Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 22, 2024, 03:30:37 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 22, 2024, 03:16:37 PM
Quote from: barnish oggie on March 22, 2024, 12:59:17 PMA substantial boost to the senior panel going by that press release.

That's almost a full 15 returning to the squad either returning from their travels or injury so Gleeson should be happy, but it may be unfair on those lads who's soldiered through the NHL to let them go!

Especially with a warm weather training camp in Portugalrush soon 🤔

Fixed that for you.

NorthAntrim

Will there be a panel cut? Weve around 25 of a panel fit and add in probably 15 named players either returning from a break or injury we could have 40

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NorthAntrim on March 25, 2024, 09:16:15 AMWill there be a panel cut? Weve around 25 of a panel fit and add in probably 15 named players either returning from a break or injury we could have 40

All teams at intercounty can only have a certain amount in their names panels.

But like some counties they have lads ready at county standard ready to be called up.

Kilkenny were an example of that. I know the standard is higher but the policy I found was good
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: NorthAntrim on March 25, 2024, 09:16:15 AMWill there be a panel cut? Weve around 25 of a panel fit and add in probably 15 named players either returning from a break or injury we could have 40

You would have thought so. We can't accommodate just pulling that number of players in.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 25, 2024, 09:26:47 AM

You would have thought so. We can't accommodate just pulling that number of players in.

Hard on lads who have soldiered through the league.

imtommygunn

Definitely though a lot of them young so hopefully good experience.

NorthAntrim

Still young yes and should be kept on in some form. S&C wise for sure. Testing etc

imtommygunn

It is abundantly clear both in football and hurling these days that you need a few years of the conditioning work to get properly up to speed. I would hope that the league will improve a lot of those boys a lot.

Are Gerard Walsh and Paul Boyle going to come back?

NorthAntrim

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 25, 2024, 10:05:10 AMIt is abundantly clear both in football and hurling these days that you need a few years of the conditioning work to get properly up to speed. I would hope that the league will improve a lot of those boys a lot.

Are Gerard Walsh and Paul Boyle going to come back?

The statement said yes. Paul boyle getting a procedure and back playing very quickly after. And walsh back soon also. James McNaughton too. 3 Starters as are Ryan Elliot, Keelan and Nigel

JonnyD_

Great news that these lads are back. A strange but welcome communication from the county manager by way of a player update as its been speculation and rumour as to who's fit and who's not.

I just hope its not too late in the day to bring lads into a panel. I don't know much about S&C but hope they've all kept themselves in good nick - to be able to compete in Leinster champ.

Ger Walsh a starter for sure, could slot right into full back to most likely line TJ Reid in the first game. The Kilkenny half back line were outstanding on Sat again Limerick (Paddy Deegan etc..). Our half fwds will have the work cut out for them.

But very positive! 

NorthAntrim

Quote from: JonnyD_ on March 25, 2024, 10:56:59 AMGreat news that these lads are back. A strange but welcome communication from the county manager by way of a player update as its been speculation and rumour as to who's fit and who's not.

I just hope its not too late in the day to bring lads into a panel. I don't know much about S&C but hope they've all kept themselves in good nick - to be able to compete in Leinster champ.

Ger Walsh a starter for sure, could slot right into full back to most likely line TJ Reid in the first game. The Kilkenny half back line were outstanding on Sat again Limerick (Paddy Deegan etc..). Our half fwds will have the work cut out for them.

But very positive! 

Dunloy lads all went deep into club football season. Im sure they havent dropped all the gym work either and they've 4 weeks to top up the fitness which will probably be off, as will the injured players obviously. Portugal training weekend would potentially get guts of 2 weeks worth of training done in 4 days