Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5times5times

After Brannigans antics v Carryduff I hope he never pulls on the Down jersey ever again.

But what else would you expect from the holier than thou sheepmen...

seanyb

Quote from: 5times5times on May 18, 2023, 03:36:29 PM
After Brannigans antics v Carryduff I hope he never pulls on the Down jersey ever again.

Just seen the video...absolute tr**p

meatsy86

The biggest question to answer here is why were County men allowed to play last night when the rest will be starred come Friday night. Have heard James Guinness and Ryan McEvoy also played, correct me if im wrong. Either they wont be involved against Tipperary on Sunday or all other County players are available for clubs on Friday night.

JimStynes

Quote from: seanyb on May 18, 2023, 04:16:18 PM

Cowardly act. When was this? I hope he got a smack in the mouth in retaliation for it!

naka

Quote from: JimStynes on May 18, 2023, 04:44:57 PM
Quote from: seanyb on May 18, 2023, 04:16:18 PM

Cowardly act. When was this? I hope he got a smack in the mouth in retaliation for it!
agreed, cowardly and should be banned, was passed the video like a fair few and it was totally unwarranted and vicious 

Mourne Red

naka

young Carryduff lad scored a goal( josh connery?) and was simply running out after scoring,  he was punched in the mouth by Brannigan
the young Carryduff guy was actually shocked that he was hit as it was totally unexpected.
word is teeth broken( can`t  confirm)
disgraceful act but the good thing if there is such a good thing in this scenario is that it is plainly seen on video

Town Gael

I hope he never pulls on a Down jersey- not only for being a cowardly shit constantly throughout his career doing things like that but also for the fact he was crap against  both Donegal.and Armagh, he isn't and never will be county standard

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Town Gael on May 18, 2023, 05:30:12 PM

I hope he never pulls on a Down jersey- not only for being a cowardly shit constantly throughout his career doing things like that but also for the fact he was crap against  both Donegal.and Armagh, he isn't and never will be county standard

Doesn't seem up to it at county level at all, and if that's the sort of low life behaviour he engages in at club level then I doubt many will miss him if he doesn't play for Down again.

thebar

OK so like most seen the video circling. Like most people always loved hard hitting football played in the right but fair way. Things of course can happen in the white heat but blatant cheap shots like that done last night are the most cowardly action putting it politely. Not sure who teaches that stuff or were you learn but I'd never want to see that like again on a football field for a long time. Disgusting and no need for it at the end of the day its football we want to watch. Wish the Carryduff lad well shite like that would put you off stripping out again hope he comes back stronger for it.

jmcgdoire

It's a shame how often these kilcoo boys let themselves and their club down. Such a great club with an incredibly talented group of players but when incidents like this keep on cropping up. Whether it's sledging opponents or off the ball dirty antics at some point we have to question the culture that this club is promoting.

Walter Cronc

What a shower! You can guarantee he wouldn't act the hard man away from his home ground!

Johnnysboys

Kilcoo will do what Kilcoo do - deny it, appeal it, cover it up and play him anyhow. No wonder they are hated. But after watching this video clip - how did Eugene get off that pitch unscathed? Only Carryduff players can answer that one.

Quote from: naka on May 18, 2023, 04:56:15 PM
young Carryduff lad scored a goal( josh connery?) and was simply running out after scoring,  he was punched in the mouth by Brannigan
the young Carryduff guy was actually shocked that he was hit as it was totally unexpected.
word is teeth broken( can`t  confirm)
disgraceful act but the good thing if there is such a good thing in this scenario is that it is plainly seen on video

Just seen the video and that is an outrageous act, don't know the context of what happened but it seems that it was pretty unprovoked

Dubh driocht

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 18, 2023, 09:16:24 PM
What a shower! You can guarantee he wouldn't act the hard man away from his home ground!
The game was in Carryduff