Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club Rossa

Amazing to think that Sunday's win was Joe McMahon's first ever medal won with Omagh.Not a bad one to break your duck with I suppose.

God14

10min highlights from Sundays final here > http://www.tg4.tv/index.html?l=ie
Wasn't at the game & was looking out for the reputed double bounce incident, but no sign of it here

WT4E

Quote from: gardrumchum on September 30, 2014, 12:38:24 AM
Quote from: Mikhailov on September 29, 2014, 03:29:31 PM
Quote from: Carmenalways on September 29, 2014, 02:12:37 PM
Absolutely gutted. This one is especially hard to take. But knowing us I'm sure we will be back. Congrats to omagh and I wish them all the best in ulster. 26 years is a long time but 10 is an absolute eternity. Felt we deserved at the very least a draw. I guess Sean hurson hasn't enough relations in carrickmore although to be fair thought he done a good enough job. However,someone forgot to tell bert that this was a championship final and not a fking basketball game. One as bad as the other....the result,we lose a player. Couldnt help himself,and let's hope it's a while before he shows his face round pairc colmcille. Finally, never kickt a ball.....it was the exact same when carmen were taking frees....get over it >:(

Well said Carmenalways - a bit of real honesty in your post however it was a sending off - stupid yes but a fair sending off in my opinion. I eagerly await your fellow clubman wee roddy for his analysis of this game.... :) :)

To be fair to wee Roddy he called it right. His main argument was that Carrickmore were much better than people were giving them credit for. He was absolutely right about that and was vindicated by the way his team played.

Agreed - But he does get REALLY touchy about Carmen LOL

supersarsfields

Feck sake lads, we're all touchy when it comes to our own clubs. It's in the blood of any GAA supporter. Let it be.
Dissappointed with our preformance on Sunday. The lads had busted their balls to get to the final, and it's not too often we're involved in county final day. But Donaghmore by far the better team and deserved winners. Wasn't a great game in comparison to the senior game but hopefully be a learning curve.
Thought the senior game was a great game as a neutral. At least one Drumragh man got a medal anyway!!  ;)

billabong

Quote from: supersarsfields on September 30, 2014, 09:49:05 AM
Feck sake lads, we're all touchy when it comes to our own clubs. It's in the blood of any GAA supporter. Let it be.
Dissappointed with our preformance on Sunday. The lads had busted their balls to get to the final, and it's not too often we're involved in county final day. But Donaghmore by far the better team and deserved winners. Wasn't a great game in comparison to the senior game but hopefully be a learning curve.
Thought the senior game was a great game as a neutral. At least one Drumragh man got a medal anyway!!  ;)

Couple of clubs in West Tyrone got medals alright  ;D

Wee Roddy

Some you win. Some you lose. Fairplay to Omagh they stood toe to toe and althought the lost a lot of individual batter they won the match. The two number sixes were unreal. I didn't see what happened for the sending off but Carmen controlled the game after it so I don't think it had a major influence anyway. I think we only had two fowards out of 9 used that scored. There in lies the problem for a talented group of lads.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 30, 2014, 11:32:14 AM
Some you win. Some you lose. Fairplay to Omagh they stood toe to toe and althought the lost a lot of individual batter they won the match. The two number sixes were unreal. I didn't see what happened for the sending off but Carmen controlled the game after it so I don't think it had a major influence anyway. I think we only had two fowards out of 9 used that scored. There in lies the problem for a talented group of lads.

I would agree , that was carmens ultimate downfall on sunday.
Why was Paul McAleer taken off? was he injured?
seemed a very strange decision at the time.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Mikhailov

Fair play WR - gracious and honest in defeat. 2 scoring forwards will not win many games but 1 thing is sure, Carmen will regroup and be there again next year when the trophies are being handed out.

Wee Roddy

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 30, 2014, 12:25:45 PM

I would agree , that was carmens ultimate downfall on sunday.
Why was Paul McAleer taken off? was he injured?
seemed a very strange decision at the time.
I thought that myself but then I suppose Barry Daly has always got scores when he comes in. I would have been dissapointed at the impact our subs made. I just hope the talk that we will lose a couple of key men to far away fields ain't true because despite was people say that wasn't an old team on Sunday. If a countnager goes to club games and still refused to play Conor last year then there is something wrong.

BADONEY

Carrickmore  4.19 , Omagh 1.5 , U16  championship quarterfinal played tonight at Carrickmore, winners meet Moortown in the semi final , Dromore v ECiarian in the second U16 grade 1 semi final , serious contenders in this competition .

Christmas Lights

Believe that Omagh are giving points to Strabane this weekend.

And so this craic begins

Any other games fixed?  Is reserve football essentially finished in Tyrone also?

Mikhailov

Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 01, 2014, 10:06:06 AM
Believe that Omagh are giving points to Strabane this weekend.

And so this craic begins

Any other games fixed?  Is reserve football essentially finished in Tyrone also?

It has begun long before now - did Omagh not allow Augher to beat them a few weeks ago......?

Under Lights

Quote from: referee on October 01, 2014, 10:29:02 AM
Eglish giving fr rocks and Ardboe giving Augher the pts😉

That'll go down well in Moortown.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Under Lights on October 01, 2014, 11:03:53 AM
Quote from: referee on October 01, 2014, 10:29:02 AM
Eglish giving fr rocks and Ardboe giving Augher the pts😉

That'll go down well in Moortown.

It's hardly Ardboe's fault that Moortown are bottom with only one "win" all season.

In hiding

You would have thought 5 or 6 weeks ago that 9 or 10 points might have been enough to keep you save in div 1. Looks like 12 points might not be enough now  :o