Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Best of luck.

Surprised to see a joint management setup, generally don't think these type of ventures are too successful.

Hopefully they can bring a freshness to the squad and new ideas. Dooher is one of our greats and I'm sure he will be a big inspiration to a lot of our younger players?

Is Dooher an uncle of McShane's or something like that?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Rois

Brian's dad and Cathal's dad are first cousins

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Good luck to them. Highly respected men and have worked with a number of the current panelists previously. Deserve time now to put their stamp on the team.

GiveItToTheShooters

Mickey Donnelly was in the running? ;D The man is dying to be a county manager ;D applied for the derry job last year then applied for the tyrone job weeks after becoming Ardboe manager. He has no shame

sam03/05

Good luck to them both.
Difficult time to take over, team meetings, training weekends etc, all be very challenging in these Covid times. Hard then to get their ideas, set up etc - implemented. They way say the likes of McGuiness did in Donegal.
They deserve a complete by ball in at least the first year - no matter how things go as football set up has changed in Covid times. Harte has said that they had not even met up indoors for the 4 weeks before Donegal

In hiding

Is Paul Devlin still in charge of the u20s

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on November 25, 2020, 09:50:47 PM
Best of luck.

Surprised to see a joint management setup, generally don't think these type of ventures are too successful.

Hopefully they can bring a freshness to the squad and new ideas. Dooher is one of our greats and I'm sure he will be a big inspiration to a lot of our younger players?

Is Dooher an uncle of McShane's or something like that?

Has Dooher managed any clubs?

Redhand Santa

All the best to the management team. I'd have like to have seen a bit more experience and level of success in whoever replaced Harte but there wasn't many options out there. One thing is for sure it is a group of men that are all great Tyrone men and if they fail it won't be for a lack of effort. I have worries about the management team but will be fully behind them anyway and hope for the best.

A shake up of the panel won't do any harm. You'd imagine some of the following forwards will be called up/recalled - Paul Donaghy, Lee Brennan, Michael Conroy, Tiarnan Quinn, Danny McNulty, Conor McAliskey. Not sure if any of them would be guaranteed starters at this stage but they'd certainly add a bit of strength and depth.

Redhand Santa

Dooher and Logan won the u21 All Ireland with Tyrone. They had 2 other less successful years with them. Can anyone confirm what other teams they've managed? What years was Logan with Stewartstown?

square_ball

He was the main man with stewartstown with the season just played though can take very little from this season. Clarshack will be able to confirm other involvement I think he's been in the backroom teams possibly he certainly was in their success in the noughties.

I think they'll be successful enough. I certainly wouldn't be expecting a huge shift in tactics from what we've seen with Mickey Harte.

Onthe40

tbh there a largely untested mgmt team at this level, Logan has played the safety card by bringing in a team around him so collectively responsibility, bar a low key Donaghmore tilt and Stewartstown I don't recall any other jobs he's had outside the 21s, Dooher managed his club for a year I think.. Holmes and Donnelly prob got the better CVs

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 25, 2020, 10:05:35 PM
Mickey Donnelly was in the running? ;D The man is dying to be a county manager ;D applied for the derry job last year then applied for the tyrone job weeks after becoming Ardboe manager. He has no shame

He has a strong CV
An Ulster minor and U20 with two counites
Senior championship with Mayobridge
Mac Rory & Hogan Cups

in my view its strong than Dooher and Logans. Your comment sounds personal rather based on fact.Nominated does not mean you applied, its means a club put your name forward.

clarshack

Quote from: square_ball on November 26, 2020, 08:23:41 AM
He was the main man with stewartstown with the season just played though can take very little from this season. Clarshack will be able to confirm other involvement I think he's been in the backroom teams possibly he certainly was in their success in the noughties.

I think they'll be successful enough. I certainly wouldn't be expecting a huge shift in tactics from what we've seen with Mickey Harte.

Feargal was with Paddy Park in the years 2003 - 2007 when we went from Junior to Senior and also winning an Ulster Junior and reaching an All-Ireland final along the way. He would have been involved too when our u-21's won Grade 1 in 2016. Feargal has been pretty much at the centre of any success Stewartstown have had over the years and I also wouldn't read much into this season.
Overall as a package it's a good management team especially with Holmes and Donnelly in it.

GetOverTheBar

Peter Donnelly coming back on a part time basis is a strange one, surely this is a full time post these days unless Collie Holmes plans to take the majority of field work.

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 26, 2020, 10:20:34 AM
Peter Donnelly coming back on a part time basis is a strange one, surely this is a full time post these days unless Collie Holmes plans to take the majority of field work.

Not really sure.

Was Davies not just with the senior team last year? So I'd imagine it's Donnelly in the same capacity now.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL