Players you love to hate (but are not really bad lads).

Started by From the Bunker, February 13, 2016, 12:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

There are a lot of players out there who are not really bad guys, but get up your nose. For some reason, you just don't like them.
Kerry's James O'Donoghue! Really annoys me. Hate the smirk on his face. Donnacha Walsh another.

(This is not an anti Kerry Rant!)

6th sam

Quote from: Syferus on February 13, 2016, 12:35:27 PM
Padraig Joyce.

Without taking this too seriously, I think it's a sad indignment of the modern game, that the 1st two players mentioned as "hate figures" are two flare forwards who are/were a delight to watch, rather than some of the cynical sledgers  with limited ability that we've witnessed over the years .
James' crime against football apparently is to smile when he scored a wonder point/goal , hateful habit alright!!

brokencrossbar1

OgraAnDun

Quote from: 6th sam on February 13, 2016, 12:55:28 PM
Padraig Joyce.

Without taking this too seriously, I think it's a sad indignment of the modern game, that the 1st two players mentioned as "hate figures" are two flare forwards who are/were a delight to watch, rather than some of the cynical sledgers  with limited ability that we've witnessed over the years .
James' crime against football apparently is to smile when he scored a wonder point/goal , hateful habit alright!!

The cynical sledgers would probably be considered 'bad lads'.

Syferus

Quote from: 6th sam on February 13, 2016, 12:55:28 PM
Padraig Joyce.

Not really. Joyce will get a love-in any place he goes. This is about what players you personally couldn't stand but knew weren't total donkeys. We rarely played against Ricey or Paul Galvin so I was never going to choose them.

I watched Joyce so many times from 1998 to his retirement and usually win that I grew to dislike his mug. He was also an awful cúnt for jobbing frees off his marker. Oh, and Michael Donnellan was both a better player and more essential to Galway's AIs than Joyce was but Joyce's longer career means he has way better PR.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on February 13, 2016, 01:56:45 PM
Donaghy

In fairness, Donaghy is a bad lad! Kicking away footballs! Mouthing! He's easy hate. I'm looking for people you hate that you really should not.

SpeculativeEffort

Kieran McGeeney - probably a great player to have on your side but seems to garner very little enjoyment out of anything in life: football, winning, anything...

Over the Bar

Crap thread. Must be in line for worst ever.  Mods must be gobshites even to allow such a crap thread which is simply a thinly-veiled personal attack on players dressed up. Shame on the mods.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Over the Bar on February 14, 2016, 12:53:24 AM
Crap thread. Must be in line for worst ever.  Mods must be gobshites even to allow such a crap thread which is simply a thinly-veiled personal attack on players dressed up. Shame on the mods.

Aye but I'm sure the fella who started the thread is actually not really a bad lad!
That was never a square ball!!

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 14, 2016, 12:55:21 AM
Quote from: Over the Bar on February 14, 2016, 12:53:24 AM

Aye but I'm sure the fella who started the thread is actually not really a bad lad!

;D

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on February 14, 2016, 12:51:36 AM
Less players for Rochey for the Donegal game and more past it. Bit of a blow for him.
"Rochey" FFS  >:( :-[
Syfín just go and support the rhubarbs and be done with it :-[
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .