Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

I see harte interview and him crying about MC Kenna getting man handled and no protection. Fuckin whinger.

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 01, 2020, 06:10:41 PM
McKenna was well shackled today too. Donegal were ready for him.

He was but it wasn't a day for any of the big players.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 01, 2020, 06:12:35 PM
Its a pity Malachy O rourke took the Glen job. Could have been a decent replacement. Ah well, we'll have to make do with Banty i suppose...
Get on to Fergal Logan, Canavan et al.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

It was a good game in terrible conditions and both teams deserve a lot of credit. Better decision making at key times and discipline the difference between the sides. Donegal responded so well to the goal whereas Tyrone, when we had good spells after that, too often made the wrong call.

I've made this point on here on a few occasions the but that Tyrone team was built initially on an ultra defensive template and since it failed badly, hasn't settled on another clear and consistent shape or style. Key men like Donnelly and Harte have been moved around constantly for years rather than setting into roles that best suit them. There isn't a recognised spine to the team. The side has the talent and fitness and conditioning to beat most teams, but when they are under pressure in a tight game that lack of identity will cost them. I'm not sure Peter Harte knew what he was supposed to be doing today. Donnelly was deployed far from the areas where his talents can best be used. Such was our fear of what one of the opposition's most creative threats could do that we took away one of our biggest weapons to try and negate it. And despite that, Murphy still showed his leadership to help Donegal over the line. Donegal knew what they were doing, trusted in their style and had the confidence to go for it. Their leaders showed the way and rest followed, typified by Gallen hitting what turned out to be the winning score, a cracker from distance. In the minutes before and after that, Tyrone men in similar positions showed a lack of composure. A lack of belief. And that has been the case in these kind of games for years now. Legend that Mickey is, its so clear that a change is long overdue.

GetOverTheBar

Its a pity Malachy O rourke took the Glen job. Could have been a decent replacement. Ah well, we'll have to make do with Banty i suppose...

I would imagine we can take that then as Gospel Mickey is staying.

red hander

Job won't go to non-Tyrone man.

An Watcher

Donegal's goal today was very disappointing. First of all to be caught out with that kick out. Secondly, there were enough defenders there to pull your man down or impede him some way so that it was only conceding a point rather than a goal. Thirdly I thought Morgans positioning was poor.  The forward had alot of the near post to find. Morgan almost made it easy for him. That said it was a good finish.
Someone should have dragged him down before he got anywhere near goal.

Angelo

Quote from: An Watcher on November 01, 2020, 07:05:32 PM
Donegal's goal today was very disappointing. First of all to be caught out with that kick out. Secondly, there were enough defenders there to pull your man down or impede him some way so that it was only conceding a point rather than a goal. Thirdly I thought Morgans positioning was poor.  The forward had alot of the near post to find. Morgan almost made it easy for him. That said it was a good finish.

I guess black cards carrying a bigger risk these days than before.

The talent is now there in the county I feel.

We need a big overhaul in terms of the senior squad, I think there's a good case for 10/11 players being cut from the panel and 10/11 new players being added in.

With McKenna and McShane both available next year it will hopefully give us the ability to give the attacking talent we have a better platform to thrive.

It's been a weird season but Darren McCurry had a great year for Tyrone and hopefully he can keep that going next year. I thought Kennedy really showed well in the last two years. We need a proper midfield partner for him going forward. I think Michael O'Neill deserves a run at 6, he's a solid defender and he did well there today - it's a problem position for us at present.

Thompson and Langan were the winning of that game today for Donegal. Two big tall powerful men who can play in the middle third, win the dirty ball and take scores. We don't seem to have that type of scoring threat from wing forward that the other big counties have.

clarshack

Quote from: An Watcher on November 01, 2020, 07:05:32 PM

That goal, the ball that was cleared off the line, the 2 frees that were brought in closer along with the bad wides from McCann and McKernan in the 2nd half meant it was definitely one that got away today.  Disappointing.

Tyrone Gaa

I don't know about who's up next, that's all to be debated. MH has had 2/3 chances to build a new side and failed.

It should stay in the county. I'd throw Collie Holmes name into the discussion. All Ireland winner at underage and involved in delivering Dungannon a senior championship. Although I'm not sure how much input he had into that management team.

Not Paul Devlin, I'd rule him out.
Living the dream!!!

square_ball

I'd give Logan, Dooher and Canavan a go at it.

In hiding

Angelo this is obviously a leading question  but what are your thoughts on Kieran Mc Gearys defensive discipline today

Angelo

Quote from: In hiding on November 01, 2020, 08:28:58 PM
Angelo this is obviously a leading question  but what are your thoughts on Kieran Mc Gearys defensive discipline today

Gave a couple of rash fouls away, made some good tackles too.

Not sure if you're referring to any of the frees being brought in but were they McGeary who mouthed off?

redzone

When we were 3-0 up and looking like we could go 5 or 6 up,who committed a lazy tackle to give donegal a handy free. Mcgeary.

Moonshine

Quote from: 50fiftyball on November 01, 2020, 11:37:28 PM
What a year for errigal ciaran.

Asses handed to them by dungannon who they looked down their noses at.

Now their 2nd most famous celebrity Micky the Dictator gets the proverbial managers' guillotine in the morning

Such a stupid statement whats yesterdays defeat got to do with Errigal Ciaran you clown. From what i remember it wasnt a great year for many club teams bar dungannon, edendork and kildress. And dungannon handed several teams their asses.

As for mickey yeah time is up i agree. Who do you suggest as his replacement as the fountain of all knowledge.