AISF Maigh Eo v Tiobraid Arann, 1530 06ú Nollaig 2020

Started by macdanger2, November 23, 2020, 04:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: sid waddell on December 06, 2020, 06:47:30 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on December 06, 2020, 06:36:08 PM
He took Michael Quinlivan out of the game hook line and sinker, and only ended up on Sweeney for musical chairs when all the subs came in.

Plenty of life left in that dog just yet.

He will assigned Ciaran Kilkenny for sure in the final. I wouldnt back against Keegan in that battle still.
Quinlivan had one gilt edged goal chance and created another in the first few minutes, Tipp scored a goal through the middle not long after that

Also hauled Quinlivan down as he bore down on goal with another professional foul.

Quinlivan didn't get much ball but on another day he could easily have had 2 goals.

thewobbler

And got a black card.

That's why the rule is in place.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: thewobbler on December 06, 2020, 06:59:48 PM
And got a black card.

That's why the rule is in place.

Not sure rugby tackles are considered good defending these days although we seem to be seeing more of them in the game so maybe they are.

sid waddell

Quote from: thewobbler on December 06, 2020, 06:52:32 PM
He's Tipperary's key player and he touched the ball half a dozen times and contributed next to nothing. If you're writing off that as a defensive contribution, then you must give most defenders 4/10 or worse every week.

Harrison's form started dropping like a stone two years ago. He wouldn't get within a fart's whiff of that Mayo team at present.
Harrison is a very good player and would be a massive plus for Mayo if they had him

Mayo's dominance came from out the pitch, they brutalised Tipperary like they did to Donegal in 2013, once the second goal went in the game was over as a contest

I've no doubt Keegan still has it in him to produce a big final because ultimately he is a class player and big players tend to rise to the occasion but to suggest he's currently anywhere near his form of 2016/17 would be ludicrous

WhoDat

some display from o'connor. maybe the best scoring display i've seen in croke park in many many years. thought mayo's overall pace and movement in attack was spectacular.

obviously, their own defence came apart a bit too easily and if tipp had been any better at finishing, they'd have put a few goals past them. i do think mayo went to sleep a bit in the second half though and i think they'll be a lot tighter the next day against dublin. i think they backed themselves to win a shootout today and that's what they did.

keegan had a good game in my opinion. the black card offence was absolutely the right move - take one for the team.

Cunny Funt

Disappointing one sided semi final. Mayo was on a different level to what Tipperary faced this year in league and championship and simply couldn't match their intensity or pace. Mayo had the match won after 20 minutes and killed Tipp on the turnovers.

Wouldn't read much into the 2nd half, Mayo had eased off and cleared their bench and are in good shape going into the final with key players in top form.

Farrandeelin

Nice to be back in a final again. Very impressive forward play throughout the game. Defence a major worry. Great saves by Clarke early on, had those two goals gone in it would be a different story.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Blowitupref

Mayos 5-20 is the highest ever score a team produced in All Ireland semi final.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

rosnarun

Quote from: WhoDat on December 06, 2020, 07:30:34 PM
some display from o'connor. maybe the best scoring display i've seen in croke park in many many years. thought mayo's overall pace and movement in attack was spectacular.

obviously, their own defence came apart a bit too easily and if tipp had been any better at finishing, they'd have put a few goals past them. i do think mayo went to sleep a bit in the second half though and i think they'll be a lot tighter the next day against dublin. i think they backed themselves to win a shootout today and that's what they did.

keegan had a good game in my opinion. the black card offence was absolutely the right move - take one for the team.
except it was not a black a#card offence . of which there were plaenty . keegan swung him rounf by the hips to put hime off but for it to be a legitimate lack card offence you need to trip or drag the player down.
You can have refs make up rules as they go on.

plus he have 2 hop ball when frees were taken from from ethe wrong place. fai enough but then ignored it for the rest of the match.
shocking performance from Gough.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Maroon Manc

Quote from: rosnarun on December 08, 2020, 11:35:45 AM
Quote from: WhoDat on December 06, 2020, 07:30:34 PM

except it was not a black a#card offence . of which there were plaenty . keegan swung him rounf by the hips to put hime off but for it to be a legitimate lack card offence you need to trip or drag the player down.
You can have refs make up rules as they go on.

plus he have 2 hop ball when frees were taken from from ethe wrong place. fai enough but then ignored it for the rest of the match.
shocking performance from Gough.

The rule books states deliberately pull down an opponent which Keegan was guilt of, clear black card; Not even debateable.

reillycavan

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 06, 2020, 08:54:26 PM
Mayos 5-20 is the highest ever score a team produced in All Ireland semi final.

Certainly dispells the myth Mayo have no forwards.  Cillian  is up with one of the greatest forwards of all time.