2018 NFL Division 2

Started by tippabu, December 31, 2017, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Would expect wins for Tipp,Meath,Down and Cavan this weekend.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

tippabu

Week 2's betting.

Cavan Louth....cant see past cavan
Down Cork....Cant call, If cork are missing powter and mcguire they will find it really tough, down its hard to judge them on the first game as its hard to know if down were good or louth were just poor, maybe a bit of both.
Tipp roscommon....50/50, could go either way
Meath Clare....Meath win

ardtole

I see Louth are 3/1 to beat Cavan,  I think they are worth a punt at that price. They are a big physical side and they will pick up a few points along the way. Rumours from Cavan suggest it's not a very happy camp either. They had Down on the ropes midway through the second half, and only a goal somewhat against the run of play gave us a bit of breathing space.

OgraAnDun

Cavan v Louth
Down v Cork
Tipp v Roscommon
Meath v Clare

I think the Rossies recent experience of being in Div 1 rubbing shoulders with the big boys week in, week out will stand by them against Tipp, who won't have such an experience. I think Clare are generous enough with those odds, but I suppose it's difficult to judge what the Cavan result means with all the rumours about Cavan. The other two games are very close, just going with a guess really.

Westside

Cavan have an atrocious home record. 3/1 is a massive price on Louth.

Targetman

Seen Louth against us last week and they're a poor enough side, but 1/3 is very short for Cavan

twohands!!!

Powter out for Cork for up to three months with a hamstring injury.

http://www.the42.ie/cork-sean-powter-football-3826330-Jan2018/

tippabu

Quote from: twohands!!! on January 31, 2018, 08:19:41 PM
Powter out for Cork for up to three months with a hamstring injury.

http://www.the42.ie/cork-sean-powter-football-3826330-Jan2018/

Huge blow for them, they should stay up comfortably enough but cant see them challenging for a promotion spot

tippabu

seafoid

Quote from: tippabu on February 01, 2018, 09:38:47 PM

Nobody from Aherlow on the team. I imagine Eddie Moroney is very happy to be in D2-
Would Loughmore-Castleiney and Eire Og annacarty not be more famous for their hurlers ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

macdanger2

tippabu

loughmore are the 3rd most successful football team in tipp 3 being commercials, they are an out and out dual club. Noel and john mcgrath would be on the football panel and pushing hard for starting spots if they werent with the hurlers.

Cunny Funt

Looks close enough to what would be the Tipp championship team.

twohands!!!

1. Mark White (Clonakilty)
2. Sam Ryan (St Finbarrs)
3. Jamie O Sullivan (Bishopstown)
4. Micheal McSweeney (Newcestown)
5. Kevin Flahive (Douglas)
6. Brian O Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)
7. Tom Clancy (Fermoy)
8. Ian Maguire (St Finbarrs) Captain
9. Cillian O Hanlon (Kilshannig)
10. Sean White (Clonakilty)
11. Kevin Crowley (Millstreet)
12. Ruairi Deane (Bantry Blues)
13. John O Rourke (Carbery Rangers)
14. Colm O Neill (Ballyclough)
15. Mark Collins (Castlehaven)
Subs:
16. Ryan Price (O Donovan Rossa)
17. Conor Dorman (Bishopstown)
18. Matthew Taylor (Mallow)
19. Daniel O Callaghan (Clyda Rovers)
20. Kevin O Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)
21. Cian Dorgan (Ballincollig)
22. Michael Hurley (Castlehaven)
23. Peter Kelleher (Kimichael)
24. Stephen Sherlock (St Finbarrs)

No surprise to see Colm O'Neill come in - he was the only one of the Cork subs to have an impact v Tipp.
Not much of a surprise to see Conor Dorman or Daniel O Callaghan drop to the bench.

Cork only named a panel of 24 as opposed to 26 again - no idea what they are playing at.

tippabu

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 01, 2018, 10:14:27 PM
Looks close enough to what would be the Tipp championship team.

If that's our 15 come championship I'll be very happy. Paddy codd will be pushing to get back in the full back line, there's a couple will be doing the same for the halfback line. Midfield should be Casey and Hannigan competing for 1 spot, hopefully Casey goes well because hannigans experience come the later stages of the game will be important. Front 6 is the strongest we have for me