Sligo are the CONNAGHT CHAMPIONS 2007

Started by SLIGONIAN, July 09, 2007, 11:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 09, 2007, 01:23:53 PM
Croke park will lift us to levels unparralled before. 

If Tyrone make it that far, hopefully we won't get drawn against yas. Could be 2002 all over again ;)
Testing Accessibility

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 09, 2007, 01:19:34 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 09, 2007, 01:17:19 PM
For me,Theres no better sight in Gaelic Football than Eamon O Hara running with the ball at full speed.

He nearly ended up playing for Mayo a few years back it seems, how the feck did we let him get away.

What????????? Explanation please?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Fishead_Sam

I heard he nearly ended up playing for Knockmore.

MauriceMalpas

Sorry to piss in Sligo's cornflakes but while the game was, without doubt exciting the quality of football for a provinical final was shocking especially the 2nd half. Admittedly Sligo defended well and they may kick on from this but that cant hide the awful standard of football.

Orior

Congrats to all the Sligo posters here, old and new.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hardy

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 09, 2007, 01:02:14 PM
... we fear nobody now so we can win All Ireland. Our team is so fast so croke park will suit and plus we always play well there so I wont be suprised if we go all the way.

That's the stuff, Sligonian!

blast05

Sligonian, were you not out until all hours in the morning celebrating ? Surely then you should have pulled a sicky like all of your other county colleagues after waking up this morning and then head down to the local around midday and be guaranteed to have one of the best days you could ever have in a pub - crack would be ninety.
Leave work now i tell ye, get to the pub.
And, congrats to all Sligo lads and lassies on here ....

Armamike

Great to see Sligo winning. Really pleased for the county and their supporters - must have been some feeling at the final whistle. Hopefully the team will push on from here for the rest of the summer.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Hound

Are all the football quarter-finals guaranteed to be in Croke Park?

DUBSFORSAM1

If there is ever an arguement for keeping the provincial titles then watching the joy on the Sligo players/supporters faces surely makes the point very clearly....also great beneficiaries of the backdoor system....

Fishead_Sam

Just collected €50 thanks to Sligo, thought I would have got €40 from my €10 bet, but the extra €10 made it even a nicer surprise.

SLIGONIAN

In reply to maurce malpas..the intensity and pressure on Sligo in 2nd half and our free taking ensured scores would have to be nearly died for to score. It is very hard to describe or put into words what happened yday. The quality was obsorbed by the intensity and pressure. I think most football men would understand both teams are better than yday but occasion was huge.

In reply to blast- Im at home in SLIGO after the celebrations last night. But I must say Im one these people who can have fun without drink and I want to remember yday forever. Heading on the train to Dublin later and back at work tomorrow. Couldnt resist logging on, ;).

There is no doubt in Sligo we are back in croker and with Nicky Brennan there yday we will definitly be playing our qtr in croker.

Thanks to everyone on this site for yer goodwill messages especially the counties that we have shocked in the last few yrs. Thanks.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Fishead_Sam

Bogball XV

Delighted for ye lads - great to see - hopefully leitrim will take another one soon too!!

SuperMac

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 09, 2007, 02:35:48 PM
Just collected €50 thanks to Sligo, thought I would have got €40 from my €10 bet, but the extra €10 made it even a nicer surprise.

I had them at 7/2 with Paddy Power. Still, doesn't matter. Gas that none of the Sligo team were born the last time Sligo won it, I was a nipper at the time and my cousin was playing for Sligo and boy, DO I REMEMBER IT !!!! Congrats again, it's more than deserved, Sligeach Abu