Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Best of luck to the under 20s tomorrow against Derry.

Sportacus

Did that Derry side reach an All Ireland minor final?

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Sportacus on February 14, 2020, 11:54:10 PM
Did that Derry side reach an All Ireland minor final?
No it was last year's under 20 team   that got to the minor  final in 2017

Sportacus

Thanks.  I saw them in Croke Park.  They were a good team but I think they got mullered by David Clifford.

Dunsilly King

Hadn't far to travel today for the championship game with Derry, game called off, I'm hearing from v good sources it was because Antrim hadn't lined the pitch, only flags put out, surface was fine. If this is true and I had no reason to doubt my source, like wtf is going on, seriously wtf???

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunsilly King on February 15, 2020, 06:35:22 PM
Hadn't far to travel today for the championship game with Derry, game called off, I'm hearing from v good sources it was because Antrim hadn't lined the pitch, only flags put out, surface was fine. If this is true and I had no reason to doubt my source, like wtf is going on, seriously wtf???

Maybe an oversight? 😉

bannside

Wicklow three points up 5 mins left. Stay that way.

bannside

Wicklow won by 5. League wide open...though we have to go there in a month. No easy games in this division.

imtommygunn

Wicklow a tough place to get a result.

Rawhide

I was told this as well from a ref. How embarrassing, if true surely Antrim shouldn't get playing in the rescheduled game. The pitch was playable on Saturday
cccc is a true supporter lol

Calm Down

Lads does anyone have the fixtures for Div 2 & 3? it is due to start in less than 2 weeks and the County website does not have them detailed

Hoof Hearted

Ardoyne v randalstown
Dunloy v st Theresa's
Ballymena v aldergrove
Moneyglass v st Paul's

Sunday march 1st
That's all I know
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bannside

Saffron Gael has just completed a trawl through all the club managements for the coming season. St Galls taking things seriously two lough shore men involved in a SIX man management team. Six men picking a team....that could be fun. Big Sean Fleming going to get plenty of advice too. Six at Rossa?as well!

Serious question though. Does anyone know exactly who is allowed inside the wire. Eg are all six allowed??

Sportacus

Quote from: Rawhide on February 17, 2020, 10:55:13 AM

I was told this as well from a ref. How embarrassing, if true surely Antrim shouldn't get playing in the rescheduled game. The pitch was playable on Saturday
Lads, when was the last time any of you lined a pitch.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Sportacus on February 17, 2020, 09:11:37 PM
Quote from: Rawhide on February 17, 2020, 10:55:13 AM

Lads, when was the last time any of you lined a pitch.

Sure what would it matter it the rain would of washed it off?