Concert tickets

Started by magpie seanie, May 08, 2017, 12:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

I'm sure this has been discussed here before but I can't find any thread that deals with it.

When you buy concert tickets and print them off - what's to stop you reprinting them. Say for example you sell a ticket to someone what's to stop you reprinting and going yourself/selling again? I suppose Ticketmaster have your details, including credit card, is that it?

AZOffaly

Same barcode. SO if you print them off multiple times, only one will work at the scanner.

Avondhu star

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 08, 2017, 12:42:02 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed here before but I can't find any thread that deals with it.

When you buy concert tickets and print them off - what's to stop you reprinting them. Say for example you sell a ticket to someone what's to stop you reprinting and going yourself/selling again? I suppose Ticketmaster have your details, including credit card, is that it?
The Theft Act would come into play if you start selling print offs knowing that they were re ussues
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

magpie seanie

Yeah, just when I see all these tickets on DoneDeal etc - are you taking a bit of a chance handing over cash when someone else can print off the ticket and go in before you? Seems loose to me.

AZOffaly

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 08, 2017, 02:09:28 PM
Yeah, just when I see all these tickets on DoneDeal etc - are you taking a bit of a chance handing over cash when someone else can print off the ticket and go in before you? Seems loose to me.

That can happen, yes. Some of them generate new bar codes and invalidate the previous ones too...

Owen Brannigan

Correct.  The printout ticket is from a generated pdf file and so the first person with that barcode which is related to or same as the ticket barcode if you had an 'actual' ticket get in and the next one has to walk away. Hence, I have always resisted buying printout tickets and tend to buy 'actual' tickets in case I need to pass them on if I can't make it to the event.

MoChara

It definitely is loose, happened a friend of mine at a music festival spent a couple of hundred quid on a "ticket" on Gumtree handed a print out and when he got to the gate and was told his ticket had already been used.