Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on January 24, 2021, 09:11:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2021, 05:30:32 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on January 24, 2021, 05:17:06 PM
So u thinK Croke who fork out  70% of the gaelfast moneY make their decisions after reading discussions boards ... wise up! too many yes men on this board  :)

What are you on about?

If you want to sit behind a computer screen and not name yourself and have a go at people, then dive in, no one is stopping you.
tut tut usual reply when Have no argument - Most people remain anonYmous on these boards and thats how they are run. So wat gives any of us confidence Co board can sort this out?
why dontu find a discussioN board where u have give your name and photo?

Whatever, knock yourself out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on January 24, 2021, 09:11:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2021, 05:30:32 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on January 24, 2021, 05:17:06 PM
So u thinK Croke who fork out  70% of the gaelfast moneY make their decisions after reading discussions boards ... wise up! too many yes men on this board  :)

What are you on about?

If you want to sit behind a computer screen and not name yourself and have a go at people, then dive in, no one is stopping you.
tut tut usual reply when Have no argument - Most people remain anonYmous on these boards and thats how they are run. So wat gives any of us confidence Co board can sort this out?
why dontu find a discussioN board where u have give your name and photo?

Tinder?

BigBallWeeBall

Hi folks, anything of interest discussed at co committee meeting this week

Belfast GAA man

couple of pEople have spotted St Johns footballers training at Queens - must THink they are invisible!

bannslide

If so this the club should surely deal with this if it's something organised

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on January 27, 2021, 08:52:27 PM
couple of pEople have spotted St Johns footballers training at Queens - must THink they are invisible!

Queens have no posts up, have you any photos of this or are you just hearing this?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 27, 2021, 10:49:07 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on January 27, 2021, 08:52:27 PM

Queens have no posts up, have you any photos of this or are you just hearing this?

Also I would be fairly sure to train at the Dub you need a pitch booking. I would imagine the answer would be no when you made that phone call.

Caesar

Given the hugely positive impact the GAA has had in local communities throughout this pandemic, it would be very disappointing if any individual club behaved recklessly.

We all know there are parts of the media who would be delighted at the opportunity to bring negative attention to the GAA.

Belfast GAA man

heard From 2 people but id say no club comittee would ok it just a mgr going rogue and taking a cgance no one else would be over there

themac_23

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on January 28, 2021, 09:24:20 AM
heard From 2 people but id say no club comittee would ok it just a mgr going rogue and taking a cgance no one else would be over there

or maybe just a couple of lads went to kick about and do a bit of running off their own bat to try and keep some sanity? the way things are, there's a lot of things id hammer people for but a few lads out kicking a ball in the open and doing a bit of running to maybe keep their heads right and keep the fitness going isnt one of them

Milltown Row2

Quote from: themac_23 on January 28, 2021, 09:59:06 AM

or maybe just a couple of lads went to kick about and do a bit of running off their own bat to try and keep some sanity? the way things are, there's a lot of things id hammer people for but a few lads out kicking a ball in the open and doing a bit of running to maybe keep their heads right and keep the fitness going isnt one of them

I went for a run last night, so no doubt there will be a cry from some to say there's collective training from the referee's!

I jest, though I did a run I was on my own.....

I've absolutely no issues with a bunch of guys hitting a pitch and getting core and stamina training done, but they must not have any contact, the fact that they are on a pitch outside and away from each other is no different to me being down at the shore and passing hundreds of people walking along the pathway!

To me organised training is doing drills with the footballs and tackling, not lads running...

themac_23

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 28, 2021, 10:12:04 AM

I went for a run last night, so no doubt there will be a cry from some to say there's collective training from the referee's!

I've absolutely no issues with a bunch of guys hitting a pitch and getting core and stamina training done, but they must not have any contact, the fact that they are on a pitch outside and away from each other is no different to me being down at the shore and passing hundreds of people walking along the pathway!

To me organised training is doing drills with the footballs and tackling, not lads running...

Yeah thats the way I see it, no doubt it was a few lads doing running and one of them probably had a football and they were knocking it about, as I say lot of things people should be hammered about but im not gonna hammer fellas for trying to keep themselves someway fit and getting outta the house.

Also, naming a club was unnecessary in my opinion, when there's no proof of any wrongdoing its just feeling rumours

Milltown Row2

Quote from: themac_23 on January 28, 2021, 10:19:46 AM

Yeah thats the way I see it, no doubt it was a few lads doing running and one of them probably had a football and they were knocking it about, as I say lot of things people should be hammered about but im not gonna hammer fellas for trying to keep themselves someway fit and getting outta the house.

Also, naming a club was unnecessary in my opinion, when there's no proof of any wrongdoing its just feeling rumours

Same bloke loves a good gossip though, I'd say he's into the soaps too

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 28, 2021, 10:43:58 AM
Quote from: themac_23 on January 28, 2021, 10:19:46 AM

Same bloke loves a good gossip though, I'd say he's into the soaps too
mgr and about 15 players is team traininG - not ok - all above mentoned stuff is ok - try playing the ball an not the man

Tyrdub

Sorry but this is wrong, they should not be training together at all, either small numbers, distance apart, whatever.

Directly from the Covid 19 regulations on NI Direct:

Indoor and outdoor gatherings (excluding private dwellings, weddings, and funerals)
Up to six people (including children of all ages) from a maximum of two households can meet outdoors, or in non-domestic indoor settings for a permitted reason.

You should maintain social distancing by being at least two metres apart, as well as good hand and respiratory hygiene practices.

You may not organise, operate or take part in an indoor or outdoor gathering which consists of more than six people.

The following exemptions apply:

a gathering in a workplace, if it is not possible to work at home
a gathering to provide emergency or medical assistance to any person
blood donation and vaccine sessions
elite sports (not spectators)