Premier League 2021-22

Started by Boycey, July 12, 2021, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 07, 2021, 06:54:39 PM
Manchester Citys sugar daddy arrived September 2008,  first Premier league title won under those owners was in 2012. If history repeats itself Newcastles should win the Premier league in 2025.

And Since 2008 Man City have won

5 Premier Leagues
2 FA Cups
6 League Cups

Captain Obvious

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 07, 2021, 07:32:39 PM
Manchester Citys sugar daddy arrived September 2008,  first Premier league title won under those owners was in 2012. If history repeats itself Newcastles should win the Premier league in 2025.

5 Premier Leagues
2 FA Cups
6 League Cups

Newcastle deserve to be top of the Premier league but it will take time to get there.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1446178879928950785

Loads of money to get there she means. Speaking of money I'd wonder how much that face cost?

Mike Tyson

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 07, 2021, 08:07:05 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 07, 2021, 07:32:39 PM

5 Premier Leagues
2 FA Cups
6 League Cups

Newcastle deserve to be top of the Premier league but it will take time to get there.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1446178879928950785

Loads of money to get there she means. Speaking of money I'd wonder how much that face cost?

Why?

Edit: Apologies, seems her statement not yours.

Armagh18

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 07, 2021, 06:04:16 PM
Money or no money I don't know if NUFC will really be the success people suspect they will. They are currently a mid to lower division team, they are going to have to basically buy a new team. Saint Maximan is the only player who any of the top 4-5 clubs would take. They have no Gaza's coming through and they have no history of success. The fans are fanatics but deluded. LFC, Man U, City end Chelsea are still going to be getting the top players as they are basically nailed on for CL for the next few seasons. LFC and United have the history, Chelsea and City the money and location. Does anyone really see the likes of Haaland moving to Newcastle no matter how much he's paid? 

It's fanciful to think they will really shake things up. It will take them 4-5 seasons to rebuild and the likes of the Saudis may not be patient for that. They may get a cup run or push for Europe but I can't see them breaking through anytime soon
Sure look at the state of City pre 2008. Give Newcastle 10 years, maybe even less with the amount of money they'll throw at it and they'll be a contender for everything.

lurganblue

Lets se what type of investment actually materialises. I know initially it might be a tough sell to get some big superstars to come to Newcastle but money does talk.  If there is the prospect of success, european football, and lots of cash then players will come.

Bruce will have to go and i suspect that will happen before January.  A big name with some pulling power is needed.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: lurganblue on October 08, 2021, 10:55:44 AM
Lets se what type of investment actually materialises. I know initially it might be a tough sell to get some big superstars to come to Newcastle but money does talk.  If there is the prospect of success, european football, and lots of cash then players will come.

Bruce will have to go and i suspect that will happen before January.  A big name with some pulling power is needed.

What big name manager?  Just putting it out there,  maybe Conte, but who else at the top end of management is likely to be available?

Armagh18

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 08, 2021, 11:21:40 AM

What big name manager?  Just putting it out there,  maybe Conte, but who else at the top end of management is likely to be available?
Zidane. That snake Pep would go for the right money too I'd say

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 08, 2021, 11:30:40 AM

Zidane. That snake Pep would go for the right money too I'd say

Zizou on the Tyne....imagine it!

bigarsedkeeper

They might get Conte but there's a chance they have to get close to the top table first before they land one of the big names. As in get a champions league place first. Bruce will be gone before the international window closes imho

rodney trotter

Conte probably would be interested,he left Inter because they were cutting the spending and turned down Tottenham because they wouldn't guarantee a big Spending spree.

Louther

What best sums up modern football is that the Saudis didn't suddenly pass some due diligence and got the ok. But another Middle Eastern state, Qatar, and their media arm BeIN sports resolved their issue with Saudi state over privacy of premier league games in the region and they withdrew their opposition lobby on the premier league who then rushed through their approval to the take over deal.

Money talks as well we all know.

sid waddell

Sunderland should rename the Stadium Of Light "The Jamal Khashoggi Stadium" just to troll Newcastle and the Saudis.

nrico2006

Newcastle will be at the top in 5/6 years.  It will start with your typical big name mercenary footballlers, like Coutinho etc.  Doesn't matter about their squad right now, it will be replaced no bother.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sid waddell on October 08, 2021, 08:25:33 PM
Sunderland should rename the Stadium Of Light "The Jamal Khashoggi Stadium" just to troll Newcastle and the Saudis.

Seriously? Trolling using an assassinated journalist ? Christ the night
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SHEEDY

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 08, 2021, 08:27:18 PM
Newcastle will be at the top in 5/6 years.  It will start with your typical big name mercenary footballlers, like Coutinho etc.  Doesn't matter about their squad right now, it will be replaced no bother.
hopefully they get relegated this year, can build in the championship 😛
nil satis nisi optimum