say Salah is the difference between getting back into the CL next year and not.

Will 200 million, minus the cost of replacing him, cover that loss?

If it goes to 200 million then yes let him go. He's the 5th highest paid player in the world and Liverpool would save hundreds of thousands a week if he's gone as well. Big loss for sure but he's a 31 and may have seen the best of him.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

quit yo jibbajabba

If they bid 200 surely they'll go to 250. Week left in the Saudi window yet....

Where's the game Gona be in 5yrs time. We may all start choosing our favourite Saudi team...

gawa316

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 01, 2023, 05:50:48 PM

Where's the game Gona be in 5yrs time. We may all start choosing our favourite Saudi team...

I can't get my head around all the names of the teams...too similar, and for that reason I'm out!

seafoid

Quote from: gawa316 on September 01, 2023, 08:28:24 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 01, 2023, 05:50:48 PM

I can't get my head around all the names of the teams...too similar, and for that reason I'm out!
Al Pacino
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Capt Pat

That is good business for Liverpool with Gravenberch and Endo coming in to restock midfield. Now we just need to keep Salah at least until the January transfer window when we have a chance to get a replacement.

seafoid

The average age of the Liverpool midfield has reduced considerably. Gravenberch is 21. So I wouldn't expect much success for a while.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

gawa316

That was an impressive performance against a decent Villa side

Hound

Goals came at the right time, which always helps.

Darwin should have scored, but otherwise was very good. The best forward on the pitch and key involvement in two of the goals. Trent, Szobo and MacAllister also all very good.

Trent off injured late on.. Hopefully it's just the England games he misses.