A United Ireland. Opening up the discussion.

Started by winghalfback, May 27, 2015, 03:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

sid waddell

Armagh18

Quote from: sid waddell on March 18, 2021, 06:28:25 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on March 18, 2021, 06:24:19 PM
https://twitter.com/giggles_eire/status/1372578141982617605?s=21

First step is sacking everyone one of the scum who make up the new RUC
Was Peadar Heffron scum?

What about Ronan Kerr?
Couldn't tel ya. But can have no respect for anyone who could join that shower.

sid waddell

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 18, 2021, 06:29:22 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 18, 2021, 06:28:25 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on March 18, 2021, 06:24:19 PM
https://twitter.com/giggles_eire/status/1372578141982617605?s=21

First step is sacking everyone one of the scum who make up the new RUC
Was Peadar Heffron scum?

What about Ronan Kerr?
Couldn't tel ya. But can have no respect for anyone who could join that shower.
But you called the PSNI "the new RUC" and called "every one" of them "scum"

So follow through on your words

Peadar Heffron and Ronan Kerr were just decent Catholic lads from a GAA background who wanted to contribute to building a new police force, which would serve everybody in society

I don't see how that makes them "scum"

They weren't/aren't scum

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on March 18, 2021, 06:21:21 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 18, 2021, 06:03:23 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 18, 2021, 05:47:31 PM
Quote from: Franko on March 18, 2021, 05:13:15 PM

When and why did you start being "into dead children"?
You and Snapchap were complaining bitterly about this line

And now you're using it yourself unironically

Shoudn't that be a self-banning offence?

Because previously you said this line was offside, and now you're using it yourslef

Maybe Snapchap should clarify if he sees you as sub human too

The hypocrisy of the Shinners never ceases to amaze

Hypocrisy?

Really?  ;D
You might want to look up what hypocrisy means

Changing one's views is not hypocrisy

Consistently applying double standards, such as demanding that a politician from a party you don't like stands aside when under investigation, when you have defended politicians from the party you support not standing aside when under investigation - now that very much is hypocrisy

It's a double standard

That's what Sinn Fein and Sinn Fein supporting posters here engage in non-stop

Hypocrisy and double standards

Hypocrisy and double standards is what destroys credibility and yours was totally destroyed a long time ago - along with the likes of Franko and Snapchap

Dead on Eoghan Harris.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on March 18, 2021, 06:37:12 PM

Because previously you said this line was offside, and now you're using it yourslef

Hypocrisy?

Really?  ;D

Consistently applying double standards, such as demanding that a politician from a party you don't like stands aside when under investigation, when you have defended politicians from the party you support not standing aside when under investigation - now that very much is hypocrisy

It's a double standard

Hypocrisy and double standards is what destroys credibility and yours was totally destroyed a long time ago - along with the likes of Franko and Snapchap

Dead on Eoghan Harris.
That's not an argument

It's just childish whinging and an attempt at name calling

Have you ever considered whether Eoghan Harris might have been correct about some things?

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on March 18, 2021, 06:40:16 PM

Hypocrisy?

Really?  ;D

It's a double standard

Dead on Eoghan Harris.
That's not an argument

Have you ever considered whether Eoghan Harris might have been correct about some things?

Eoghan Harris is a figure of ridicule who has zero credibility.

Like you.

armaghniac

Quote from: pbat on March 18, 2021, 06:08:48 PM
I see Claire Byrne doing her show Monday on what a United Ireland will look like and is looking contributors. She will probably roll out Ben Lowry or wee Jamie.

The thing about Ben Lowry is that his brother lives in Dublin, so he may be glad of the opportunity to visit legally!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on March 18, 2021, 06:43:06 PM

Hypocrisy?

Really?  ;D

It's a double standard

Dead on Eoghan Harris.
That's not an argument

Like you.
You didn't answer the question

Have you ever considered that maybe Harris is correct on some things?

Answer the question, now, don't go hiding

I would welcome being a figure of ridicule in the eyes of you and several other posters here

I would be very worried if I wasn't

I and any reasonable people find you an object of total ridicule, like, genuinely laughable, you don't know your arse from your elbow and I would strongly question whether you have any real life experience given your views seem to be cogged verbatim straight from conspiracy websites and An Phoblacht

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on March 18, 2021, 06:48:48 PM

Hypocrisy?

Really?  ;D

It's a double standard

Dead on Eoghan Harris.
That's not an argument

Like you.

I would welcome being a figure of ridicule in the eyes of you and several other posters here

I and any reasonable people find you an object of total ridicule, like, genuinely laughable, you don't know your arse from your elbow and I would strongly question whether you have any real life experience given your views seem to be cogged verbatim straight from conspiracy websites and An Phoblacht

No I haven't.

