Connacht SFC 2019

Started by Rossfan, April 23, 2019, 11:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

CMON ROS!!💛💛💛💙💙💛💛💛
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Mayo v Roscommon next  sat week , is it a 7pm throw in ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cunny Funt

Roscommon the only team that had a comfortable win against a Div 4 team so far this summer. No doubt Leitrim will be hoping to draw someone else next summer.

No John McManus or Enda Smith in action today will they be back for the next game in two weeks or are out long term?

Rossfan

Enda dislocated thumb.
McManus not chosen I believe.
Laythrum well bet and sent back to their frackable uninhabitable wilderness.
Seriously they seemed to have decided the D4 campaign was their be all and end all this year as they wait for the 2nd tier to kick in.
We did what we had to unimpressivly  and quite frankly won't keep the ball kicked out to the Rhus based on today.
No atmosphere, no excitenent, just a routine demolition of a lower ranked  team by a reasonably higher ranked one.
A major argument for those who want to abolish the Provincials.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

Quote from: Rossfan on May 13, 2019, 01:48:47 AM
just a routine demolition of a lower ranked  team by a reasonably higher ranked one.

You've moved on to talking about the game on the 25th already?  ;D  ;)

Maroon Manc

Galway desperately need some sort of a performance this weekend after what happened in London. The further we get into this season the more pessimistic I become, the injuries just don't seem to be clearing at all.

mouview

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 15, 2019, 11:42:50 AM
Galway desperately need some sort of a performance this weekend after what happened in London. The further we get into this season the more pessimistic I become, the injuries just don't seem to be clearing at all.

McDaid is nearing match fitness again I think, while I heard that Paul Conroy is back in training. Comer looks to be a month away or so. Not really sure who else that leaves that is vital to the cause. My pessimism is more due to managerial caution and intransigence.

An Fhairche Abu

Based on what I saw in London less than two weeks ago I wouldn't have an expectation of a huge jump in performance this weekend and I don't think a repeat of the hiding Sligo got in the same fixture last year is on the cards but some form of improvement is required.
Galway owned the ball for large stretches in the first round match and Tom Flynn (Galway's best player in 2019 so far with only Shane Walsh providing him any competition on that) absolutely cleaned London out at midfield. Given the wealth of possession you would have expected more than 16 points to be accrued against a Division Four team albeit one that was performing well in places on the day. The attacking - even in breaking out at pace situations - was ponderous, too much running with the ball and even when long passes were tried they were not accurate to the target player, the shot execution was not near up to standard and it was definitely the poorest I've seen Galway play in a long, long time.

Galway need to get a result on Sunday and anything less than a win should be unthinkable for the current panel, with the greatest of respect to Sligo, Galway may pack it up for the year if they can't get through to the Connacht final the way the draw has worked out this year injuries to key players or not.

Owenmoresider

Just hope it's better than last year. And if it is then that'll be likely more to do with Galway than it will Sligo.

manfromdelmonte

Sligo are going backwards at a rate of knots

Cunny Funt

London conceded on average 13 points per game in the league this spring, they were clearly working on a defensive system and maybe Kevin Walsh didn't do his homework on them? Sligo are coming into Sunday's game off the back of 7 league defeats where they have conceded on average 20 points per game.  All logic points to a more comfortable win for Galway this weekend than it was in Ruislip.

magpie seanie

Kevin Walsh hasn't enjoyed his trips as a manager to London.

Blowitupref

Teams named for Sunday's encounter.

Sligo: Eamonn Kilgannon, Michael Gordon, Peter Laffey, Keelan Cawley, Gerard O'Kelly Lynch, Darragh Cummins, Paul McNamara, Adrian McIntyre, Paul Kilcoyne, Mikey Gordon, Sean Carrabine, Nathan Mullen, Paddy O'Connor, Adrian Marren, Niall Murphy

Galway: Bernard Power, Eoghan Kerin, Seán Andy Ó'Ceallaigh, Liam Silke, Kieran Molloy, Gareth Bradshaw, JohnDaly, Thomas Flynn, Fiontán Ó'Curraoin, Shane Walsh, Michael Daly, Johnny Heaney, Antaine Ó'Laoí. Ian Burke, Danny Cummins.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

mouview

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 16, 2019, 01:26:06 PM

Sligo: Eamonn Kilgannon, Michael Gordon, Peter Laffey, Keelan Cawley, Gerard O'Kelly Lynch, Darragh Cummins, Paul McNamara, Adrian McIntyre, Paul Kilcoyne, Mikey Gordon, Sean Carrabine, Nathan Mullen, Paddy O'Connor, Adrian Marren, Niall Murphy

Galway: Bernard Power, Eoghan Kerin, Seán Andy Ó'Ceallaigh, Liam Silke, Kieran Molloy, Gareth Bradshaw, JohnDaly, Thomas Flynn, Fiontán Ó'Curraoin, Shane Walsh, Michael Daly, Johnny Heaney, Antaine Ó'Laoí. Ian Burke, Danny Cummins.

Interesting Galway lineout. Big call on goalie, Power must have been pushing hard in training. Silke for Wynne improves FB line, while Molloy for O'Donnell (though in a bit of hard luck) also boosts that line I think. Hope O'Curraoin goes well in midfield, more suited there than Ml. Daly. Padraig Cunningham loses out in attack, but is probably behind the rest in the pecking order anyway. FF line a bit similar, but they'll switch about I'm sure anyway.

All assuming no late changes of course.

galwayman

Quote from: mouview on May 16, 2019, 01:39:13 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 16, 2019, 01:26:06 PM

Interesting Galway lineout. Big call on goalie, Power must have been pushing hard in training. Silke for Wynne improves FB line, while Molloy for O'Donnell (though in a bit of hard luck) also boosts that line I think. Hope O'Curraoin goes well in midfield, more suited there than Ml. Daly. Padraig Cunningham loses out in attack, but is probably behind the rest in the pecking order anyway. FF line a bit similar, but they'll switch about I'm sure anyway.

All assuming no late changes of course.
Not a bad side considering the absentees. Fully fit Conroy & Comer come straight back in. Cooke, McDaid, Sean Kelly and Kyne would be 50-50 to get in.
Duggan maybe if they go with a third midfielder.
Surprised he has dropped Lavelle, though I don't think there's much between them.
Podge Cunningham didn't do enough in London when given the chance to be retained for this game I think.