Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scout

good shout norf,but couldnt see it picked up on by the county board.
additionally has conor mckenna tried his hand at aussie rules yet, or has mickey harte been to the house every night etc.... anyone know?

Napper

Quote from: scout on September 09, 2014, 08:12:19 PM
good shout norf,but couldnt see it picked up on by the county board.
additionally has conor mckenna tried his hand at aussie rules yet, or has mickey harte been to the house every night etc.... anyone know?

Conor mcKenna still togging out for Eglish. Scored three points against Augher recently. Can't see him turning down the aussie rookie money that he will get no matter what MH says.

The Trap

Billabong, perhaps Rock and Derrytresk are doing so well because they have the best teams in Division 3! Derrytresk beat the Clarkes a couple of years ago in junior championship and look where the Clarkes are now while Rock have beaten Moortown, Strabane and Moy in the last 2 intermediate championships and all of those clubs are in Division One. The one team to disappoint is Clan na Gael especially with O'Neill and Dooher both playing! It look like Newtownstewart and Killeeshil are going down so next year could be the time for a new team to get a bit of glory. The Junior section looks like it would be very open and lots of clubs could make a real push for honours, Owen Roes, Tattyreagh, Aghaloo, Fintona, Brockagh..........what do you think?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: The Trap on September 10, 2014, 09:07:05 AM
Billabong, perhaps Rock and Derrytresk are doing so well because they have the best teams in Division 3! Derrytresk beat the Clarkes a couple of years ago in junior championship and look where the Clarkes are now while Rock have beaten Moortown, Strabane and Moy in the last 2 intermediate championships and all of those clubs are in Division One. The one team to disappoint is Clan na Gael especially with O'Neill and Dooher both playing! It look like Newtownstewart and Killeeshil are going down so next year could be the time for a new team to get a bit of glory. The Junior section looks like it would be very open and lots of clubs could make a real push for honours, Owen Roes, Tattyreagh, Aghaloo, Fintona, Brockagh..........what do you think?

I seen Brockagh in week 2, and they were really impressive. I'd argue they were the best Div 3 team I seen all year. We really struggled for 40 minutes against them, grabbed 2 goals in 2 minutes and stole the points.

I am surprised they are not up there. Not sure why they aren't.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

billabong

Trap, undoubtedly Rock and The Hill are the 2 best teams with the best players (McCreesh's, Gourley, Girvans, McKee, Gavin, O'Neill)-playing in Division 2 contributes to this as it greatly develops players individually playing at a higher level. Still not sure how both managed to get relegated. Training collectively all through the winter has ensured that Rock are blowing everyone out of the water.

Not so sure about Clann na Gael Trap, especially if they stay in Division 3 for another year or 2 you would wonder how long Dooher and O'Neill would stay about. I would say that Owen Roes and Tattyreagh would be best placed to make a push for honours next year. Brockagh have all the ability in the world, just never seems to happen for them these last few years, not sure why.

Norf and Trap, you think any of the lower placed teams can push on a bit next year or are we looking at the aforementioned?

In hiding

I see paddy power has omagh 1/2 and carrickmore 6/4

Carmen some value at that price

The Trap

Billabong, i always thought Brockagh had a lot of promise if they could keep all their players in the country. Maybe next year will be the year! As i said could be a great opportunity for a team to come form relative obscurity next year!

God14

Quote from: In hiding on September 10, 2014, 02:39:27 PM

Shocked at those odds, id have expected at Omagh 4/5 & Carrickmore around 5/4
Conor Clarke a sore loss for Omagh.

WT4E

Quote from: God14 on September 10, 2014, 04:39:04 PM

Odds are exactly as I would of expected - Carmen have had a great year getting to the final but I think they have overachieved and will do well to win it!

Wee Roddy

Quote from: WT4E on September 10, 2014, 04:50:04 PM

Odds are exactly as I would of expected - Carmen have had a great year getting to the final but I think they have overachieved and will do well to win it!

I would say underachieved. They played most of the league with half a team to date. County finalist last year, beat in the semis under controversial circumstances by the eventual winners the previous year, league champions last year and add to that when their squad is fully fit they have gained Finney Magill, Brendan McLaughlin and Jonny Monroe from last year. People forget Carrickmore done a serious amount of experimenting in the league and the management done some very strange things. People seem to forget that Carrickmore had a chance to go 3 up with 10 to go in last years final and Clonoe went down the field to score a major at the other end. These things have fine margins. Add to that that the league was degraded last year in their eyes by playing the final on a Tuesday night and by making Clonoe play so quick after their Ulster Club defeat, then you can see why they were so consistently crap in the league.
The odds are ridiculous in my opinion and will be music to Carmen players ears i reckon.

time ticking away

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 10, 2014, 06:04:02 PM

I would say underachieved. They played most of the league with half a team to date. County finalist last year, beat in the semis under controversial circumstances by the eventual winners the previous year, league champions last year and add to that when their squad is fully fit they have gained Finney Magill, Brendan McLaughlin and Jonny Monroe from last year. People forget Carrickmore done a serious amount of experimenting in the league and the management done some very strange things. People seem to forget that Carrickmore had a chance to go 3 up with 10 to go in last years final and Clonoe went down the field to score a major at the other end. These things have fine margins. Add to that that the league was degraded last year in their eyes by playing the final on a Tuesday night and by making Clonoe play so quick after their Ulster Club defeat, then you can see why they were so consistently crap in the league.
The odds are ridiculous in my opinion and will be music to Carmen players ears i reckon.
I think they are value at 6/4 too but not because I think they are any good, more because I dont yet think omagh can be trusted to deliver on the big day. Wee roddy you are a one man pr machine. If carrickmore played the league with half a team, I assume that they'll use 15 in the county final. ::)
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Man Marker

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 10, 2014, 06:04:02 PM

Roddy IMO the reason u got to last years final and this year, is because you avoided the top four who have all been in the same side of the draw last and this year. You mentioned getting beaten in the semi the year before last by Errigal, maybe that was because you played one of the top four, the year before that it was Clonoe in the quarter final. Youse have consistently failed to beat the top teams in the major games. It is difficult to argue differently as the results support my argument. There is no doubt that this IMO presents u with your best opportunity in a while as it is not Clonoe, Dromore or Errigal. But Omagh are a top four team have beaten Dromore and Clonoe in recent years and for them this final presents a great opportunity to finally go to the holy grail. A massive game in many ways for both teams

under the bar

QuotePeople seem to forget that Carrickmore had a chance to go 3 up with 10 to go in last years final and Clonoe went down the field to score a major at the other end. These things have fine margins. Add to that that the league was degraded last year in their eyes by playing the final on a Tuesday night and by making Clonoe play so quick after their Ulster Club defeat, then you can see why they were so consistently crap in the league.

Carrickmore men and their money aren't easily parted tho!?!  Hallions?  Yes for sure.  Mugs? - no chance!

Wee Roddy

Never beat the top teams? Come on now. The draw throws up what comes in front off you and you have to get up for that particular game. A player gets himself conditioned mentally for who they are playing. Maybe i am reading the thing wrong but is a team who won last years league, got to a final last year and has men that played county under 21 football in their subs not in the top four in the county? Or is it because alot of people dont want them to be in the top 4.

Carrickmore men and their money aren't easily parted tho!?!  Hallions?  Yes for sure.  Mugs? - no chance!
[/quote]
Hallions? Certainly not

WT4E

For everything you say Roddy - I still think the odds are correct!