The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Capt Pat

Quote from: laoislad on May 08, 2019, 10:08:00 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 08, 2019, 10:05:01 PM
f**k that... did not want Spurs! >:(

Fair play to them though, some second half.
Yeah would have preferred Ajax. Thought we would have picked them off on the counter.
Spurs though were excellent against us at Anfield and will probably have Kane back.

I think I prefer having Spurs. I am not saying it is going to be easy against Spurs but you never get an easy opponent in the champions league final. Spurs I think are as easy as it gets at this stage.

Ajax were the better team they just let it slip through their fingers.

gawa316

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 08, 2019, 11:50:58 PM

Yeah would have preferred Ajax. Thought we would have picked them off on the counter.
Spurs though were excellent against us at Anfield and will probably have Kane back.

I think I prefer having Spurs. I am not saying it is going to be easy against Spurs but you never get an easy opponent in the champions league final. Spurs I think are as easy as it gets at this stage.

If I was next week I'd agree with you a spurs (apart from the second half today) have been dead on their feet recently, injuries racking up etc. they will have over 3 weeks to get rest and have players returning from injury.

Insane Bolt

Set up nicely for Kane to appear in second half of final....and score winner...a penalty in dying minutes😎

highorlow

Quick question, is there any Irish players involved at all?

If this fixture was 10/15 years ago I'd say there would be at least 6 Irish lads involved.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

LooseCannon

Quote from: highorlow on May 09, 2019, 07:55:23 AM
Quick question, is there any Irish players involved at all?

If this fixture was 10/15 years ago I'd say there would be at least 6 Irish lads involved.

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher is Liverpool's third choice keeper. About as close as any of the Irish youth players to being in a squad.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 08, 2019, 11:50:58 PM

I don't know. It's difficult to beat a team 3 times in a season, and Tottenham are obviously very familiar with Liverpool's style. I think Ajax are technically better, but they are not as physically strong and I think Liverpool's approach would have rattled them. 

Jeepers Creepers

Spurs are not the team Liverpool would have wanted in the final. Know each other inside out. Will be a very cagey affair.

Armamike

50 50 game.  The league position will count for little in this game.  Both sides will know they can win it.  Wouldn't be surprised if it's a stalemate and then penalties. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

Geoff Tipps

Really didn't want Spurs. As others have said it's a 50-50 game.

BennyCake

Would be weird if Spurs won it. A club that hasn't won the league in what, 50 or 60 years? No FA Cup final appearances since 1991, and only two league cups in the trophy cabinet over the last 35 years.

naka

actually think Liverpool will have too much for them and last year will stand them in good stead
3-1 Liverpool
ajax were there for the taking in that they ran out of steam very early last night

TabClear

Final will be a toss up. Two evenly matched teams who will be well rested and probably at close to full strength if kane is back.

I was asked an interesting question today, would most Liverpool and City fans happily swap positions now i.e. Liverpool with the league in their own hands on the final day and City in the CL final. For me definitely. Great to be in the CL final but the league was always the priority, irrespective of how momentous the Barca match was. I suspect more than a few City fans would have the same view.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: BennyCake on May 09, 2019, 11:10:12 AM
Would be weird if Spurs won it. A club that hasn't won the league in what, 50 or 60 years? No FA Cup final appearances since 1991, and only two league cups in the trophy cabinet over the last 35 years.

agree, the whole point about being champions is its supposed to be difficult to win the champions league. Now any spanish, german or english team can qualify, get reasonable luck and win it underserved. The gah is going the same way, no room for shocks. Open draw and 2 legs from the start lol.