What do we do now!!!!!

Started by Hereiam, July 31, 2023, 09:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

So that's a wrap for the 2023 County football season, what the hell are we suppose to do now?

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

brokencrossbar1

Roll on the club stuff....it will pick up pace over next few weeks as the various championships get going!

straightred

The women are playing Nigeria and day 5 of the 5th Ashes test is on. That's my day sorted

Snapchap

Quote from: Hereiam on July 31, 2023, 09:19:36 AM
So that's a wrap for the 2023 County football season, what the hell are we suppose to do now?

Don't you have a club?

Rossfan

Depends on who "we" are!
If we're dyed in the wool pure "Gales" well be immersed in Club activities.
If we're just County team supporters ( other than D or KY) our seasons ended weeks ago.
If we're all sports followers who only get into "Gah" for the height of the season we'll have loads of soccer, rugby, golf etc to follow from th'oul armchair.
If we're none of the above life will continue as  usual.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dunsilly King

are you one of those people who follow your county but hasn't got an arses clue about what the game is truely about. Club now has centre stage for the next four months

tonto1888

Armagh championship draw on Wednesday. My club just won division 1A for the first time. I'm looking forward to the championship

Orior

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 31, 2023, 12:50:36 PM
Armagh championship draw on Wednesday. My club just won division 1A for the first time. I'm looking forward to the championship

The club league has just ended in Armagh.

Might be very few games left for some teams.

PS. Congrats Tonto!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 31, 2023, 12:50:36 PM

Favourites for the championship now I assume....

RedHand88

Club snobs are nearly as bad as hurling snobs! Plenty of legitimate reasons why someone doesn't follow a club.

yellowcard

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 31, 2023, 01:56:40 PM
Club snobs are nearly as bad as hurling snobs! Plenty of legitimate reasons why someone doesn't follow a club.

So someone following the game at grass roots level is now labelled as a snob. That's a bit of an irony, I would have thought that would apply to the lads following the big time stuff.

RedHand88

Quote from: yellowcard on July 31, 2023, 02:10:11 PM

So someone following the game at grass roots level is now labelled as a snob. That's a bit of an irony, I would have thought that would apply to the lads following the big time stuff.

Not at all. I follow both myself. It's the ones who take swipes at those who don't follow club football I'm talking about. See below.

"are you one of those people who follow your county but hasn't got an arses clue about what the game is truely about."

Eire90

i think club more enjoyable as its less predictable and maybe harder to win the club all ireland than intercounty but maybe these superclubs are making club championships predictable too. rte should be promoting club game more maybe showing 3 games over the weekend would be good idea could have some friday night games on too.

markl121

Quote from: yellowcard on July 31, 2023, 02:10:11 PM

I go to the odd club game but don't follow or care to follow my own club really as the club treasurer sat in our house one night over drink telling us how hard he tried to fix the club lotto because some young girl who wasn't from one of the traditional gaa families in the town won it