Premier League 2021-22

Started by Boycey, July 12, 2021, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

BREAKING:

Chelsea football club.

yellowcard

Just in case anyone was left in any doubt about Abramovic's close links to the Kremlin regime and how he procured a large part of his wealth then the sanction should prove otherwise. It took a war to expose this but English football has facilitated unscrupulous owners and sportswashing for too long now. Chelsea have benefited for almost 20 years from the Abramovic sports washing project but there are countless other clubs used in the same manner. Cue yet more hypocrisy from fans of English club teams in the name of football tribalism.   

rodney trotter

UK Govt claims Roman Abramovich "is or has been involved in destabilising Ukraine...via Evraz PLC, a steel manufacturing and mining company...over which Abramovich exercises effective control". Govt claims potential links between Evraz "and supplying steel to the Russian military".

brokencrossbar1

The sanctions against Abramovich are gonna bust Chelsea. Can see a situation where contracts are torn up at the end of the season and all players can move. They could be gone as a PL team by next season,  they are effectively liquidated.

RedHand88

Singing Abramovichs name during an minutes applause for Ukrainian victims doesn't seem so clever now, does it?

johnnycool

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 10, 2022, 10:15:56 AM
The sanctions against Abramovich are gonna bust Chelsea. Can see a situation where contracts are torn up at the end of the season and all players can move. They could be gone as a PL team by next season,  they are effectively liquidated.

Did he not recently put ownership of the club in a trust, so officially he doesn't still own it, but we all know better than that!

Armamike

Whether it's in a trust or not, according to the news it means there's no transfers allowed into Chelsea and no more income generation allowed. So effectively they're in limbo.  Can he actually sell the club while assets are frozen? If it is sold, where does the money go to because Roman can't get his hands on it.  Good riddance anyway.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Jeepers Creepers

Reading there its only to the 31st of May whilst they fund a buyer. No transfer window in between? So only non season holder ticket sales and merchandise affected? I'm sure there's a bit more to it but I'm sure the Tories have him well covered.

NAG1

Quote from: johnnycool on March 10, 2022, 10:37:45 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 10, 2022, 10:15:56 AM

Did he not recently put ownership of the club in a trust, so officially he doesn't still own it, but we all know better than that!

Ownership was never transferred, he offered the 'stewardship' of the club to the trustees. Two different things a last minute attempt to get out from below it with some cash from the imminent sale.

This action scuppers this as far as i can see.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 10, 2022, 10:18:25 AM
Singing Abramovichs name during an minutes applause for Ukrainian victims doesn't seem so clever now, does it?
Those supporters are not known to be the smartest.

Chelsea have benefitted from Abramovich's ill-gotten gains for many years,  some sort of reckoning was always possible while the club was owned by such a dubious individual. Will anything in the foreseeable be done about Manchester City, Newcastle ownership? Whom brazenly trying to "sportswash" their country's "deeply tarnished image" by pouring money into the Premier League, the English government should never have ignored that.

Armagh18

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 10, 2022, 11:53:48 AM
Those supporters are not known to be the smartest.

Chelsea have benefitted from Abramovich's ill-gotten gains for many years,  some sort of reckoning was always possible while the club was owned by such a dubious individual. Will anything in the foreseeable be done about Manchester City, Newcastle ownership? Whom brazenly trying to "sportswash" their country's "deeply tarnished image" by pouring money into the Premier League, the English government should never have ignored that.
City and Newcastle's owners don't piss off the Americans and only kill/exploit brown people so it's all good......

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on March 10, 2022, 11:22:47 AM
Reading there its only to the 31st of May whilst they fund a buyer. No transfer window in between? So only non season holder ticket sales and merchandise affected? I'm sure there's a bit more to it but I'm sure the Tories have him well covered.

I'll be very surprised if a buyer isn't found before then although looking at those who are apparently interested they won't run the club like Roman has done, I'd say their golden period is finished.

J70

Drunken men in a large group seem to collectively adopt the lowest IQ of the members of the group.

mrdeeds

Couldn't have happened to a nicer fanbase.

Walter Cronc

As a gooner I'm delighted. A horrible club and rotten fans!