Joe Duffy - Liveline

Started by From the Bunker, February 08, 2021, 06:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Thastheball on October 08, 2021, 11:52:30 AM
This is my worry lads, regardless of you looking down your nose at people like me who are not anti vac

https://nomoresilence.world/pfizer-biontech/arooj-imtiaz-lughmani-pfizer-severe-adverse-reaction/

These cases are extremely rare. People will have reactions to all kinds of medication TTB

Snapchap

You won't get a jab because you read an article about someone who took a reaction after the jab? Are you for real?
I assume you've never had any vaccines then?

trueblue1234

Quote from: Thastheball on October 08, 2021, 11:52:30 AM
This is my worry lads, regardless of you looking down your nose at people like me who are not anti vac

https://nomoresilence.world/pfizer-biontech/arooj-imtiaz-lughmani-pfizer-severe-adverse-reaction/

But the list of people who were anti vaxx who caught Covid and died doesn't register? Why?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

DuffleKing

Quote from: armaghniac on October 08, 2021, 02:04:13 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on October 07, 2021, 03:13:01 PM

People seem incapable of understanding that the vaccine neither prevents you from contracting the virus nor prevents you from transmitting the virus.

People seem to pretend that this somehow makes the vaccine less useful when it's contribution is to reduce the transmission of the virus.

Seatbelts do not prevent you getting killed in a road accident, but they are still compulsory.

Transmission suppression has never been a reason for vaccination. There is also no research to bare that out. I am fully vaccinated to minimise the potential impact if I contract covid but I don't see how this is an obligation for anyone.

JoG2

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 08, 2021, 05:56:00 PM

People seem incapable of understanding that the vaccine neither prevents you from contracting the virus nor prevents you from transmitting the virus.

People seem to pretend that this somehow makes the vaccine less useful when it's contribution is to reduce the transmission of the virus.

Seatbelts do not prevent you getting killed in a road accident, but they are still compulsory.

Transmission suppression has never been a reason for vaccination. There is also no research to bare that out. I am fully vaccinated to minimise the potential impact if I contract covid but I don't see how this is an obligation for anyone.

This is why most folk have it, they are looking out for their family, friends, community, health service.Those who choose not too are looking out for themselves and themselves alone. They literally could not be anymore selfish.

From the Bunker

Quote from: JoG2 on October 08, 2021, 06:23:15 PM

This is why most folk have it, they are looking out for their family, friends, community, health service.Those who choose not too are looking out for themselves and themselves alone. They literally could not be anymore selfish.

Most people I know did so to primarily protect themselves. The Vaccine was sold as a protection against the virus and a minimisation of the effect if contracted. After that there was a array of reasons - including people wanting to return to normality, people want to protect vulnerable people in their lives,  People feeling under pressure to conform, guilt trips and people who just did not question anything.

Snapchap

The vaccine DOES reduce transmissibility and Oxford University have just carried out the research showing the extent to which it reduces transmissibility. The Pfizer jab reduces transmissibility by around 65%.

To not get vaccinated is stupid, arrogant and selfish.

sid waddell

Transmission suppression has never been a reason for vaccination.
Wha?

DuffleKing

Quote from: sid waddell on October 08, 2021, 08:07:36 PM
Wha?

If you believe otherwise you might produce the evidence. The vaccine minimizes symptoms, stops people getting really sick and in turn reduces the pressure on health services. Anything else is wishful thinking and propaganda.

Snapchap

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 09, 2021, 09:57:01 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 08, 2021, 08:07:36 PM
Wha?

If you believe otherwise you might produce the evidence. The vaccine minimizes symptoms, stops people getting really sick and in turn reduces the pressure on health services. Anything else is wishful thinking and propaganda.

It also reduces the rate of transmissibility. That is not a matter of opinion or "wishful thinking". It has been scientifically proven to be the case. The Pfizer jab reduces transmissibility by 65%. AZ jab by 35%.

Again, that isn't wishful thinking, it's proven fact. So to suggest otherwise is to spread dangerous misinformation. And to know that the jab reduces transmissibility and still not get it is a deeply arrogant, selfish decision to make.

Tres Bien

The issue here is one of totalitarianism.

Robinson has had Covid twice, he's a fit and healthy young man, it hasn't caused him any great effect.

The data on Covid is freely available. In the north, there's been 13 deaths of u40s in around 150k positive cases, the likelihood is those 13 who died probably had underlying health conditions like obesity or something else. Anyone with an underlying health condition or in an at risk category should be encouraged to get a vaccine as the benefits outweigh the positives. But trying to coerce, shame, force a fit and healthy u40 into getting a vaccine that has fairly negligible benefits for them is crazy, it's disgusting.