I think he is an absolute clown who everyone realises is a joke figure with zero credibility.

I think everyone sees there is no sincerity to your moralising on here. You stand for nothing more than a huge ego.

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on March 18, 2021, 06:58:28 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 18, 2021, 06:48:48 PM

Hypocrisy?

Really?  ;D

It's a double standard

Dead on Eoghan Harris.
That's not an argument

Like you.

No I haven't.

I think he is an absolute clown who everyone realises is a joke figure with zero credibility.

I think everyone sees there is no sincerity to your moralising on here. You stand for nothing more than a huge ego.

And the fact that you haven't shows you refuse point blank to engage your brain for fear that reality might disturb it

You exist in a safe space, totally afraid of being triggered,having your feelings offended

Very, very snowflakey

I laughed heartily at your last sentence, your whole forum persona is that of an American style incel pretending to be Donald Trump

I'd really fear for you if your offline persona bears any similarity at all

I feel sorry for you

general_lee

Quote from: sid waddell on March 18, 2021, 01:39:17 AM
I appreciate that Catholics were shat on from a height

But there was an alternative to 28 years of the PIRA, it was disciplined political struggle, international agitation, mass civil disobedience, education and self-empowerment through community organisations

Catholics had righteousness and justice on their side

A 28 year campaign of violence did not make things better for any part of society, it never could, it made people outside the North tune out and want nothing to do with the concept of justice for Catholics, and it did not produce a united Ireland

It produced ethnic cleansing, siloing, entrenchment and incalculable heartache
Do you believe your own waffle? Nationalists did exactly what you are suggesting they should have done, perhaps you do need a history lesson.

We had RUC-backed Loyalist pogroms and British soldiers massacring civilians. 50 odd years later we still haven't seen a single British soldier serve a second in jail for murdering civilians. Only today while we're on the subject, it has emerged that one of the parachute regiment soldiers present at Bloody Sunday considering shooting a civilian dead as "an enjoyable experience" and that it "greatly enhanced" his standing in the British army.

I'd like to see you champion civil disobedience after watching your neighbours, parish priest, local children be unceremoniously mowed down by British army machine guns.

sid waddell

Quote from: general_lee on March 18, 2021, 07:12:25 PM

But there was an alternative to 28 years of the PIRA, it was disciplined political struggle, international agitation, mass civil disobedience, education and self-empowerment through community organisations

A 28 year campaign of violence did not make things better for any part of society, it never could, it made people outside the North tune out and want nothing to do with the concept of justice for Catholics, and it did not produce a united Ireland

Do you believe your own waffle? Nationalists did exactly what you are suggesting they should have done, perhaps you do need a history lesson.

We had RUC-backed Loyalist pogroms and British soldiers massacring civilians. 50 odd years later we still haven't seen a single British soldier serve a second in jail for murdering civilians. Only today while we're on the subject, it has emerged that one of the parachute regiment soldiers present at Bloody Sunday considering shooting a civilian dead as "an enjoyable experience" and that it "greatly enhanced" his standing in the British army.

I'd like to see you champion civil disobedience after watching your neighbours, parish priest, local children be unceremoniously mowed down by British army machine guns.
All you have is "they did this so we had to do that"

That's tit for tat

The logic of tit for tat dictates it never ends

A couple of nights ago, eight people, mostly Asian women, were massacred by a white man

You are saying the appropriate response to that is for an Asian to carry out a tit for tat massacre on white women

And then for a white to come back with another tit for tat massacre

But it isn't

general_lee

Quote from: sid waddell on March 18, 2021, 07:18:18 PM
Quote from: general_lee on March 18, 2021, 07:12:25 PM

All you have is "they did this so we had to do that"

That's tit for tat

The logic of tit for tat dictates it never ends

A couple of nights ago, eight people, mostly Asian women, were massacred by a white man

You are saying the appropriate response to that is for an Asian to carry out a tit for tat massacre on white women

And then for a white to come back with another tit for tat massacre

But it isn't
No, that would be your logic. Applied to your own opinion using an irrelevant comparison.

Franko

Your 'dead children' line was an absolute disgrace, but I have never called for anyone to banned.  I genuinely don't care enough to be bothered.  But it was YOUR line and one which you have doubled down on many times, so now you'll have to own it.

Referring to it earlier, I was merely pointing it back at you after the embarrassing unmasking which you were subjected to this morning - but it was still YOUR line.

So - a little quiz for you...

One of the following MUST be true, it's a logical certainty - and I'd like you to tell me which one.

1. General support the IRA's armed campaign does not cause a person to be 'into dead children' - and you have been talking bullshit repeatedly when referring to it

2. You, for a period of your life, were 'into dead children'

I appreciate this will be difficult for you to answer, but if it's any consolation, your 'reputation' is already in tatters, so you may as well go for it.