The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Awesome performance yet still seems to have another gear left to hit.

6/4 7/4 general fav for Champ Hurdle now.

Doogie Browser

Punchestowns won without any effort, nice wee 3/1 shot.

Homer

Quote from: Homer on December 20, 2008, 12:52:54 PM
Haven't heard a thing for him but Line Ball looks interesting 2.00 Navan. A possible Christmas earner for Christy Roche?

2nd by a head

TacadoirArdMhacha

Nipped over to the bookies to have a small wager on Binocular so I'm pleased with myself. Very very impressive run, seemed to win at a canter.

Punchestowns looks a decent prospect for the World Hurdle now.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Treasurer

Woohoo! Did a small lucky 15 on Gwanko, Binocular, Newbay Prop and Punchestowns. Covers me nicely for Leopardstown next week.

Our Nail Loney

Binocular an absolute machine, McCoy didn't move an inch on him, looked like he still had some left in the engine if he needed it!

Joxer

Stuck £50 last night on Kauto at 11/8...

What price would Cousin Vinny be at the minute Nail?

It was some days racing on Saturday..  Henderson had a field day! 

Any tips today?

Joxer

From RTE Sport

Mouse Morris has decided against sending War Of Attrition to the UK for for the King George VI Chase at Kempton and he will instead line up in Sunday's Lexus Chase at Leopardstown.

The 2006 Cheltenham Gold Cup hero has enjoyed a successful return following a two-year absence, scoring on his first two starts before running a good third in the John Durkan at Punchestown.

Morris had been giving Kempton's December 26 feature serious consideration after walking the track last week but he has decided to chase another Grade One prize closer to home.

'We've decided we're going to stay at home,' said the County Tipperary handler.

'The ground is just soft at the moment rather than heavy and the forecast is good so we are taking our chance that is correct. Basically we are sticking to plan A and this is the race he went for the year he won the Gold Cup so hopefully we can follow that route again.

'It was six of one and half a dozen of the other and he has to beat them wherever he goes so we've decided to go to Leopardstown. He ran really well in ground he didn't like at Punchestown last time and I would say he probably needed that run.

'Obviously he was fit because he'd already had two runs but mentally he needed it as it was the first time since he came back that he was running against real quality opposition. He wasn't fully wound up but I would say he's on track now.'

maddog

When top quality national horses get injured, do they ever truly come back ?

boojangles

Quote from: maddog on December 22, 2008, 12:26:58 PM
When top quality national horses get injured, do they ever truly come back ?
Its very hard to know really.Iv only been following Horse Racing about 4 years and there havent been too many who have come back from a long lay-off and won some of the top races that I can remember.Brave Incas reappearance a few weeks ago was one of the best performances Iv seen from a horse who had been out for so long,but whether it will go on to win another Champion Hurdle or a World Hurdle is another matter.War of Attrition has done very well but may find 1 or 2 just too good in the big chases this season.

On another matter, all this talk about Binocular and how he has won the Champion Hurdle already(wait till Sizing Europe gets at him),I was just wondering where is Edward Hartys Captain CeeBee this season,if my memory serves me well didnt it beat Binocular at Cheltenham last March?
Our Nail maybe you can answer that one??

jaykay

Quote from: boojangles on December 22, 2008, 12:37:03 PM
On another matter, all this talk about Binocular and how he has won the Champion Hurdle already(wait till Sizing Europe gets at him),I was just wondering where is Edward Hartys Captain CeeBee this season,if my memory serves me well didnt it beat Binocular at Cheltenham last March?
Our Nail maybe you can answer that one??

Good question.  Cee Bee beat Bincular in the first race of Cheltenham last year.  He was declared to run in a beginers chase in Roscommon last Sept/Oct but didnt go because of the ground and as far as I know there has been no entries since.

Our Nail Loney

A tip has came in for the 2.20 at kempton from the Foresters beside us in Lurgan

Will I post it up?? We have tooka  couple of big bets on it...

maddog

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on December 22, 2008, 01:06:26 PM
A tip has came in for the 2.20 at kempton from the Foresters beside us in Lurgan

Will I post it up?? We have tooka  couple of big bets on it...

yes

Our Nail Loney

Taking no responsibility if this is dicked but it is: Key Decision 16/1 in the 2.20 at Kempton

We have took about 100ew on this so far with another few dopey bets....

Doogie Browser