Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: Taylor on January 04, 2021, 11:49:57 AM
Quote from: marty34 on January 04, 2021, 11:45:33 AM
Problem is the comparsion from first lock-down - every family had different experiences.  I know work was laid out on a weekly basis, as a menu i.e. pupils could do it or they didn't have to.  It was a matter of choice (by their parents).  From what I heard, I know some did everything, some did a bit and others never even contacted their teachers to say they were still alive!!

Different reasons for that apparently, some parents wanted routine, others wanted to keep them ticking over while other could'nt have care less about the work.  Another issue was some families had only one computer in house and maybe 3 or 4 kids loiking to use it.  Every situation was different.

At the end of the day, it's up to the parents - they're the main educators in their kids' life.  Not too hard to print off a few sums and a comprehension every day as well as doing a bit of reading.

People always looking to blame somebody else. 

Spend some time with your kids instead of handing them a f'*king X-Box.

If households only have access to 1 computer I have my doubts they have a printer.

While you seem to be getting very defensive Marty, I can assure you work was not laid out on a weekly basis from my experience.

No doubt everywhere was different - Im not apportioning blame - Im telling you factually what happened in my experience

No, I understand Taylor.  Just from my experience.  I think every situation was different surely.  But during lockdown, and because of that situation, we were constantly told it was a menu - do as much as you can, or as little...or nothing.  There was no pressure on anybody because of the exceptional circumstances.  Secondary school pupils are different - and every school was different but their exams etc. are being cut away back this year so they could do a lot of studying now for the next few weeks.

JimStynes

Problem is the comparsion from first lock-down - every family had different experiences.  I know work was laid out on a weekly basis, as a menu i.e. pupils could do it or they didn't have to.  It was a matter of choice (by their parents).  From what I heard, I know some did everything, some did a bit and others never even contacted their teachers to say they were still alive!!

Different reasons for that apparently, some parents wanted routine, others wanted to keep them ticking over while other could'nt have care less about the work.  Another issue was some families had only one computer in house and maybe 3 or 4 kids loiking to use it.  Every situation was different.

At the end of the day, it's up to the parents - they're the main educators in their kids' life.  Not too hard to print off a few sums and a comprehension every day as well as doing a bit of reading.

If households only have access to 1 computer I have my doubts they have a printer.

While you seem to be getting very defensive Marty, I can assure you work was not laid out on a weekly basis from my experience.

No doubt everywhere was different - Im not apportioning blame - Im telling you factually what happened in my experience

I'd be going to the principal and if it isn't sorted then consider moving the children.

Taylor

Quote from: JimStynes on January 04, 2021, 12:02:18 PM

I'd be going to the principal and if it isn't sorted then consider moving the children.

Yes Jim - as mentioned in a previous quote I will be going to the principals if it doesnt improve this time round.

This happened at 3 different schools - very little work being sent to do at home by teachers.

No doubt it differs in other schools

marty34

Quote from: Itchy on January 04, 2021, 11:55:54 AM
Problem is the comparsion from first lock-down - every family had different experiences. I know work was laid out on a weekly basis, as a menu i.e. pupils could do it or they didn't have to.  It was a matter of choice (by their parents).  From what I heard, I know some did everything, some did a bit and others never even contacted their teachers to say they were still alive!!

You know f**k all lad if you think that bit in bold was done across the board. Cheap shot blaming parents for not educating their children and doing the teachers job for them, most parents are trying to work you know if they are lucky enough t o be able to do that from home. Your post sums up a lot of what is wrong in a section of todays teachers.

If it's not done across all schools, what do you want me to do.  It was done in my kids' school. 

If not, did you contact the school, teacher in class of if secondary school, the head or form class?  You hear people complaining after 6 weeks of no work...well, wee Tommy got no work this past fortnight.  Oh, did you contact the teacher/school?  Ah, no, couldn't do that.  Just went on the gaa forum and complained  on there.  Ah, great idea!!

By the way, parents are the main educators in a child's life - that's f€*king a fact.

Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2021, 11:19:03 AM
Quote from: Seaney on January 04, 2021, 10:48:29 AM
Sure they are doing no online teaching as it is and getting full paid.

