FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Since Mccarthy took over he has been trying to get 3 or 4 English players on to declare. Nathan Redmond, Patrick Bamford, Will Keane. Redmond was capped for England but was a friendly.
It's just as well Mccarthy has the job for just 2 years, getting a load of Journeymen is no use.
Stephen Kenny will look into it different. He will know what's coming through from U21 and players in LOI.

Dolph1

Disappointing. The friendly loophole has to be closed. If you pull on a jersey at under 21 or senior then that should be it.

I hope he has a Grealish-esque career for England.
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

BennyCake

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 13, 2019, 04:53:01 PM
Quote from: highorlow on February 13, 2019, 04:08:01 PM
https://twitter.com/FAIreland?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Rice not playing for us, confirmed.

I suppose the online abuse will now commence. Pity he would have been a good addition.

They must feel a bit stupid about their birthday tweet now.

That was just as arselickery as thon thank you card to the EU.

Even if Rice had declared for Ireland, he would have still tainted his reputation in my book, the fact that he actually took the time to even consider England. Now he's declared for them, well... whatever.

So, not surprised. Fcuk him. Whatever. Move on.

seafoid

In a united Ireland which Football Association would represent the country ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Quote from: seafoid on February 13, 2019, 05:40:43 PM

If that happened, I reckon the IFA would continue to play friendlies like Catalonia and Northern Cyprus do.

Capt Pat

That is disalpointing news about Rice. We will have to try and get by without him.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 13, 2019, 06:53:51 PM
That is disalpointing news about Rice. We will have to try and get by without him.

Time to move on!

TheMaster

Dont need him. Time FAI started proper structurefor young players instead chasing English players. We got a couple from Scotland and the north in recent years. Chaps like Andy Townsend, John Aldridge, Mark Lawrence and Tony Cascarino pick and choose when they declare themselves as irish

dec

The IFA is a memebr of IFAB, it has a longer history and it originally represented the whole of Ireland.

BennyCake

Quote from: dec on February 13, 2019, 08:38:24 PM

The IFA is a memebr of IFAB, it has a longer history and it originally represented the whole of Ireland.

Hmm, they had a history of picking players only from the north, even before the north existed. So they basically were the same as what they are now, representing one side.

Itchy

Let him f**k off the bollix. I hope he ends up playing Jack grealish in the championship. All about the money. Forget him, move on with what we have.

dec

Quote from: BennyCake on February 13, 2019, 08:43:38 PM
Quote from: dec on February 13, 2019, 08:38:24 PM

Hmm, they had a history of picking players only from the north, even before the north existed. So they basically were the same as what they are now, representing one side.

When Ireland won the British Home Championship for the first time in 1914 their top scorers were Bill Lacey from Wexford and Billy Gillespie from Donegal

LCohen

Quote from: Itchy on February 13, 2019, 09:22:03 PM
Let him f**k off the bollix. I hope he ends up playing Jack grealish in the championship. All about the money. Forget him, move on with what we have.

Lad from England, born in England, of English parents developed through the English club system decides to play for England and this is your reaction?

macdanger2

Pity that Rice didn't choose Ireland, would wish him good luck if he had done it before he played two senior games for us but no point dwelling on it.

I think once you play at a level above 18s, you should be locked in. Make your decision then and stick with it. Friendlies should count in this regard.

In more positive news, I see Ryan Nolan is named in the Inter squad for the EL tomorrow night