Football qualifier route 2018

Started by cornetto, April 04, 2018, 12:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

Macdanger, forgive me, but what's your County?  I'd like Armagh to avoid Monaghan and Mayo. An Armagh vs Tyrone matchup would be a heated affair, especially in light of the U20 fracas.

macdanger2

Quote from: Oraisteach on June 24, 2018, 02:13:37 AM
Macdanger, forgive me, but what's your County?  I'd like Armagh to avoid Monaghan and Mayo. An Armagh vs Tyrone matchup would be a heated affair, especially in light of the U20 fracas.

I'm a mayo man. Tbh my opinion of Armagh is probably coloured by the tone of some of the Armagh threads on here where there doesn't seem to be huge faith in yourselves. In truth, outside of Leitrim and Monaghan / Tyrone, the other four are probably much of a muchness imo

seafoid

Quote from: Oraisteach on June 24, 2018, 02:13:37 AM
I think it was Ger Gilroy who said Armagh v Tyrone is like India v Pakistan
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Carlow are gone but at least they left us with this :

https://youtu.be/e4axZz2TpZE

armaghniac

Armagh getting Mayo and giving them a game wouldn't be the worst outcome of the draw.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tonto1888

Quote from: armaghniac on June 24, 2018, 08:50:52 AM
Armagh getting Mayo and giving them a game wouldn't be the worst outcome of the draw.

It would be in the AG? Does that rule still apply

Farrandeelin

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 24, 2018, 08:53:23 AM

It would be in the AG? Does that rule still apply

Yes for round 3.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Captain Obvious

Drawing the short straw is no use and moral victories are no good either. This Armagh side needs more games and wins and drawing Leitrim,Offaly,Clare,Kildare or Cavan wouldn't be the worst outcome of the draw

seafoid

Apart from Leitrim the usual suspects won. This is the logic of the qualifiers . Kildare now have a 2 match unbeaten run rather than a 10 match losing streak. Maybe losing in May doesn't matter.

Emmett

Donegal are a very good side and will be hard to stop.

What way does the next round of the qualifiers work? Can Fermanagh have a home draw etc....

tonto1888

Quote from: Emmett on June 24, 2018, 06:46:29 PM
Donegal are a very good side and will be hard to stop.

What way does the next round of the qualifiers work? Can Fermanagh have a home draw etc....

Next round is round 3. Fermanagh are in round 4. Possibly at Croke Park

Solo_run

Tyrone vs Kildare
Mayo vs Monaghan
Armagh vs Clare
Leitrim vs Cavan

armaghniac

Quote from: Solo_run on June 24, 2018, 07:16:48 PM
Tyrone vs Kildare
Mayo vs Monaghan
Armagh vs Clare
Leitrim vs Cavan

That would do, one 'big' game, a couple of competitive ones and  not too far to travel for Cavan folk.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jinxy

100% a black card for McKernan and I think that particular rule re abusing the officials should be rigidly enforced.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Schkite

Quote from: armaghniac on June 24, 2018, 07:48:08 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on June 24, 2018, 07:16:48 PM
Tyrone vs Kildare
Mayo vs Monaghan
Armagh vs Clare
Leitrim vs Cavan

That would do, one 'big' game, a couple of competitive ones and  not too far to travel for Cavan folk.

I'm sure that draw would do for an Armagh fan!