Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

True Blue

Quote from: wobbller on July 29, 2016, 11:16:20 AM
Quote from: True Blue on July 29, 2016, 08:55:54 AM
Some preview for tonight's match in Esler between Mayobridge & Rostrevor.

According to Shaun Mahoney of the Irish News Caolan Mooney will be starting for the Reds & Mickey Walsh is still managing the Bridge.

Quality Research!!!!!
Is it Shaun or Sean Mahoney?  I think this Sean/Shaun Mahoney doesn't exist and it's a pseudonym for Tony Bagnall

Definitely Shaun!!!!! Wobbler pseudonym or not that is terrible. Surely Tony (if it is him) knows Mooney is in NY & that Frank Dawson is in charge of the Bridge.

I would expect a bit more quality from the Irish News!!!

Looking forward to the 2 games tonight particularly the 2nd game. Can the Harps prove that they we're not a one season wonder?

Surely we will get 2 better games than were played in Clonduff last night.

Although having said that Saval were missing a number of players & Kilcoo can only play what's put in front of them.

Pre IFC favourites An Riocht & Liatroim will have learned nothing from watching Drumaness beat Bosco. Very poor match!
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

wobbller

Quote from: True Blue on July 29, 2016, 11:44:01 AM

According to Shaun Mahoney of the Irish News Caolan Mooney will be starting for the Reds & Mickey Walsh is still managing the Bridge.

Quality Research!!!!!
Is it Shaun or Sean Mahoney?  I think this Sean/Shaun Mahoney doesn't exist and it's a pseudonym for Tony Bagnall

Definitely Shaun!!!!! Wobbler pseudonym or not that is terrible. Surely Tony (if it is him) knows Mooney is in NY & that Frank Dawson is in charge of the Bridge.

Looking forward to the 2 games tonight particularly the 2nd game. Can the Harps prove that they we're not a one season wonder?

Although having said that Saval were missing a number of players & Kilcoo can only play what's put in front of them.

Pre IFC favourites An Riocht & Liatroim will have learned nothing from watching Drumaness beat Bosco. Very poor match!
Shaun and Sean have both been used in previous Irish News articles. Quite pathetic really that they can't get basic info correct including who the actual journalist is also.

Square Ball

[/quote]

what makes them favorites?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

OgraAnDun

Quote from: wobbller on July 29, 2016, 03:26:01 PM
Quote from: True Blue on July 29, 2016, 11:44:01 AM

Quality Research!!!!!

Shaun and Sean have both been used in previous Irish News articles. Quite pathetic really that they can't get basic info correct including who the actual journalist is also.

The IN regularly posts incorrect information for club games, in my experience, regardless of the journalist.

Smurfy123

2 very poor games in Newry tonight
The first game was tense at the end but what the hell has gone wrong in Mayobridge?
They were woeful or was it Rostrevor were good?
The 2nd game was played in 3rd gear
I've been Poachers biggest fan but Ballyholland have went back from last year?
Clonduff the much better team

ranch

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 29, 2016, 10:00:33 PM
2 very poor games in Newry tonight
The first game was tense at the end but what the hell has gone wrong in Mayobridge?
They were woeful or was it Rostrevor were good?
The 2nd game was played in 3rd gear
I've been Poachers biggest fan but Ballyholland have went back from last year?
Clonduff the much better team

I have to agree. A Glenn man advised me that Mayobridge had a lot missing tonight and that they were nowhere near worth betting on at 1/10. Still, Rostrevor should take a lot from tonight, totally dominated the 2nd half.
As for the 2nd game, at no stage did it ever feel like Clonduff would lose that match. Even after going 3 points down early on then conceding a goal before HT, they always looked comfortable and the most likely to push on. For all the credit Poacher receives as a tactical manager (and I'm the first to admit his strengths in this area), it seemed Ballyholland had no answer to the long ball to A.McConville once he was brought on.

charlieTully

Some second half from Bryansford tonight. Danny savage is a quality forward. Some fantastic free taking from Mattie Bagnal as well.

DownFanatic

Quote from: charlieTully on July 31, 2016, 10:07:49 PM
Some second half from Bryansford tonight. Danny savage is a quality forward. Some fantastic free taking from Mattie Bagnal as well.

Savage ended up with about 0-13. Ford finished very strong in last quarter and their substitutions worked really well.
Niall McParland is a county standard midfielder and put in a serious shift tonight.

ranch

Niall McParland was very good for Glenn, especially in the first half and Liam Bagnall did a decent man marking job on Maginn I thought. Savage was brilliant to watch and got better as the game went on. Bryansford were trailing 1-12 to 0-10 with about 20 minutes left, to outscore Glenn by 1-10 to 0-01 from there on shows how they dominated the final period of the match.

Clann na Banna were very poor in the first game. The no.11 and 14 for Saul were excellent.

ranch

SFC Next round of championship
Kilcoo v Burren
Downpatrick v Warrenpoint
Castlewellan v Bryansford
Mayobridge v Clonduff

SFC back door
Ballyholland v Glenn
Saval v Longstone
Loughinisland v Annaclone
Rostrevor v Ballymartin

Samforever

County treasurer will be rubbing his hands with glee at that draw!

5 Sams

The championship second round times and venues are as follows;

Thurs 4th in Burren- Glasdrumman v An Riocht 6.30,  Rostrevor v Ballymartin 8.00

Thurs 4th Aug in Newcastle-  Kilclief v Dromara 6.30,  Saul v Bredagh 8.00

Fri 5th Aug in Newry-  Mayobridge v Clonduff 6.30,  Bryansford v Castlewellan 8.00

Fri 5th Aug in Kilcoo-  Clann na Banna v Atticall 6.30,  Liatroim v Tullylish 8.00

Sat 6th Aug in Atticall-  St.John's v Drumaness 1.30,  Longstone v Saval 3.00

Sun 6th Aug in Castlewellan- Bosco v Carryduff 2.00,  Loughinisland v Annaclone 3.30

Sun 6th Aug in Newry-  Glenn v Ballyholland 6.00,  Kilcoo v Burren 7.30

Mon 7th Aug in Hilltown-  Shamrocks v Darragh Cross 6.30,  CPN v RGU 8.00
The Aristocrat Years

Smurfy123

What a draw that was.You couldn't have hand picked them any better
Worst possible draw for Burren in my opinion.If they beat Kilcoo it will mean nothing if they are beaten it will play with their heads
The losers group games are also hard to call

meatsy86

Can't see much of crowd going to Attical on Saturday, what with Tyrone & Mayo on at 4pm. Surely not fair on the competing teams and their supporters. Whoever sets the dates and times needs their heads examined.

Bearly on loose

Ballymartin play on Monday then forced to play again 3 days later? Hardly fair