The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

That's that then, another poor result away in Europe.
As far as the group goes it's not really damaging at all as you'd still expect to qualify but a kick up the arse it is to lose.
Thought the peno was soft enough, Ronnie Whelan thought it was stonewall though.
One of those nights.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thebuzz

Ronnie is hard to listen to. Thought it was a very soft penalty myself.

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on September 17, 2019, 09:54:31 PM
As far as the group goes it's not really damaging at all as you'd still expect to qualify but a kick up the arse it is to lose.
Thought the peno was soft enough, Ronnie Whelan thought it was stonewall though.
One of those nights.

If you are going to lose, this was one to lose. We've been here before. Chelsea on the weekend more important.

Jez, Ronnie Whelan is a glass half empty co-commentator. Unlike Jim Beglin who is a glass half full! Much easier on the ear!

gawa316

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thebuzz

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 17, 2019, 10:07:44 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 17, 2019, 09:54:31 PM
One of those nights.

If you are going to lose, this was one to lose. We've been here before. Chelsea on the weekend more important.

Jez, Ronnie Whelan is a glass half empty co-commentator. Unlike Jim Beglin who is a glass half full! Much easier on the ear!

Yeah and he's really critical of the players - even when the make small mistakes.

Milltown Row2

The penalty didn't cost the game..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yewtree

Absolutely sick. Typical Italians diving cheat and get penalty.what is the point of VAR .Thought we had played well and hats off to Adrian another top class display. We go again.

Capt Pat

The peno was soft. Adrians save from Mertens was world class. The result doesn't do too much harm to our chances of qualifying.

north_antrim_hound

whats the point in VAR when it cant over turn a clear dive. liverpool poor away form in CL same as Red Star last year.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

supersub

I'm sure we'll get a few debatable decisions our way throughout the season. Don't lose too much sleep over it men.

GetOverTheBar

Andy Robertson has closed down his social media over abuse last night. Beggars belief.

J70

Quote from: supersub on September 18, 2019, 12:30:59 PM
I'm sure we'll get a few debatable decisions our way throughout the season. Don't lose too much sleep over it men.

Exactly.

Although, from an academic point of view, it was ridiculous that the penalty wasn't overturned on VAR review.

That dive was laughable! ;D

gawa316

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 18, 2019, 02:32:28 PM
Andy Robertson has closed down his social media over abuse last night. Beggars belief.

Tramps.

On the game, never nice to lose especially one through a dodgey pen but in the grand scheme of things we are going to lose games from time to time. I'd far rather lose this type of game, we're we can make it up, than say in the league, we're we've seen that losing one game can lose you the league.

Milltown Row2

I checked it again on the bbc website and it was a 2-0 defeat. So if you take the very soft penalty out, that's still a defeat.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea