CONNACHT MINOR FINAL - Ros Comáin v them lads

Started by Rossfan, July 03, 2007, 10:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross matt

The main reasons the decisions went our way is because he was so intent on pulling up for picking the rolling ball off the ground. Most refs would have let it go in the conditions that were in it. Galway were the biggest offenders in this regard. I did'nt really think he was that biased towards either side in terms of tacking etc. Just overally fussy in general. The sending off though definitely more than evened things up and as Rossie11 says Galway made excellent use of the extra man.

GaillimhIarthair

To be honest Corcoran is a poor enough referee.  Don't think I have ever seen him involved in what you would consider a free flowing game.  The teams were evenly enough matched until the sending off and deffo galway made excellent use of the extra man.  A place has to be found in that Galway minor team for John O'Brien (22).  He was superb when he came on and I'd reckon about 80% of Galways scores came thru him at some stage.  Ros are by no means finished yet.  Shine will be a different player with a few more weeks training under his belt.  He didn't contribute much from general play but in fairness he is one hell of a free taker for a guy so young.