Bit early for you to be on the glue

The copying is funny, you really are an imbecile, how's your fan club going for the intelligent one, you complete embarrassment.

Seaney

Quote from: laoislad on January 04, 2021, 11:28:34 AM
Quote from: Seaney on January 04, 2021, 10:48:29 AM
Sure they are doing no online teaching as it is and getting full paid.
Online teaching? Who? My older 2 who are in school haven't even any school books at home as they are all kept in the school!
No online teaching happening here, maybe in the north but I couldn't give a fiddlers about the North.

The Unions have the government by the balls, the well being of the kids doesn't come into it, it is pathetic, teaching I was always told was a vocation, maybe I misheard it as it appears to be one long vacation.

Seaney

Problem is the comparsion from first lock-down - every family had different experiences. I know work was laid out on a weekly basis, as a menu i.e. pupils could do it or they didn't have to.  It was a matter of choice (by their parents).  From what I heard, I know some did everything, some did a bit and others never even contacted their teachers to say they were still alive!!

You know f**k all lad if you think that bit in bold was done across the board. Cheap shot blaming parents for not educating their children and doing the teachers job for them, most parents are trying to work you know if they are lucky enough t o be able to do that from home. Your post sums up a lot of what is wrong in a section of todays teachers.

Nail on head, most parents have multiple kids at home in different years and this arsehole wants us to do a fulltime job and the teachers job also. 

Seaney

Where to Jim - all schools are closed, and as for trying to meet a teacher or speak to one.  ::)

Seaney

Quote from: marty34 on January 04, 2021, 12:14:01 PM

If it's not done across all schools, what do you want me to do.  It was done in my kids' school. 

If not, did you contact the school, teacher in class of if secondary school, the head or form class?  You hear people complaining after 6 weeks of no work...well, wee Tommy got no work this past fortnight.  Oh, did you contact the teacher/school?  Ah, no, couldn't do that.  Just went on the gaa forum and complained  on there.  Ah, great idea!!

By the way, parents are the main educators in a child's life - that's f€*king a fact.

Wind your neck in, teachers are uncontactable, do you teach wee Johnny maths, English, Irish, chemistry, biology, physics etc. etc., parents are not responsible for educating their kids, we pay taxes and these pay professionals to be trained to teach them, if they can't be arsed it is not the parents fault.

JimStynes

Quote from: Seaney on January 04, 2021, 12:42:47 PM

Where to Jim - all schools are closed, and as for trying to meet a teacher or speak to one.  ::)

No they're not. As far as I know we have children in on Thursday and I am back in from Wednesday. Sounds like the schools near you are useless. Where do you live?

Also, I've been contacting parents on class Dojo this morning to check their children's new passwords. A lot of parents have replied. I hadn't one single complaint throughout the whole of lockdown and I'd be pretty confident this next week will be the same.

trailer

If there is one group who have lost all respectability in this pandemic it's Teachers.

JimStynes

Quote from: trailer on January 04, 2021, 12:50:51 PM
If there is one group who have lost all respectability in this pandemic it's Teachers.

By a few disgruntled WUMs on the Gaaboard

Milltown Row2

Wife is currently doing the online stuff, just like she did the last time out.. I don't see the issue here, my own kid that's left in school is doing online stuff now..

If they were not given work I'd be at the school. She has exams this year so very important that its done
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Seaney on January 04, 2021, 12:44:57 PM
Quote from: marty34 on January 04, 2021, 12:14:01 PM

Wind your neck in, teachers are uncontactable, do you teach wee Johnny maths, English, Irish, chemistry, biology, physics etc. etc., parents are not responsible for educating their kids, we pay taxes and these pay professionals to be trained to teach them, if they can't be arsed it is not the parents fault.

Did you ring the school you muppet?

Did you email the school?

No, never thought of that. 

trailer

Quote from: JimStynes on January 04, 2021, 12:57:17 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 04, 2021, 12:50:51 PM

By a few disgruntled WUMs on the Gaaboard

Nevertheless an important demographic.