I listened to the interview with Robinson, he was articulate, calm and measured in his response. He seems to have looked at the data and decided the vaccine doesn't really offer him anything, he's had experience of Covid, it hasn't caused him any major bother. Top athletes across all sports are pretty hesitant toward it, they are fit and healthy young men and women so they don't really need the vaccine.

The greatest irony is that the vaccine fascists are the ones who seemingly have little faith in the effectiveness of the vaccine as surely it should only be the vulnerable who need vaccinated? They are happy to misrepresent someone like Robinson as an anti-vaxxer, he's nothing of the sort - he is happy for people to get the vaccine if he wants, he hasn't advised anyone not to, he's just made his own person choice on the issue with regard to his own health and we have some really nasty commentary from hacks with no scientific background or medial background trying to portray a very wrong and unfair image of him.

Joe Duffy is a prime example of this, he really is a sewer rat of a man. His comments were quite spiteful and nasty, wholly unprofessional and on a subject he doesn't have the foggiest idea about, not that it stopped him trying to initiate a pile on on young Robinson. This let us not forget is an RTE employee on the guts of 400k a year with no discernible talent, who was gaming the tax system by being subcontracted so he could cut his tax exposure, who was recently the subject of a defamation case due to comments he made on the airwaves which was settled for a 6 figure sum. A six figure sum that the taxpayer foots the bill for, not fat Joe Duffy. Now I don't know about you guys but if I cost my employer a 6 figure sum, I'd likely be sacked. But what happens Joe Duffy, er nothing.

That's RTE folks, insidious corporation.

Rudi

Quote from: Tres Bien on October 09, 2021, 10:38:34 AM

Robinson has had Covid twice, he's a fit and healthy young man, it hasn't caused him any great effect.

The data on Covid is freely available. In the north, there's been 13 deaths of u40s in around 150k positive cases, the likelihood is those 13 who died probably had underlying health conditions like obesity or something else. Anyone with an underlying health condition or in an at risk category should be encouraged to get a vaccine as the benefits outweigh the positives. But trying to coerce, shame, force a fit and healthy u40 into getting a vaccine that has fairly negligible benefits for them is crazy, it's disgusting.

I listened to the interview with Robinson, he was articulate, calm and measured in his response. He seems to have looked at the data and decided the vaccine doesn't really offer him anything, he's had experience of Covid, it hasn't caused him any major bother. Top athletes across all sports are pretty hesitant toward it, they are fit and healthy young men and women so they don't really need the vaccine.

The greatest irony is that the vaccine fascists are the ones who seemingly have little faith in the effectiveness of the vaccine as surely it should only be the vulnerable who need vaccinated? They are happy to misrepresent someone like Robinson as an anti-vaxxer, he's nothing of the sort - he is happy for people to get the vaccine if he wants, he hasn't advised anyone not to, he's just made his own person choice on the issue with regard to his own health and we have some really nasty commentary from hacks with no scientific background or medial background trying to portray a very wrong and unfair image of him.

Joe Duffy is a prime example of this, he really is a sewer rat of a man. His comments were quite spiteful and nasty, wholly unprofessional and on a subject he doesn't have the foggiest idea about, not that it stopped him trying to initiate a pile on on young Robinson. This let us not forget is an RTE employee on the guts of 400k a year with no discernible talent, who was gaming the tax system by being subcontracted so he could cut his tax exposure, who was recently the subject of a defamation case due to comments he made on the airwaves which was settled for a 6 figure sum. A six figure sum that the taxpayer foots the bill for, not fat Joe Duffy. Now I don't know about you guys but if I cost my employer a 6 figure sum, I'd likely be sacked. But what happens Joe Duffy, er nothing.

Super post & selfish for not getting the vaccine, Jaysus wept.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Tres Bien on October 09, 2021, 10:38:34 AM

Super post!

Thumbs up!

PadraicHenryPearse

I think it is selfish. However, I have absolutely no gra for Duffy.  I was the subject of part of one of his shows a good few years ago after dealing with a customer where I worked. It wasn't him but his stand in, he tried to put words in the callers mouth to sensationalise an issue he had, lucky the caller was a decent lad and wasn't having any of it and just wanted to air his actual issue.

Tres Bien

We're all selfish though.

We all do things on a daily basis that are solely in our own benefits. We could choose to walk by a homeless person on the street, ignore them and walk into a pub or restaurant or shop and go and treat ourselves. That's selfish, we might justify it by saying it's our money, but it's Callum Robinson's body, it's his sports career, it's his hard work and dedication that have got him to where he is so that's probably why he looks out for and he's no more selfish about it than you or I am. It's also selfish for you to demand someone do something against their will, that is of negligible benefit to them so that it sates yours and others views.

But staying on point, fully agree on Duffy. He has neither talent or decent human qualities, he is indicative of his employers.