Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 17, 2020, 09:23:56 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on December 17, 2020, 05:28:06 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 17, 2020, 10:46:08 AM
I see cash isn't a problem in Tyrone anyway these days.

More info please. What are you referring to?

250k surplus in the accounts.

When you compare Tyrone to their peers in the likes of Mayo, Kerry, Dublin, Donegal etc the spend on the county team is far less than these counties.

Using 2017 figures, other counties spend as a % of Tyrone (obviously the :

Dublin - 248%
Mayo - 239%
Kerry - 159%
Donegal - 147%

How Dublin manage to have such a big spend when nearly all their county players are based in Dublin (with sponsored cars) is surprising (or not). Travel expenses generally comprise the bulk of expenditure.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: the_daddy on December 18, 2020, 10:22:11 AM
Quote from: Angelo on December 17, 2020, 06:02:45 PM
Quote from: the_daddy on December 17, 2020, 05:05:44 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 17, 2020, 05:00:07 PM
Quote from: Club boi on December 17, 2020, 04:44:52 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 17, 2020, 11:22:52 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 17, 2020, 11:01:42 AM
Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on December 17, 2020, 10:58:53 AM
Very little talk on here about the current Tyrone trials. Has anyone heard any names?
I know there are at least 60 (Including current squad players) been "trialled" over 3 to 4 weeks.

That's a good thing I'd say, shows respect for the new team.

Few old heads have been at the trials.....few Coalisland lads there that are much talked about on this board.

Kane and McNally?

Boat has surely sailed there?

Why ??

If your good enough .........

I don't think they're good enough.

Great club players but if you want to beat Dublin you're not going to do it by bringing a few 30yr + lads in from out of the cold and ideally that's where Tyrone have been aiming.

Quote from: Angelo on December 14, 2020, 10:15:27 AM
McCrory got an awful lot of unwarranted stick with Tyrone simply due to his club, he was always a very solid player whenever given the chance.

Selective quoting there. You'll see a post from me questioning why McCrory was attending trials when we should be moving in a different direction there recently.

Nice try though.

Not selective quoting, just highlighting your mental gymnastics. People can judge for themselves on the merits of McNally and McCrory and what they offer. If the new management thinks that they can give them something different than what they've inherited, even if it's a short term fix, then why wouldn't they take a look?

No mental gymnastics to be seen from me, there is from you however:

You selectively left out this part of the post you quoted from:

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on December 13, 2020, 06:02:24 PM
Aidan McRory held Lee Brennan scoreless apparently...say what you want about him but he's a solid enough man marker. Just not the most gifted footballer.

McCrory got an awful lot of unwarranted stick with Tyrone simply due to his club, he was always a very solid player whenever given the chance.

He must be 32/33 now though and he's fell way down the pecking order in recent seasons so I'd be really surprised if Logan and Dooher were having a look at him.

So if I think that of McCrory, why should I hold a different viewpoint for Kane and McNally? Your mental gymnastics and selective quoting could only lead you there. Please try and deal with the truth in future.

Angelo

Quote from: the_daddy on December 18, 2020, 11:19:25 AM
Quote from: Angelo on December 18, 2020, 10:44:42 AM
Quote from: the_daddy on December 18, 2020, 10:22:11 AM
Quote from: Angelo on December 17, 2020, 06:02:45 PM
Quote from: the_daddy on December 17, 2020, 05:05:44 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 17, 2020, 05:00:07 PM
Quote from: Club boi on December 17, 2020, 04:44:52 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 17, 2020, 11:22:52 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 17, 2020, 11:01:42 AM
Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on December 17, 2020, 10:58:53 AM
Very little talk on here about the current Tyrone trials. Has anyone heard any names?
I know there are at least 60 (Including current squad players) been "trialled" over 3 to 4 weeks.

That's a good thing I'd say, shows respect for the new team.

Few old heads have been at the trials.....few Coalisland lads there that are much talked about on this board.

Kane and McNally?

Boat has surely sailed there?

Why ??

If your good enough .........

I don't think they're good enough.

Great club players but if you want to beat Dublin you're not going to do it by bringing a few 30yr + lads in from out of the cold and ideally that's where Tyrone have been aiming.

Selective quoting there. You'll see a post from me questioning why McCrory was attending trials when we should be moving in a different direction there recently.

Nice try though.

Not selective quoting, just highlighting your mental gymnastics. People can judge for themselves on the merits of McNally and McCrory and what they offer. If the new management thinks that they can give them something different than what they've inherited, even if it's a short term fix, then why wouldn't they take a look?

No mental gymnastics to be seen from me, there is from you however:

You selectively left out this part of the post you quoted from:

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on December 13, 2020, 06:02:24 PM
Aidan McRory held Lee Brennan scoreless apparently...say what you want about him but he's a solid enough man marker. Just not the most gifted footballer.

