Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Quote from: Bearly on loose on August 02, 2016, 12:21:21 PM
Ballymartin play on Monday then forced to play again 3 days later? Hardly fair
glasdrumman v an riocht and ballymartin v rostrevor switched to monday night.
nil satis nisi optimum

The Raven

Quote from: meatsy86 on August 02, 2016, 12:18:02 PM
Can't see much of crowd going to Attical on Saturday, what with Tyrone & Mayo on at 4pm. Surely not fair on the competing teams and their supporters. Whoever sets the dates and times needs their heads examined.

Who in their right mind would want to watch that sh?te on TV anyway

meatsy86

Quote from: The Raven on August 03, 2016, 12:19:08 AM
Can't see much of crowd going to Attical on Saturday, what with Tyrone & Mayo on at 4pm. Surely not fair on the competing teams and their supporters. Whoever sets the dates and times needs their heads examined.

Anyone with a love for Gaelic Games lad!!!

The Raven

Quote from: meatsy86 on August 03, 2016, 01:56:46 PM
Quote from: The Raven on August 03, 2016, 12:19:08 AM

Anyone with a love for Gaelic Games lad!!!

To watch Tyrone play some form of rugby league, no thanks

oileain blues

Tipperarys performance last week was a breath of fresh air, but the powerhouses of Tyrone and Dublin will eat and shit teams like Tipp, in saying that I wish te fcuk Down management would look at Tipps style of play, met a Kerry lad last week and he was giving of about puke foot ball , he musnt be watching his team lately !!
Are Kilcoo beatable ? in my opinion no, there that little bit better than whats in Down, problem is that they have two chances to win Down title,sad to see all the bickering on here ,nothing has changed and barring a death in the family nothing will, the good times are a distant memory,and wont be around for another few years so its Kilcoo for Down sfc ,An Riocht ifc, and  Dundrum for jfc, Dublin for AI, - HURLING ??

Hedgehunter

I think Drumgath will have something to say about the Junior tbh..

rosskarr

Quote from: oileain blues on August 04, 2016, 10:23:33 AM
Tipperarys performance last week was a breath of fresh air, but the powerhouses of Tyrone and Dublin will eat and shit teams like Tipp, in saying that I wish te fcuk Down management would look at Tipps style of play, met a Kerry lad last week and he was giving of about puke foot ball , he musnt be watching his team lately !!
Are Kilcoo beatable ? in my opinion no, there that little bit better than whats in Down, problem is that they have two chances to win Down title,sad to see all the bickering on here ,nothing has changed and barring a death in the family nothing will, the good times are a distant memory,and wont be around for another few years so its Kilcoo for Down sfc ,An Riocht ifc, and  Dundrum for jfc, Dublin for AI, - HURLING ??
Brilliant and insightful.ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

oileain blues

What I like about this forum is the Nos of football experts on here Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Down Follower

Should be an enjoyable nights football tonight in Parc Esler. Two local derbies, four of the best teams in the County. Should be good.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Hedgehunter on August 04, 2016, 12:22:17 PM
I think Drumgath will have something to say about the Junior tbh..

Dundrum beat all Division 3 teams they have played in Challenge games this year.. I'd look out for Ardlgass though, could prove a tricky opponent for all in the JFC, if I remember they ran Glassdrumman close in the JFC Final last year.

Brick Tamlin

So after a full weekend of club championship action there aren't too many shocks or news stories.
Couldn't pick a handful of county standard players out of a lot of the games I attended.

Kilcoo woeful, letting a Burren team with Dan McCartan in their forward line beat them. Typical indiscipline and daftness sees them finish the game with 13 and hand the game on a plate to Burren.

Clonduff stroll past a weak Bridge team and now there is war in the Bridge camp. Be interesting to see how they react to this defeat. Be even more interesting to see who will be at the helm for the next game.

Castlewellan might find that the defeat to Bryansford could give them the kick up the hole they need.

Intermediate looks like its between An Riocht and Darragh Cross at the minute.

On another note, Taylor Louden of RGU was the brightest spark of talent id seen all weekend. The kid looks to have it all. That's the type of player needs to be nurtured and put on a path so he will be producing the goods for the county for forseaable future. Only a cub but he looks like a fantastic talent. Hopefully RGU can keep him away from the soccer shite for as long as possible.

whitegoodman

You are full of the joys of Spring this morning Brick !!!!

Brick Tamlin

rosskarr

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on August 09, 2016, 09:56:49 AM
So after a full weekend of club championship action there aren't too many shocks or news stories.
Couldn't pick a handful of county standard players out of a lot of the games I attended.

Kilcoo woeful, letting a Burren team with Dan McCartan in their forward line beat them. Typical indiscipline and daftness sees them finish the game with 13 and hand the game on a plate to Burren.

Clonduff stroll past a weak Bridge team and now there is war in the Bridge camp. Be interesting to see how they react to this defeat. Be even more interesting to see who will be at the helm for the next game.

Castlewellan might find that the defeat to Bryansford could give them the kick up the hole they need.

Intermediate looks like its between An Riocht and Darragh Cross at the minute.

On another note, Taylor Louden of RGU was the brightest spark of talent id seen all weekend. The kid looks to have it all. That's the type of player needs to be nurtured and put on a path so he will be producing the goods for the county for forseaable future. Only a cub but he looks like a fantastic talent. Hopefully RGU can keep him away from the soccer shite for as long as possible.
Taylor is indeed a good footballer but he'd need to grow a few inches to make it.Not a lot of quality in any of the games I saw.No Championship Passes anymore,costing a fortune to see all that I wanted to see this past few weeks.

Smurfy123

Kilcoo bounce back with a handy win today
Still my favourites for the championship but would be massive if the Johnstones return for them
Ballyholland and Glenn will be disappointed with their seasons
Glenn fancied themselves to win it this year as they held all players back from playing county?