NFL Division 1

Started by macdanger2, January 26, 2016, 10:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

I was thinking it must be league because we have a fairly decent championship record in our home patch . five losses only in  last thirty years I make it off top of my head , could be forgetting though old age and all that.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on March 20, 2017, 09:05:11 PM
Did Mayo find any new scoring forwards so far this year ?

Did ye find any defenders? We'll do a swap?

Owenmoresider

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 20, 2017, 07:34:04 PM
Just checked there. Mayo's recent McHale Park record is awful!

Looking at 2015/2016/2017

Mayo have played 10 games at home

We have won three - Monaghan (15), Down (16) and Roscommon (17)

We have lost 6 and drawn 1.

On the road during that period is Played 9 Won 5 Lost 4.
Why not try the odd home game in Ballina and see if it improves? Might get a better atmosphere from the local support than in the white elephant.

moysider

You're still beating that oul drum Seafóid. Do you watch any of these games? We've scoring forwards like most I would expect but the teams we play against don't let forwards ponce about on the ball. The game has evolved, like it or not.

seafoid

Quote from: moysider on March 21, 2017, 12:32:58 AM

You're still beating that oul drum Seafóid. Do you watch any of these games? We've scoring forwards like most I would expect but the teams we play against don't let forwards ponce about on the ball. The game has evolved, like it or not.

That has been Mayo''s problem all along, Moysider. If ye have found someone , great.

Il Bomber Destro

Div 1 all set up nicely now.

Dublin should be fine so it looks like it will be Donegal, Tyrone and Monaghan fighting it out for 2nd with Kerry also in with a shout.

If the league is anything to go by then it bodes well for the year in a competitive sense. I was expecting sides like Monaghan and Donegal to flounder this year as they said farewell to a few players but they seem to have improved from last year, Donegal in particular. McCarron looks like he could be the guy to take the pressure off McManus for Monaghan.

Kerry have been using a lot of new players this year so it will be interesting to see what they look like and how they go during the summer as they haven't really had their full selection available yet.

Dublin also have been giving a good few players extended runs this year like McHugh, Scully and Lowndes who look to have equipped themselves well.

Mayo will be a little worried about things but they've never exactly been flying in the league in the past few years.

Tyrone have been inconsistent up to now but I always feel we're a summer football side and winter football is never to our liking.

clarshack

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 21, 2017, 08:59:36 AM

Dublin should be fine so it looks like it will be Donegal, Tyrone and Monaghan fighting it out for 2nd with Kerry also in with a shout.

will very likely be a Dublin v Donegal league final now.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: clarshack on March 21, 2017, 09:50:09 AM

I wouldn't be so sure.

Donegal could have a lot of their squad in action with the u21s from now until then.

They also have Mayo and Monaghan left. If Tyrone beat Mayo next week then Mayo will need a win to be safe.

Does it come down to scoring difference or head to head as I think there will likely be teams tied on points at the end.

oliverkelly

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 21, 2017, 10:01:40 AM

I wouldn't be so sure.

Donegal could have a lot of their squad in action with the u21s from now until then.

They also have Mayo and Monaghan left. If Tyrone beat Mayo next week then Mayo will need a win to be safe.

Does it come down to scoring difference or head to head as I think there will likely be teams tied on points at the end.

Head to head if its just two teams on same points. Scoring difference for 3 of more

clarshack

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 21, 2017, 10:01:40 AM

I wouldn't be so sure.

Can't see us getting anything in Killarney in the last game, so for us to make the league final we would need to beat Mayo, and for Donegal and Monaghan to draw on Sunday. then we would need both Donegal and Monaghan to lose against Mayo and Dublin respectively.

Another scenario - Tyrone beat Mayo and lose to Kerry, Monaghan beat Donegal and lose to Dublin, Donegal beat Mayo. This would leave Tyrone, Donegal and Monaghan all on 9 points with scoring difference coming into the equation. To go through this route Tyrone would probably need to beat Mayo well and take a narrow defeat in Killarney. All the missed goal chances against Monaghan could come back to haunt us.

J70

Final schminal.

Does anyone care? Come the summer, it will still be Dublin and then the rest.

And, honestly, on the off chance that Dublin don't make the final, do Donegal, Tyrone and Monaghan really want to play each other in a league final?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: J70 on March 21, 2017, 01:38:38 PM
Final schminal.

And, honestly, on the off chance that Dublin don't make the final, do Donegal, Tyrone and Monaghan really want to play each other in a league final?

I think teams do care, obviously it's all secondary to the All Ireland but Dublin have 3 of the last 4 All Ireland's and all of the last 4 league titles so you could say Dublin care and the fact is that Donegal's victory against Dublin in 2014 remains the only knockout game across league and Championship that Jim Gavin has lost and he's now in to his 5th year in the job.

I think whoever is in the final will be going all out with their strongest team to win it.

Hound

Final schminal.

I'd say Tyrone would like another go at the Dubs in the NFL final.

You'd think Dublin would handle Roscommon very easily this weekend, based on logic. But I have a little uneasy feeling about it with the papers talking so much about the record. The Rossies probably should have beaten us last year, although they seem to have regressed since then.

If we do beat the Rossies, I think Monaghan would be a good bet to beat us in the last round of league games.

Syferus

Quote from: Hound on March 22, 2017, 09:06:10 AM
Final schminal.

You'd think Dublin would handle Roscommon very easily this weekend, based on logic. But I have a little uneasy feeling about it with the papers talking so much about the record. The Rossies probably should have beaten us last year, although they seem to have regressed since then.

If we do beat the Rossies, I think Monaghan would be a good bet to beat us in the last round of league games.

Any team that wants another go at Dublin is deluded.

Hound

Quote from: Syferus on March 22, 2017, 09:12:31 AM
Quote from: Hound on March 22, 2017, 09:06:10 AM
Final schminal.

Any team that wants another go at Dublin is deluded.
Memory is not what it used to be, so maybe the Tyrone lads will correct me, but I think Dublin's last four matches v Tyrone have been 2 one point victories and 2 draws.