Doping - don't trust anybody

Started by Denn Forever, July 15, 2013, 02:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Did he not have a falling out with Roche? And there is a famous joint interview on Late Late Show
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Watched a doc about Walsh and he has a lot of personal grudges, sort of a hard done by attitude
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Was it not kimmage and roche? Walsh used to be more respected but giving up on hounding sky has led to a few questions.

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 29, 2016, 10:51:21 PM
Was it not kimmage and roche? Walsh used to be more respected but giving up on hounding sky has led to a few questions.

No it was definetly Walsh, the interview is on YouTube
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

You could be right... Kimmage or Walsh... Wasn't sure
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

imtommygunn

Oh. Didn't know about that one.

Kimmage has left himself be consumed by the whole thing. Walsh maybe as bad too.

bennydorano

In the current era of cycling when it is much easier (& popular) to be uber-sceptical, I think Walsh deserves great credit for staking his considerable reputation on Sky being clean, he has nailed his colours to the mast and fair play to him. Kimmage & Co hedge their bets on everything & everybody and snipe from the sidelines.  I know which approach I respect more.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Asal Mor

Emails from Gary Hall Jr to Michelle Smith, from this Irish Times article.
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/olympics-michelle-smith-saga-still-divides-20-years-on-1.2739687

Gary Hall jnr
Five times Olympic gold medallist, three times World Championship gold medallist

Hello again,
I'm not sure why I feel compelled to reach out, to repeat my request for justice. Why something that happened nearly 20 years ago keeps me up at night, I can't fully comprehend. Please, try to understand that (if you cheated) a terrible injustice has occurred. I plead that you recognize the untainted achievement of Marianne Limpert, Allison Wagner and Joanne Malar and any other swimmer displaced by your accomplishment at the 1996 Olympics.
The impact on those mentioned must be a terrible burden. I've witnessed a lasting psychological impairment in Allison Wagner. It troubles me deeply. I've lost touch with the other swimmers. As I've mentioned in previous emails, none of those swimmers know I write you. Right this wrong. Only you can. Please do the noble thing, in finding redemption. Only then can you truly put this behind you. It must be a terrible burden for you as well. At the very least, I'll stop writing these emails . . . Gary Hall jnr

From Allison Wagner's wiki page
At the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia, Wagner won the silver medal in the 400-meter individual medley, finishing second behind Ireland's Michelle Smith. Four days later, she swam in the 200-meter individual medley and finished sixth.
On several occasions during Wagner's career, she was beaten in major championships by swimmers who were highly suspected or later proven to be users of banned performance-enhancing substances. Besides Michelle Smith in the 1996 Olympics, Wagner finished second behind China's Dai Guohong in the 1993 Short Course World Championships (200-meter individual medley) and China's Lü Bin at the 1994 Worlds (both 200-meter and 400-meter individual medley). Dai never failed a drug test, but Lu tested positive a few weeks after beating Wagner. Nevertheless, Lu was allowed to keep her 200-meter individual medley gold medal.

Asal Mor

Quote from: bennydorano on July 30, 2016, 02:08:42 PM
In the current era of cycling when it is much easier (& popular) to be uber-sceptical, I think Walsh deserves great credit for staking his considerable reputation on Sky being clean, he has nailed his colours to the mast and fair play to him. Kimmage & Co hedge their bets on everything & everybody and snipe from the sidelines.  I know which approach I respect more.
+1

Dinny Breen

The ironic thing is Kimmage is the one person who doesn't hedge his bets and lost his job plus has been sued numerous times. Walsh knows what side his bread is buttered on and is now obvious his pursuit of LA was personal and nothing to do with sporting justice or ethics. Walsh is a fraud.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

bennydorano

I'm struggling to think of anything cycling related he's positively vouched for since the Garmin team.