Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2018, 09:37:43 PM
Pogba has been shite, he needs to go, seems to me he's annoyed at someone getting more money than him

Your wee boy Sanchez has been shit too!

David McKeown

Quote from: Therealdonald on March 13, 2018, 09:28:34 PM
I'm nowhere near Jose's biggest fan...but how exactly is this his fault? The players performance has been absolutely stinking.

Quite simply his cowardice over two legs has put Utd out.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

imtommygunn

Matic used to be good too. Looked really poor.

Square Ball

Game has moved on and Jose hasnt. I can take a beating when Utd give their all, but a limp performance like that is unforgivable.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

stiffler

Jeez all the Jose fans must be seriously red faced now.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

thewobbler

Quote from: Square Ball on March 13, 2018, 09:50:32 PM
Game has moved on and Jose hasnt. I can take a beating when Utd give their all, but a limp performance like that is unforgivable.

Game hasn't moved on at all.

Problem is that if you keep repeating the same trick, everyone can see it coming.

Therealdonald

So everyone is saying that Professional athletes aren't responsible 1 bit for tonight? Is it maybe a case of Jose is asking too much of them? Suddenly a two-time champions league winner knows nothing about football. Get a grip men. His gameplan can't be carried out by the donkeys he has surrounding him.

gallsman

Penny for magpie Seanie's thoughts...

Bord na Mona man

0-0 in an away first leg always tees it up dangerously. The longer the home leg goes on and stays scoreless, the more inhibited a team will become. By the hour mark this evening Utd, could no longer attack with any purpose because of the risk. Not that there was much effective attacking play before that.

The decision to start a rusty Fellaini looks poor, especially as there was never an aerial assault in the gamplan.
Also, Sanchez shouldn't start crucial games like this until he has properly bedded in.

After tonight, I think Mourinho has another 12 months in the job where he'll be expected to either atone for the poor showing, or else ship out.

Syferus

Quote from: Therealdonald on March 13, 2018, 10:02:42 PM
So everyone is saying that Professional athletes aren't responsible 1 bit for tonight? Is it maybe a case of Jose is asking too much of them? Suddenly a two-time champions league winner knows nothing about football. Get a grip men. His gameplan can't be carried out by the donkeys he has surrounding him.

He has some of the most expensive footballers in the world in that team, many of whom were scoring freely at their previous clubs. Donkeys my arse.

thewobbler

Sanchez
Lukaku
Matic
Lindelof
Pogba
Bailly
Ibrahimovic
Myhkitarian

How many £100m does a man have to spend to get the team he "needs" to play his game plan?

clarshack

you'd think that UTD were beaten by some diddy team from the Faroe Islands ffs.
Sevilla are currently 5th in one of the best leagues in the world if not the best.
they're also now unbeaten in 4 games against English opposition this season.
give some credit to Sevilla ffs. even just now scholes is still calling sevilla a poor team.

Therealdonald

Quote from: thewobbler on March 13, 2018, 10:08:01 PM

Sanchez
Lukaku
Matic
Lindelof
Pogba
Bailly
Ibrahimovic
Myhkitarian

How many £100m does a man have to spend to get the team he "needs" to play his game plan?

But this is the point I'm making. So he's spending 100's of millions on players to win competitions he has won before??? So he knows how to do it...but the players are blameless?

Cunny Funt

Jose started with the wrong team and tactics used especially in that 1st half was bizarre. Few if any of the players performed on the night it was one big mess from United. Credit where credit is due to Sevilla over the two legs they fully deserved to go through. The quarters finals was always as far as I could see United going this year and on the evidence of tonight at least they have now avoided a trimming from one of the better sides in this competition.