Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClubScene13

Quote from: LeoMc on September 06, 2022, 01:59:38 PM
Quote from: ClubScene13 on September 06, 2022, 12:35:28 PM
When should we expect the League final to be played then with championship so close?
In theory Trillick play their league semi final Saturday 10th September, with the 1st round of the championship vs Dungannon taking place on Thursday 22nd September.
Would imagine you could be looking at a league final on a Wednesday / Thursday night maybe, to give them a break before taking on a well rested Clarkes team.
:D
Carrickmore don't play Coalisland until Monday 26th so should be ok for a final on Saturday 17th.

Entirely possible Carrickmore are the team who make the league final yes. Just will be interesting to see what they do with it should it be Trillick with championship coming around sharpish.

clarshack

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 06, 2022, 04:33:08 PM
Thought it would be worth tallying up the amount of reserve football league games forfeited or not played during 2022, not sure if these figures have been better/worse than the past few years. Figures beside each club mentioned is the amount of reserve league games they conceded.

Division 1

Derrylaughan - 6
Moy - 5
Dungannon - 3
Clonoe - 1
Greencastle - 1
Trillick - 1

(Total games forfeited - 17)
(Total games not played - 1)

----

Division 2

Rock - 7
Edendork - 4
Killeeshil - 3
Naomh Eoghan - 3
Gortin - 2
T***yreagh - 2
Beragh - 1
Owen Roes - 1

(Total games forfeited - 23)
(Total games not played - 1)

----

Division 3

Errigal Ciaran III - 12
Castlederg - 11
Killyman - 10
Aghaloo - 6
Brocagh - 5
Donaghmore III - 5
Urney - 4
Augher - 2
Brackaville - 2
Derrytresk - 2
Drumquin - 2

(Total games forfeited - 61)
(Total games not played - 8 )
(Coalisland III did not enter a reserve team)

We finished 6th in the Reserve league despite only winning 2 games lol.

Under Lights

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 06, 2022, 05:24:57 PM
Quote from: clarshack on September 06, 2022, 05:00:11 PM

If my sums are correct, there were 136 Division 3 Reserve football league games fixed.

Of these, 69 were not played (61 forfeited & 8 not played). That leaves 67 games played, less than half that were scheduled (49%).

In Divisions 1 & 2, 120 games were scheduled. 102 were played in Div 1 (85%) & 96 in Div 2 (80%).

If you remove the thirds teams this figure in D3 reserves improves drastically. As already mentioned these thirds teams should be moved to some county board organised recreational league.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Under Lights on September 06, 2022, 07:05:29 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 06, 2022, 05:24:57 PM
Quote from: clarshack on September 06, 2022, 05:00:11 PM

If my sums are correct, there were 136 Division 3 Reserve football league games fixed.

Of these, 69 were not played (61 forfeited & 8 not played). That leaves 67 games played, less than half that were scheduled (49%).

In Divisions 1 & 2, 120 games were scheduled. 102 were played in Div 1 (85%) & 96 in Div 2 (80%).

If you remove the thirds teams this figure in D3 reserves improves drastically. As already mentioned these thirds teams should be moved to some county board organised recreational league.

The only person who consistently has an issue with the 3rds teams is yourself. Nobody else seems as irritated by those teams as you for some reason

redzone

Fair play to any team that provides a thirds team. That's what the gaa is all about, providing games to players

Under Lights

Quote from: redzone on September 06, 2022, 08:59:38 PM
Fair play to any team that provides a thirds team. That's what the gaa is all about, providing games to players

Absolutely, should be an avenue made for these teams without diluting our ACL and championship. A team now have a BYE to a quarter final due to a thirds team pulling out mid season.

Quote from: Under Lights on September 06, 2022, 09:03:00 PM

Absolutely, should be an avenue made for these teams without diluting our ACL and championship. A team now have a BYE to a quarter final due to a thirds team pulling out mid season.

Can I ask what club you come from?

Under Lights

Quote from: 03,05,08 on September 06, 2022, 09:19:41 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 06, 2022, 09:03:00 PM

Can I ask what club you come from?

Can I ask for your long card number, expiry date and three digits on the back?

Under Lights

I was told yesterday evening that some of the venues selected for championship games this year will be reconsidered as they have failed the 5G signal test required for Tyrone TV. A few games will need rehomed.

uptheblues

Quote from: Under Lights on September 07, 2022, 06:52:33 AM
I was told yesterday evening that some of the venues selected for championship games this year will be reconsidered as they have failed the 5G signal test required for Tyrone TV. A few games will need rehomed.

Hearing this myself, also hearing the very not so popular Garvaghey is being considered for a number of games.

oakleaflad

Quote from: uptheblues on September 07, 2022, 09:42:33 AM

Hearing this myself, also hearing the very not so popular Garvaghey is being considered for a number of games.
You may have to go to another county. I didn't think 5G had rolled out anywhere in Tyrone?

Under Lights

Quote from: oakleaflad on September 07, 2022, 10:50:35 AM
Quote from: uptheblues on September 07, 2022, 09:42:33 AM

You may have to go to another county. I didn't think 5G had rolled out anywhere in Tyrone?

I may have my Gs mixed up and it could just be the 4G signal, someone knows, I don't. But games are being changed.
Fintona Training Pitch for all.

clarshack

what's the story with online tickets for the championship games. no links as yet for this sunday's games?

In hiding

Which venues are unsuitable

square_ball