Your County's Player of the year

Started by Throw ball, September 21, 2014, 09:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Shane Walsh

Honourable mentions to Michael Lundy and Tom Flynn.

Old yeller

CAVAN
A tough ask for Cavan to follow last years success, but a lot of positives to be taken from our league campaign. For me ourmost  encouraging player this year has been Conor Moynagh. He helped us to the Junior A.I and looks like he could develop into a serious player,  great at reading the game and always looks comfortable on the ball.  In the seniors I would say Cillian Clarke ( when playing) has been our one truly class player. Hopefully we can get a few forwards on the list next year, but that doesnt look likely with the style we're playing at the moment

ballinaman

Cillian, and he didn't kick a ball from final 2013 until late March..phenomenal season.

Ohtoohtobe

Tommy Moolick definitely the most improved. Padraig O'Neill the most consistent.

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: Syferus on September 21, 2014, 10:20:37 PM
Roscommon: Kevin Higgins. Always had talent; he became a real leader and a consistent threat this year. Neil Collins a close second.

Ehh? Im confused,  surely Cregger is player of the year for the rossies, after all he is the finest talent that ever kicked a ball, in fact he should be player of the year in the country according to your expert opinion :-) :-) Also as per the title it was "your counties best player" so in your case that means Mayo as well seeing that you are their greatest  supporter

BennyHarp

I cant remember if anyone played well for Tyrone.
That was never a square ball!!

GJL

Dinny Breen

Fergal Conway, Ollie Lyons and Alan Smith were the stand-outs but for attitude commitment and work-rate I would have Tommy Moolick as Kildare's player of the year, plus he scored probably one of the goals of the season.
#newbridgeornowhere

PAULD123

For down, we had a very poor season. Virtually no player performed consistently to anywhere near the standard they had the potential for. I thought most players had sporadic moments of influence and far too many of inadequacy. Only one player stood out as putting in a 100% committed and high standard shift for every game. So Connor Laverty would be my Down player of the year.

tonto1888

Quote from: Throw ball on September 21, 2014, 09:57:51 PM
As it is the end of the county season each county must have their own player of the year. So what is your county, who is your player of the year and why?

County: Armagh
POY: Andy Mallon
Why: led the defence well throughout the league when injuries robbed the team of many players. Defended well in championship and also managed to get up the field for a few scores.

Hard to disagree but I will. Going to go for Findon. I think he will be a mainstay in the team for years and given his age and the position he plays it was a very good year for him

Jinxy

And the Keoghan medal for Meath's best player goes to (drumroll)...... Donal Keoghan!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

general_lee

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 22, 2014, 11:36:25 AM
As it is the end of the county season each county must have their own player of the year. So what is your county, who is your player of the year and why?

Why: led the defence well throughout the league when injuries robbed the team of many players. Defended well in championship and also managed to get up the field for a few scores.

Hard to disagree but I will. Going to go for Findon. I think he will be a mainstay in the team for years and given his age and the position he plays it was a very good year for him
Stefan Campbell for me.

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on September 21, 2014, 10:09:06 PM
We didn't have a year.

I thought Cormac Reilly was very influential this year.  ;)
MWWSI 2017

tonto1888

Quote from: general_lee on September 22, 2014, 01:08:36 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on September 22, 2014, 11:36:25 AM

Stefan Campbell for me.

yes, he had a very good year and I look forward to seeing more progression from him. From the whole team actually. For the first time in a long while I am optimistic about Armagh