2018 NFL Division 2

Started by tippabu, December 31, 2017, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Read what I wrote y'eejit.
He singled out one player for loud and public criticism which was bad form.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on February 25, 2018, 09:09:08 PM
Read what I wrote y'eejit.
He singled out one player for loud and public criticism which was bad form.

Wasn't Donie nearly black carded amid his great run? I remember McHale having to run on the field
against Tipp and give him a bit of a shove away from the buck he was engaging to calm him down. If they're hard on Donie it's only because they know the talent he has and that he'll waste with silly headless play.

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on February 25, 2018, 08:42:00 PM
Meath are circling the trapdoor.

Meath have cork next weekend, lose that and they are in serious bother as Clare could get another win in Ennis - maybe next weekend against Roscommon?

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on February 25, 2018, 09:44:57 PM

Meath have cork next weekend, lose that and they are in serious bother as Clare could get another win in Ennis - maybe next weekend against Roscommon?

In your dreams.

thejuice

Sure we're within only 2 points of the promotion places. We'll be grand.  8)
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on February 25, 2018, 09:46:01 PM

In your dreams.

Well I was basing that on the facts that Roscommon haven't started training yet and may possibly be wearing wrong boots. Of course the ref will also be against them too.

Westside

Roscommon even money to get promoted. Giving money away.

I think it's a toss up between ourselves and Tipp to go up with the Rossies but I'd give Tipp a slight advantage at this stage. They'll beat Louth but we will get it tough against Down.

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on February 25, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 25, 2018, 09:46:01 PM

In your dreams.

Well I was basing that on the facts that Roscommon haven't started training yet and may possibly be wearing wrong boots. Of course the ref will also be against them too.

Still wouldn't stop us beating Cavan, though.

Targetman

Quote from: Westside on February 25, 2018, 10:03:22 PM

I think it's a toss up between ourselves and Tipp to go up with the Rossies but I'd give Tipp a slight advantage at this stage. They'll beat Louth but we will get it tough against Down.
Not the Down that I seen today!!

tippabu

Quote from: Westside on February 25, 2018, 10:03:22 PM

Doesnt seem to be anything between cavan and tipp so far, from the opening 3 games we both drew with clare, tipp beat meath at home by 8 cavan did the same by 5 and tipp beat cork away by 6 cavan did the same by 3. If you offered me a winners take all match final game for promotion id take it but thats a long way off yet

Dinny Breen

We'll be back home soon enough. Just packing up a few things..
#newbridgeornowhere

tippabu

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 26, 2018, 04:13:48 PM

I was actually looking at yer results and take dublin game out of it 2 1 point losses and 1 2 point loss, its not looking promising but up to now ye have been very competitive up there

Dinny Breen

And they led Dublin at half-time. Decision making particularly around shot selection and when to carry have been poor as you just have less time to think about, that and the step up in physicality. Steep learning curve but the attitude has been good, a little bit more luck and they could have been sitting on 6 points such are the fine margins in Division 1.
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Quote from: tippabu on February 26, 2018, 04:32:07 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 26, 2018, 04:13:48 PM

I was actually looking at yer results and take dublin game out of it 2 1 point losses and 1 2 point loss, its not looking promising but up to now ye have been very competitive up there

You have to take that in the context of the big teams not being too bothered and Kildare
going hell for leather like Galway are. The difference between those two teams' point totals is more of a telling factor as to where Kildare sit at the minute.

Honestly, there's less of a gap between Kerry and Meath right now than there is between Dublin and Kerry. A race for second place.

Rossfan

Time to get this thread back to the limelight.
All to play for still.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM