2018 NFL Division 2

Started by tippabu, December 31, 2017, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 20, 2018, 03:08:45 PM
If needed the outstanding games go ahead Easter weekend .
If The Tipp game has a bearing on the Final that meaningless game will be on the 7th or 8th of April.

The whole GAA calendar depends on Cavan winning..

Westside

Cavan being put at a disadvantage here. We're being put in a situation where we have to win even though a draw may do but we won't know because of the fixtures.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Westside on March 20, 2018, 04:20:46 PM
Cavan being put at a disadvantage here. We're being put in a situation where we have to win even though a draw may do but we won't know because of the fixtures.

How can you play for a draw? Not soccer. Go out and try to win.

Westside

Quote from: mrdeeds on March 20, 2018, 04:26:41 PM

You don't play for a draw but the opportunity may well present itself. It's not a huge disadvantage but it's there nonetheless.

OgraAnDun

Cavan have a free on the 14 in the last minute of the game when they're a point down. Do they stick it over the bar to secure the draw, or try and work a goal to win and risk losing everything? 

Syferus

Quote from: OgraAnDun on March 20, 2018, 05:46:16 PM

Cavan have a free on the 14 in the last minute of the game when they're a point down. Do they stick it over the bar to secure the draw, or try and work a goal to win and risk losing everything?

If they'd been good enough to beat us they wouldn't have had this problem.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Syferus on March 20, 2018, 05:51:08 PM

That's not really the point, is it? You'd be crying louder than anyone if Roscommon were in Cavan's position.

Rossfan

Usual silly comment by Syfīn.
He's " tearing up a forest" on stolen-sheep today.

An unsatisfactory way to end a League.
I suspect the fixtures calendar is in for further overhauling for 2019.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Rossfan on March 20, 2018, 06:17:57 PM
Usual silly comment by Syfīn.
He's " tearing up a forest" on stolen-sheep today.

An unsatisfactory way to end a League.
I suspect the fixtures calendar is in for further overhauling for 2019.

I'm disappointed I can't view Stolen-sheep without registering.

Syferus

Quote from: OgraAnDun on March 20, 2018, 05:54:29 PM

That's not really the point, is it? You'd be crying louder than anyone if Roscommon were in Cavan's position.

I'm messing you wee eejit.

It's stupid but it's not going to change.

tippabu

Id have sympathy over the final weekend being played and some games to go. For me the cavan game was always shit or bust, I cant see roscommon losing to a cork team with nothing to play for. Hopefully the tipp down game has no bearing at all on promotion or relegation.

On the game, looks like it should be a cracker, we came from 6 down at ht in breffini last year in the championship to go 6 up and eventually win by 3. We have certainly improved from the team and panel we had that day, we have played two knockout games in cavan the last two years and won both memorably so its a venue we've fond memories of but Cavan have had a really solid league campaign so far and are unbeaten at home. If you look at the results we both lost to roscommon by two and both drew with clare in ennis, the wins we had against the same oppositions were almost by identical margins. Hopefully in the same way i hope the way fixtures are set out has no bearing, hopefully nobodies talking about the ref or any other controversial things after it.

weareros

Quote from: Syferus on March 20, 2018, 06:44:33 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on March 20, 2018, 05:54:29 PM

I'm messing you wee eejit.

It's stupid but it's not going to change.

I think it was Loneshark that pointed out on SS that Roscommon would be at a disadvantage too. Because if Tipp beat Cavan (likely I think), and Cork beat Roscommon (possible), then Tipp with superior scoring average can afford to lose comfortably to Down and still go up. Cavan would then go up too.

tippabu

Any recommendations for somewhere we'd get a bit of grub and watch the tipp dublin match in cavan before the football?

Westside

Quote from: tippabu on March 22, 2018, 09:04:58 PM
Any recommendations for somewhere we'd get a bit of grub and watch the tipp dublin match in cavan before the football?

The Meadowview, it's up near the pitch and does good food. Get in early though! Best of luck Sunday. Nothing between the teams so hopefully a great battle in store.

tippabu

Quote from: Westside on March 22, 2018, 09:40:37 PM
Quote from: tippabu on March 22, 2018, 09:04:58 PM

The Meadowview, it's up near the pitch and does good food. Get in early though! Best of luck Sunday. Nothing between the teams so hopefully a great battle in store.

good man. Yeah really looking forward to sunday, on paper its basically a championship match with nothing between the teams. I hope everything gets sorted this weekend and theres nothing over how the fixtures have been done. May the best team on the day win