What do we do now!!!!!

Started by Hereiam, July 31, 2023, 09:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

Quote from: JoG2 on October 08, 2023, 10:07:27 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 08, 2023, 12:21:39 PMI've said it before - the big increase in supporting a county team with no club affiliation is another step on the road to semi pro imo. If the disconnect between club & county increases it's only going one way. That probably wouldn't bother county only supporters.

I don't know anyone who follows county only

does the majority of gaa fans not just watch county games as must club games are behind paywalls and  not promoted,

JoG2

Quote from: Eire90 on October 08, 2023, 10:21:57 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 08, 2023, 12:21:39 PMI've said it before - the big increase in supporting a county team with no club affiliation is another step on the road to semi pro imo. If the disconnect between club & county increases it's only going one way. That probably wouldn't bother county only supporters.

does the majority of gaa fans not just watch county games as must club games are behind paywalls and  not promoted,

Not sure if this is a serious question. Do you not think the vast majority of 'gaa fans' are club players / club volunteers / club members etc?

RedHand88

I know plenty. Clubs can be very parochial by nature, and nepotism is rife. It puts alot of people off.

bennydorano

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 10, 2023, 08:29:41 PM

I know plenty. Clubs can be very parochial by nature, and nepotism is rife. It puts alot of people off.
Presumably some are parents, are their kids not involved in the GAA at underage?

LeoMc

Quote from: JoG2 on October 10, 2023, 08:26:44 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on October 08, 2023, 10:21:57 PM

Not sure if this is a serious question. Do you not think the vast majority of 'gaa fans' are club players / club volunteers / club members etc?
I assumed it was not a serious question with the talk of pay walls. The vast majority of club games are watched live where the only paywall is a biscuit tin on an old steel drum.

RedHand88

Quote from: bennydorano on October 10, 2023, 09:51:58 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on October 10, 2023, 08:29:41 PM

Presumably some are parents, are their kids not involved in the GAA at underage?

Not necessarily, I'd be talking ones with grown up children or no children at all.