What do we do now!!!!!

Started by Hereiam, July 31, 2023, 09:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 02, 2023, 12:26:41 PM
Quote from: rory on August 02, 2023, 11:08:23 AM
Surely it's time for the annual "How the f@#k do the Kerry Championships work" discussion

;D

Gave up on that years ago  ;D

square_ball

Quote from: rory on August 02, 2023, 11:08:23 AM
Surely it's time for the annual "How the f@#k do the Kerry Championships work" discussion

Or is the Tyrone championship the best in Ireland? I can't wait for that one.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 01, 2023, 06:44:17 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 31, 2023, 01:02:20 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on July 31, 2023, 12:50:36 PM
Armagh championship draw on Wednesday. My club just won division 1A for the first time. I'm looking forward to the championship

Favourites for the championship now I assume....

Don't you start with this..... haha

Night follows day.....I make some other team favourites to win the championship....the inevitability of it!!!!

Draw tonight I believe,  hopefully we will get a handy draw to get momentum,  don't really play well till sniff of a final...

bennydorano

If Cross and Clann Eireann avoid each other in the knockout draw stages they'll meet in the final, nothing more certain. CE very impressive in swotting aside Madden in that final league game Friday night.

Seemed to be a noticeable change in approach from Cross in the league, setting up more defensively & looking structured, when I watched Cross v us in Abbey I thought there's a team thinking about a style of play for the Ulster club.

lurganblue

Quote from: bennydorano on August 02, 2023, 02:34:39 PM
If Cross and Clann Eireann avoid each other in the knockout draw stages they'll meet in the final, nothing more certain. CE very impressive in swotting aside Madden in that final league game Friday night.

Seemed to be a noticeable change in approach from Cross in the league, setting up more defensively & looking structured, when I watched Cross v us in Abbey I thought there's a team thinking about a style of play for the Ulster club.

I didnt see much in 1b that will challenge anyway.  Silverbridge maybe.

lurganblue

In terms of what do we do now... yes certainly excited for the upcoming senior championship fixtures plus i'll be watching a right few of our underage championship games.  Plenty of good football ahead.  Lets hope the weather improves.

Senior draw tonight and I wouldn't mind a local aspect to our group for a bit of a buzz.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

Half time scores Ros SFC
Boyle 0-6
Ros Gaels 6-2 !!!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Brendan

No activity on any thread the last few days except the "slag the ref" one so there's you're answer what to do over the winter

Wildweasel74

Don't worry the soccer start soon

LeoMc

Quote from: Brendan on August 07, 2023, 10:23:48 AM
No activity on any thread the last few days except the "slag the ref" one so there's you're answer what to do over the winter
Did you look on the club threads?

Brendan

Quote from: LeoMc on August 07, 2023, 12:52:40 PM
Quote from: Brendan on August 07, 2023, 10:23:48 AM
Did you look on the club threads?

True the Derry thread has been more active than ever since I joined these boards!

mad tan

In my County the League is over and most Clubs have 3 Championship games played with 2 to play and at least one knock out after that. While it looks very good on paper ordinary club players  get 10/12 League games [4 without their county players] and between 6/8 Championship games. They play 2 League games a week one Wednesday one at the week end.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mad tan on August 14, 2023, 03:36:20 PM
In my County the League is over and most Clubs have 3 Championship games played with 2 to play and at least one knock out after that. While it looks very good on paper ordinary club players  get 10/12 League games [4 without their county players] and between 6/8 Championship games. They play 2 League games a week one Wednesday one at the week end.

No winter games? no challenge games throughout the year? no divisional games?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 31, 2023, 01:56:40 PM
Club snobs are nearly as bad as hurling snobs! Plenty of legitimate reasons why someone doesn't follow a club.
By its nature club championships are less intense in terms of games and media attention than the intercounty  game.
From April to July the inter county championship is always on. It is difficult to adjust to a lower level of noise when the club is in Divison 1B.
Having said that it is hard to beat a competitive club match played at full tilt as autumn goes into production. The buzz of expectation and the cold and the reaction of the crowd to the skill on display and home in the dark.