Weather

Started by Lucius Fox, August 07, 2008, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2024, 10:39:00 AM
Quote from: clarshack on March 27, 2024, 10:29:53 AM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 15, 2023, 10:43:32 PMNeed some rain for the grass. Need some growth.

You got plenty of Rain since then!. It's been another sh*te month of weather and won't be surprised if it turns out to be the wettest March ever. Its been pretty much like this since the middle of last July and it's no wonder a lot of people in this country are depressed.

Depressing and then some! Back garden is like marshlands, Tbf not great in the summer months either with the wet weather.. No sign of it changing any day soon

Have stayed off the normal country road to work and using the motorway and main roads as the country roads are flooded and dangerous with plenty of surface water about, localised flooding in places!

I'd say the lying water can be as dangerous as snow, at least with the snow you shouldn't be going as fast

My garden's currently in the worst shape ever too!

RedHand88

Was looking at patio furniture last night online and then thought what is the point. Be better spending the money on a fill of heating oil.

Trying to get the ground dry for rotavating and sowing. It'll be September before its dry at this rate.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on March 27, 2024, 10:49:31 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2024, 10:39:00 AM
Quote from: clarshack on March 27, 2024, 10:29:53 AM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 15, 2023, 10:43:32 PMNeed some rain for the grass. Need some growth.

You got plenty of Rain since then!. It's been another sh*te month of weather and won't be surprised if it turns out to be the wettest March ever. Its been pretty much like this since the middle of last July and it's no wonder a lot of people in this country are depressed.

Depressing and then some! Back garden is like marshlands, Tbf not great in the summer months either with the wet weather.. No sign of it changing any day soon

Have stayed off the normal country road to work and using the motorway and main roads as the country roads are flooded and dangerous with plenty of surface water about, localised flooding in places!

I'd say the lying water can be as dangerous as snow, at least with the snow you shouldn't be going as fast

My garden's currently in the worst shape ever too!

The patio and the paving around the house is yuk! I've all the stuff to clean it but fucked if I'm bothering with that during the current weather!

So many jobs that I can't even look outside to do them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 27, 2024, 10:52:10 AMWas looking at patio furniture last night online and then thought what is the point. Be better spending the money on a fill of heating oil.

Trying to get the ground dry for rotavating and sowing. It'll be September before its dry at this rate.

Yet rainfall in Donegal and Sligo is below average so far this year.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

This is climate change. Warmer and wetter
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armamike

How many days have we had with no rain since last July?  Count them on one hand. Can hardly get out for a walk without a soaking!
That's just, like your opinion man.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: armaghniac on March 27, 2024, 04:57:31 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 27, 2024, 10:52:10 AMWas looking at patio furniture last night online and then thought what is the point. Be better spending the money on a fill of heating oil.

Yet rainfall in Donegal and Sligo is below average so far this year.
Lot of southerly and SE wind this winter/spring carrying wetness

Our paths, patios and garden walls are green. I wants to spray algae stuff but cannot get the required 2/3 days of dryness.

Haven't even dug the veg garden yet and usually I'd have early spuds down and other stuff sown

RedHand88

Another pisher of a day. Gives it bad for the Easter weekend too.

illdecide

Hose pipe ban soon...lol
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: RedHand88 on Today at 09:14:25 AMAnother pisher of a day. Gives it bad for the Easter weekend too.

2 degrees up here in north Antrim has me wondering. Why is the global warning phenomenon avoiding Dunloy. Is it to early to start on the swimming pool I've been planning since the Greta Thunberg enlightenment.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Armagh18

Global warming my hole, cold wet and miserable March.

Eire90

spring my arse its frezing

i think it should have to be above or below a  certain temperature each day before a new season is declared