Laois - Bits & Pieces

Started by Mossy Bruce, January 31, 2019, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on July 15, 2019, 09:44:16 PM
Club Hurling

I am hoping to start following club hurling. What are the main club hurling competitions in Laois that are somewhat parallel to the Walsh Cup, NHL, Joe McDonagh Cup, etc. in inter-county hurling? And what months of the year are they played? I'm fairly sure I asked this question, long ago, on Laoistalk and I am definitely sure I forgot the answer. :-[

Thanks!

If you go onto the Laois GAA website you can get the fixture list for the club championships. The leagues are wrapping up and the championships are starting up. The group stages of the senior championship have been moved back to August because of the extended run by the senior hurlers

http://www.laoisgaa.ie/ 

The website is pretty poor for everything else except fixtures IMO. Intermediate championship starts this week I think.

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: MasterJ on July 16, 2019, 08:51:37 AM
There is really only a long enough league and the championship. League is played from around start of March and just ended on Wednesday. Championship from late August to Middle of October.

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on July 16, 2019, 10:06:33 AM
If you go onto the Laois GAA website you can get the fixture list for the club championships. The leagues are wrapping up and the championships are starting up. The group stages of the senior championship have been moved back to August because of the extended run by the senior hurlers

http://www.laoisgaa.ie/ 

The website is pretty poor for everything else except fixtures IMO. Intermediate championship starts this week I think.
Thanks, MasterJ and BlueandWhite!
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

GAA-SMART

I see the 14s got Dublin and Galway in the Tony Forristal- How are the team shaping up this year?

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Junior Ex Laoistalk

This is brilliant from TG4, that's the way to do it lads...

QuoteTen GAA matches being broadcast Live on TG4 this weekend
July 24, 2019

TG4 will provide live coverage of no fewer than ten Gaelic Games matches next weekend beginning with the broadcast of Donegal v Mayo on Saturday lunchtime in the TG4 All Ireland Senior Ladies Football Championship.
TG4's cameras will be at Bord na Mona O'Connor Park in Tullamore, Croke Park and at Glennon Brothers Pearse Park in Longford to broadcast live coverage from the Electric Ireland All-Ireland Minor Football Championship Quarter-Finals and Minor Hurling Semi Finals, All-Ireland U20 Football Championship Semi-Finals and the TG4 All Ireland Senior Ladies Football Championship.

TG4's live coverage will be presented by Micheál Ó Domhnaill, Gráinne McElwain, Marcus Ó Buachalla and Cuán Ó Flatharta who will be joined by a host of analysts such as former Cork player Jamie Wall, Galway player Paul Conroy, Clare Football captain Gary Brennan, Waterford Ladies Football star Michelle Ryan, Donal O'Grady, Pat Fleury, Jarlath Burns, Seán Óg de Paor, Cathal Moore, Diarmuid Lyng, Aodán Mac Gearailt, Máire Ní Bhraonáin and Daithí Ó Géibheannaigh.

SATURDAY 27 JULY

1:30pm    TG4 All Ireland Senior Ladies Football Championship, Round 3 - Donegal v Mayo, Live from Bord na Mona O'Connor Park, Tullamore   *Live on TG4 (main channel).

3:15pm    TG4 All Ireland Senior Ladies Football Championship, Round 3 - Armagh v Cork, Live from Bord na Mona O'Connor Park, Tullamore       *Live on SpórtTG4 YouTube

3:00pm    Electric Ireland All-Ireland Minor Football Championship Quarter-Final - Mayo v Dublin, Live from Glennon Brothers Pearse Park, Longford    *Live on SpórtTG4 YouTube

4:00pm    Electric Ireland All-Ireland Minor Hurling Championship Semi-Final, Limerick v Kilkenny, Live from Croke Park    *Live on TG4 (main channel).

5:00pm    EirGrid All-Ireland U20 Football Championship Semi-Final, Galway v Dublin, Live from Glennon Brothers Pearse Park, Longford   *Live on TG4 YouTube and full deferred coverage on TG4 at 7:30pm.

7:00pm    Electric Ireland All-Ireland Minor Football Championship Quarter-Final, Kildare v Galway, Live from Glennon Brothers Pearse Park, Longford   *Live on SpórtTG4 YouTube

SUNDAY 28 JULY

1:30pm    Electric Ireland All-Ireland Minor Hurling Championship Semi-Final – Wexford v Galway, Live from Croke Park    *Live on TG4 (main channel).

2:00pm    Electric Ireland All-Ireland Minor Football Championship Quarter-Final – Kerry v Tyrone, Live from Bord na Mona O'Connor Park, Tullamore    *Live online on TG4.ie

4:00pm    EirGrid All-Ireland U20 Football Championship Semi-Final – Cork v Tyrone, Live from Bord na Mona O'Connor Park, Tullamore   *Live online on TG4.ie

6:00pm    Electric Ireland All-Ireland Minor Football Championship Quarter-Final – Monaghan v Cork, Live from Bord na Mona O'Connor Park, Tullamore         *Live online on TG4.ie

MONDAY 29 JULY
8:00pm     GAA 2019 highlights on TG4
Hour-long highlights from all of the weekend's matches in the All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship Semi Finals, TG4 All Ireland Senior Ladies Football Championship, Electric Ireland All-Ireland Minor Hurling Championship Semi-Finals, EirGrid All-Ireland U20 Football Championship Semi-Finals and Electric Ireland All-Ireland Minor Football Championship Quarter-Finals.

justinn

Just looking at U15 panel - Barrowhouse well represented with seven players.

GAA-SMART

Have to say that was a fantastic performance by the 15s

Chrimtain

Quote from: GAA-SMART on July 27, 2019, 02:45:30 PM

Short one or two as well, I think.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: GAA-SMART on July 27, 2019, 02:45:30 PM
Would it be possible to let everyone who couldn't get there know what happened. Things like if they won or not, how they played and what the score was. This is a forum after all and the idea of it is to share information on games in Laois

merman

Laois A won by a point.
Laois B soundly beaten.

Unsure if it was Cork A/B or they had 2 even/regional teams. I've heard 2 conflicting reports from people at the game.

GAA-SMART

My understanding is Laois A were in the Cup Semi Final v Cork A team which is regional, the cork team in the cup far superior to that in the shield. Conor Counihan and Derek O Connor looking after the Cup team. Laois won 2-10 to 2-09 and played their hearts out and play Kerry in the final. Beaten well in the B but a few people said that was expected as alot of new lads played in that game, Cork have numbers and we struggle numbers wise. Anyway fair play to everyone imvolved there, last year wicklow and offaly bet this team,.improvement under the new lad has been excellent.

Keyser Söze

Good news. Who is the "new lad"? Who else is involved with this team?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......