He must be 32/33 now though and he's fell way down the pecking order in recent seasons so I'd be really surprised if Logan and Dooher were having a look at him.

So if I think that of McCrory, why should I hold a different viewpoint for Kane and McNally? Your mental gymnastics and selective quoting could only lead you there. Please try and deal with the truth in future.

What truth am I not dealing with? I've used your own words. I haven't offered an opinion on McCrory, McNally or Kane as my viewpoint is irrelevant, same as yours. The only viewpoints that matters are those of Logan and Dooher and their coaches.

And my viewpoint is consistent. I don't see the likes of Kane, McNally and McCrory helping us close the gap on Dublin in the present or in the future. If these lads were early 20s and had the ability to improve then I'd have no problems but the likelihood is they will go in the opposite direction.

inroundthesquare

Under 17s in action today - seen the team named on Tyrone GAA but no clubs mentioned - like to see it particularly at underage

Angelo

Quote from: inroundthesquare on December 20, 2020, 12:27:28 PM
Under 17s in action today - seen the team named on Tyrone GAA but no clubs mentioned - like to see it particularly at underage

There's a Cush lad on the bench. Any relation to Adrian?

Angelo

The minor game is as bad as I've seen in a long time.

Tyrone the much better team but have been very wasteful and the handling errors and misplaced passes by both teams have been shocking.

Pitch is very poor it must be said.

Angelo

Tyrone made a meal of that.

The Tyrone keeper (Morgan I think) and Canavan were the most impressive performers. The no 10 McHugh is a very strong runner and caused a lot of problems though he made a lot of mistakes that coughed up possession too.#

Tyrone looked the stronger and fitter side and should have won by more had they cut out on the mistakes.

WeGoAgain

Quote from: Angelo on December 20, 2020, 12:36:30 PM

Yes he is his son

Angelo

Quote from: WeGoAgain on December 21, 2020, 01:54:30 PM

Yes he is his son

Is McGarrity at 6 Ronan's son too?

Quite a few links to the 95 team there.

Angelo

Quote from: In hiding on December 21, 2020, 02:30:19 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 20, 2020, 01:29:02 PM

Tyrone the much better team but have been very wasteful and the handling errors and misplaced passes by both teams have been shocking.

This is agroup who have been training collectively for two weeks in the last 9 months.
They have played no football worth talking about for most of the last 3 months. They are playing on a heavy pitch on the 20th December but if you feel the need to be critical you work away.
Your criticism of Mayo and cillian o Connor is embarrassing too.
But if makes you feel important then work away

What criticism of Mayo? I've been very complimentary of them if anything. My criticism of Cillian O'Connor is that he is not an elite level forward, I am happy with what I have said on that and have backed it up.

I did take account for the bad pitch.

Think you are a little overeager to get your dig in, sweetheart.

In hiding

Quote from: Angelo on December 21, 2020, 02:32:30 PM

This is agroup who have been training collectively for two weeks in the last 9 months.
They have played no football worth talking about for most of the last 3 months. They are playing on a heavy pitch on the 20th December but if you feel the need to be critical you work away.

What criticism of Mayo? I've been very complimentary of them if anything. My criticism of Cillian O'Connor is that he is not an elite level forward, I am happy with what I have said on that and have backed it up.

I took my post down before you had replied because I thought whats the point of disagreeing with someone like yourself.
You said the pitch was bad.
Well done you

Angelo

Quote from: In hiding on December 21, 2020, 04:47:31 PM

I took my post down before you had replied because I thought whats the point of disagreeing with someone like yourself.
Well done you

I have a feeling the real reason you took it down was because there were a lot of inaccuracies involved in your post.

Should I just have pretended I was watching a magnificent game?

In hiding

Quote from: Angelo on December 21, 2020, 04:53:29 PM

Well done you

I have a feeling the real reason you took it down was because there were a lot of inaccuracies involved in your post.

You seem to get great joy from running people down.
Its a pity people don't know who you are so that we could ridicule your lack of talent in public

Angelo

Quote from: In hiding on December 21, 2020, 05:14:36 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 21, 2020, 04:53:29 PM

Well done you

You seem to get great joy from running people down.
Its a pity people don't know who you are so that we could ridicule your lack of talent in public

Who have I ran down?

LeoMc

Quote from: Angelo on December 21, 2020, 01:56:21 PM
Quote from: WeGoAgain on December 21, 2020, 01:54:30 PM

Yes he is his son

Is McGarrity at 6 Ronan's son too?

Quite a few links to the 95 team there.
Hadn't realised that. Does that mean Peter and Pascal each have 3 nephews on the panel?